Topic Wiki

Trans-con Lie-Flat Options and Ratings:

Air Canada 330 (YVR-YYZ), 767 (SFO-YYZ), 777 (YVR-YUL), 787 (LAX-YYZ)
American 321 (LAX-JFK), 767 (SFO-MIA), 777 (LAX-MIA)
Cathay Pacific 777 (YVR-JFK)
Delta 330 (LAX-ATL), 757 (SFO-JFK), 767 (LAX-JFK)
Jetblue 321 (LAX-JFK)
United 757 (SFO-EWR), 767 (SFO-EWR), 777 (LAX-EWR).
« Last edited by Yaalili on April 03, 2016, 09:03:06 PM »

Author Topic: Business and First Class Products Master Thread  (Read 698931 times)

Offline DMYD

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Business and First Class Products Master Thread
« Reply #1560 on: September 05, 2015, 11:31:18 PM »
LO has no WIFI
When ever I went with LH the Wifi was out of service.

Offline DMYD

• View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 05, 2015, 11:32:21 PM »
LH A380 was nice but I guess the seat on LO could be wider.

2015-09-05_11-26-27 by DMYD DDF, on Flickr

Offline shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 07, 2015, 10:51:14 AM »
Which seat would be better on LH TLV-FRA A321, a regular "business seat" with middle blocked off, or row 11 A-C which is an exit row with legroom ? (I am assuming they would give a business passenger.)

I guess the same question for any such flights with middle business blocked off.

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 07, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »
Which seat would be better on LH TLV-FRA A321, a regular "business seat" with middle blocked off, or row 11 A-C which is an exit row with legroom ? (I am assuming they would give a business passenger.)

I guess the same question for any such flights with middle business blocked off.
a bulkhead business seat is not an option?

Offline shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 07, 2015, 11:15:43 AM »
Yes but occupied

Offline shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 07, 2015, 03:36:15 PM »

For the record i called austrian (other half of flight) she cannot put me in any economy seat, her screen does not allow it. Sounded sort of surprised that i would ask. the bulkhead in business is blocked off.

i guess i could ask for supervisor but there is another way -she said i could pick a seat during online checkin when the bulkhead opens up. (a few years ago i was on the flight and they did assign me the bulkhead at booking so something changed since then.)

Anyone with experience on this?

Offline Million Miler

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 07, 2015, 04:15:18 PM »
For the record i called austrian (other half of flight) she cannot put me in any economy seat, her screen does not allow it. Sounded sort of surprised that i would ask. the bulkhead in business is blocked off.

i guess i could ask for supervisor but there is another way -she said i could pick a seat during online checkin when the bulkhead opens up. (a few years ago i was on the flight and they did assign me the bulkhead at booking so something changed since then.)

Anyone with experience on this?

Yes, I flew LH TLV-FRA a couple of months ago and about the first 2 rows were blocked until about two days out, I snatched 1A then. You can check if the seat is blocked or assigned to someone on expertflyer.

Offline YMW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: September 07, 2015, 04:31:58 PM »

My personal preference would rather be an empty seat than more leg room, (& I am 6 feet ;)...), of course if you can go for the J bulkhead it would be even better.

Offline shauly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 09, 2015, 07:55:26 AM »
My thoughts on OS J EWR-VIE-TLV. This was my first time flying an international premium cabin, so I'm sure that skews things a bit.

EWR-VIE (B767)
This was amazing. For the first time ever on a long haul flight, I was watching the map and wishing that the clock would be winding down slower, instead of faster. Why was I watching the map? Because even though they have beautiful screens, the entertainment options stink. They have just a handful of movies and shows. That didn't really bother me since I always take my own entertainment, but it's worth being prepared for. In the upright mode, and in the "relax" mode, the seats were extremely comfortable. Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't so comfortable in full flat and didn't spend so long that way. There was something about the narrowness of the seat, and being so low down to the floor that I really didn't enjoy. I'm 5'11", and my feet felt a bit cramped in the cubby. The control panel for the seat was intuitive and easy to use, but not very responsive (I checked other seats as well). The "massage" feature was a joke. After spending five minutes trying to get the button to work, you feel something very faint against your back that may be movement, or maybe just your imagination. I was in seat 2a, which has the console on the left side between the seat and the window. I would have preferred being in one of the seats with the console on the right, as a separation from the aisle. The food wasn't terrible. It was definitely edible, but when you see the five star catering that everyone else is getting, it's hard to get too excited over a bag of Liebers potato chips and mystery meat. One thing I didn't like was eating in the dark. I really felt left out when I saw the coffee menu. Austrian is an amazing option if you don't keep kosher. The flight attendants weren't so proactive about seeing if anything was needed, but were happy to help when asked for something. All in all, it was an excellent experience and I think a very nice introduction to premium cabins. My wife, who for the last two years has complained about how much time I spend reading DDF, and all the gift cards always lying around, said only ten minutes after boarding that she will never fly economy again. (CX F to HKG, here we come!)

VIE-TLV (A321)
This was a fake business class with just the middle seat blocked off. The first two rows were J. My only comment: wait for LX to open, it's worth it.

Offline Knaper_Chuchem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 09, 2015, 08:24:34 AM »

I still remeber the day when the purpose of flying was to get from point A to point B. Upgrading to premium cabins was intended to make yourself comfortable during the proccess...

Nowadays, it's the other way around... We're constantly in search for point B in order to fly.. With all the travel blogs spelling out which routes provides the best 'flying experience', chossing on a point B has become all the more easier...

Finally, we identify a point B, premium availabilty opens on, bingo!! We get a high, we have what to brag about... Half the fun of 'flying' has already been achived...

We get to our seat, wait, we think back, how was the premium access? Was it really that much better than the regular guy...? How was the lounge? OK, will think about that later.. The seat is comfortable at first, we half recline , then fully recline making sure if we're still as comfortable... You get the point..

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #1570 on: September 09, 2015, 09:18:52 AM »
I still remeber the day when the purpose of flying was to get from point A to point B. Upgrading to premium cabins was intended to make yourself comfortable during the proccess...

Nowadays, it's the other way around... We're constantly in search for point B in order to fly.. With all the travel blogs spelling out which routes provides the best 'flying experience', chossing on a point B has become all the more easier...

Finally, we identify a point B, premium availabilty opens on, bingo!! We get a high, we have what to brag about... Half the fun of 'flying' has already been achived...

We get to our seat, wait, we think back, how was the premium access? Was it really that much better than the regular guy...? How was the lounge? OK, will think about that later.. The seat is comfortable at first, we half recline , then fully recline making sure if we're still as comfortable... You get the point..

I dont. This is DDF, we love travel & for a lot of us the comfort of flying in F for free. No idea what you're trying to say.

Offline shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 09, 2015, 10:01:25 AM »
Looking at a sunday morn tlv zrh on LX for the real business seats. Somehow pulling up A321 with "business" middle blocked.
All sunday mornings in nov dec at least show the same.

Whats pshat?

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 09, 2015, 10:07:45 AM »
Looking at a sunday morn tlv zrh on LX for the real business seats. Somehow pulling up A321 with "business" middle blocked.

Whats pshat?

not all flights are the a340

Offline Hershelsdeals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 09, 2015, 10:25:01 AM »

Offline shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 09, 2015, 11:35:45 AM »
not all flights are the a340

I see. good i checked before booking.

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: September 09, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »

Whats pshat?
upthread someone mentioned(I'm sure TimT will find it) that sunday is generally fake j

Offline Hershelsdeals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 09, 2015, 11:45:02 AM »
upthread someone mentioned(I'm sure TimT will find it) that sunday is generally fake j

I checked the next 5 sundays, only 1/10 flights is scheduled to be a A321 (Fake J)

I didn't check Nov or Dec

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 09, 2015, 11:48:23 AM »
I hope people check. what a disappointment if they show up to a fake J seat  :-\

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 09, 2015, 12:14:02 PM »

I'm not sure when you are referring to but in the good old 50s, the glory days of pan am, flying was more an experience then a mode of transport. And there wasn't as much of a need to upgrade when their economy was our business. Only when the jumbo jet was introduced did travel and luxury split for most

Offline foseph

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 09, 2015, 12:20:41 PM »
and from a guy who's never traveled bus/first until last week, theres a lot to be said for being able to get 8 hrs of sleep on a flight that i wouldve taken anyways in coach