Author Topic: Get 50%-100% Miles on US when paying with MasterCard  (Read 3661 times)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Get 50%-100% Miles on US when paying with MasterCard
« on: December 01, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »
Use your MasterCard® card and your imagination.
Book a flight with a MasterCard card and you’ll get a 50% bonus on your miles. And, you'll get a 100% bonus if you book with your US Airways MasterCard card.

http://shopping.usairways.com/promotion/DividendMiles/Registration.aspx?PromoCode=MCQ4&c=eml_mkt_MCSystemwide_01104_11302010

Registration online is required before booking. For a 50% bonus on miles, register between October 1 and December 31, 2010, and purchase a ticket for travel by December 31, 2010 with a valid MasterCard card. Miles do not count toward Preferred status. For a 100% bonus on miles, you must pay with a US Airways MasterCard card. Your bonus miles are calculated on miles flown, including segment minimums, but not Preferred status flight bonuses. Not combinable with any other offer, including Double up! promotions. US Airways will award miles 6 - 8 weeks after travel has been completed. You must register before you book in order to receive bonus miles. Offer valid for bookings made on usairways.com only. All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. ©2010 US Airways.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Get 50%-100% Miles on US when paying with MasterCard
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 08:58:43 PM »
Use your MasterCard® card and your imagination.
Book a flight with a MasterCard card and you’ll get a 50% bonus on your miles. And, you'll get a 100% bonus if you book with your US Airways MasterCard card.

http://shopping.usairways.com/promotion/DividendMiles/Registration.aspx?PromoCode=MCQ4&c=eml_mkt_MCSystemwide_01104_11302010

Registration online is required before booking. For a 50% bonus on miles, register between October 1 and December 31, 2010, and purchase a ticket for travel by December 31, 2010 with a valid MasterCard card. Miles do not count toward Preferred status. For a 100% bonus on miles, you must pay with a US Airways MasterCard card. Your bonus miles are calculated on miles flown, including segment minimums, but not Preferred status flight bonuses. Not combinable with any other offer, including Double up! promotions. US Airways will award miles 6 - 8 weeks after travel has been completed. You must register before you book in order to receive bonus miles. Offer valid for bookings made on usairways.com only. All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. ©2010 US Airways.

If only other airlines ran similar promos...
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 09:00:57 PM »
If only other airlines ran similar promos...
+1

I'd rather not fly then fly on US again.  They're just wretched.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
+1

I'd rather not fly then fly on US again.  They're just wretched.

Mastercard's dispute resolution is sooo customer unfriendly that I try to avoid using my mastercards for anything. But then again, this just might be why the two companies are partnering with each other...:D

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 03:14:32 AM »
Mastercard's dispute resolution is sooo customer unfriendly that I try to avoid using my mastercards for anything. But then again, this just might be why the two companies are partnering with each other...:D

That's a blanket statement. If you're referring to BofA then I agree 100%. I've had good experiences with Citi/Chase, but obviously none of those compare to Amex. Once you get used to disputes with Amex, nothing (that I've seen anyway) compares.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 03:23:25 AM »
Do you guys think that the names of cc and pax have to match?

You could use the us dividends for booking CO, so Dan, it has a positive note.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 03:30:43 AM »

Ever since they froze his account, he refuses to accumulate miles with them.

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 03:30:49 AM »

But when you get screwed by a certain program, the bitter taste will remain for a while...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 03:32:35 AM »
But when you get screwed by a certain program, the bitter taste will remain for a while...

Jinx :D

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 03:33:30 AM »
Although they defrosted him?

He won the case.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 03:52:42 AM »
Although they defrosted him?

He won the case.

I'm sure you wouldn't like it either if they froze your account for no reason and you had to fight (spend time and money etc.) to get it reopened.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 04:37:43 AM »
I had this with chase-online yesterday.

I had this with paypal also.

I think it depends the way it ended.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 04:41:30 AM »
I had this with chase-online yesterday.

I had this with paypal also.

I think it depends the way it ended.

Chase is different, they probably just froze your online access for security reasons.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 04:51:07 AM »
I guess that security problem aroused when I tried putting liquids, more than $3,4 on my account...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 05:41:25 AM »
I guess that security problem aroused when I tried putting liquids, more than $3,4 on my account...

Whaaaat?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 06:42:12 AM »
Alright, I compared chase to us dividend,dehaynu bank to airline.

You said that chase blocked me for security reasons.

To stick with the comparison, I said that depositing liquid in the bank (liquid can mean cash), and the amount of $3.4 to make fun of the ridiculous 3.4 oz maximum of liquids allowed on airlines carry-on.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 12:30:18 PM »
That's a blanket statement. If you're referring to BofA then I agree 100%. I've had good experiences with Citi/Chase, but obviously none of those compare to Amex. Once you get used to disputes with Amex, nothing (that I've seen anyway) compares.

I had this with BoA, and later with Citi. Recently I opened a Suntrust account and they gave me the option to fund it with my CC so I used my Citi AA MasterCard to get 100 miles (max they allow). I was not told anything about it being a Cash advance, but a few days later I see it went through as a CA. I called Citi asking what's up with that, and they said the merchant (suntrust) put it through using a CA code. I told citi that I never authorized it and I want to cancel the transaction - which they said was ok but they had to put me through to dispute resolution. The DS rep was so good at being rude that I believe they select and train them to be this way to avoid taking as much cases as they can get away with. She absolutely refused to do anything saying that since I authorized the charge she cannot dispute it, and the merchant has the right to put it through any which way they want whether they tell me it's a CA or not. This is the most recent incident I had, and I believe it's not Citi setting things up this way but MasterCard themselves. I've seen people saying in other places on the net that Mastercard is the hardest for DR.

The few times I used Visa dispute i felt they were fair even though it was not such a breeze like AMEX.

(PS, I later worked out with Suntrust to credit the CA charges. I don't recommend them as a bank though, as thei've made several serious mishaps with me, the latest being charging me the annual fee twice and overdrawing my account. It's worth the pain for the miles as they will work things out, but to much of a hassle to do biz with. They seem 'batlonish')

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »
I had this with BoA, and later with Citi. Recently I opened a Suntrust account and they gave me the option to fund it with my CC so I used my Citi AA MasterCard to get 100 miles (max they allow). I was not told anything about it being a Cash advance, but a few days later I see it went through as a CA. I called Citi asking what's up with that, and they said the merchant (suntrust) put it through using a CA code. I told citi that I never authorized it and I want to cancel the transaction - which they said was ok but they had to put me through to dispute resolution. The DS rep was so good at being rude that I believe they select and train them to be this way to avoid taking as much cases as they can get away with. She absolutely refused to do anything saying that since I authorized the charge she cannot dispute it, and the merchant has the right to put it through any which way they want whether they tell me it's a CA or not. This is the most recent incident I had, and I believe it's not Citi setting things up this way but MasterCard themselves. I've seen people saying in other places on the net that Mastercard is the hardest for DR.

The few times I used Visa dispute i felt they were fair even though it was not such a breeze like AMEX.

(PS, I later worked out with Suntrust to credit the CA charges. I don't recommend them as a bank though, as thei've made several serious mishaps with me, the latest being charging me the annual fee twice and overdrawing my account. It's worth the pain for the miles as they will work things out, but to much of a hassle to do biz with. They seem 'batlonish')

While Visa and MC define the rules, I'm pretty sure it's the issuing bank that processes the charge-backs (at least as far as the card-holder is concerned). As far as charges coming through as cash-advance, that's a known citi thing, and I doubt it has anything to do with mastercard.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 04:38:31 PM »
While Visa and MC define the rules, I'm pretty sure it's the issuing bank that processes the charge-backs (at least as far as the card-holder is concerned). As far as charges coming through as cash-advance, that's a known citi thing, and I doubt it has anything to do with mastercard.

I'm familiar with the citi CA thingy. Nevertheless, you've got to be told something will be a cash advance. And if you're not, at minimum you should be able to cancel the transaction. The way Citi - Mastercard (take your pick) handled it reflects badly on them. But again, it's not just Citi's mastercard, it's this way with BoA too. So all my experiences with MC disputes were negative.

Lets turn this around; Do you or anyone else feel you have ever been treated fairly with a MasterCard branded CC dispute? If yes,  perhaps we can narrow down which CC to avoid if we're thinking there may be a dispute.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 05:43:26 PM »
I'm familiar with the citi CA thingy. Nevertheless, you've got to be told something will be a cash advance. And if you're not, at minimum you should be able to cancel the transaction. The way Citi - Mastercard (take your pick) handled it reflects badly on them. But again, it's not just Citi's mastercard, it's this way with BoA too. So all my experiences with MC disputes were negative.

Lets turn this around; Do you or anyone else feel you have ever been treated fairly with a MasterCard branded CC dispute? If yes,  perhaps we can narrow down which CC to avoid if we're thinking there may be a dispute.

No issues with my citi/chase mastercard disputes.

My mom had to dispute a BofA charge and their customer service was incompetent, I think it was a visa card though.