Author Topic: My Yellow Bus Day Camp  (Read 5673 times)

Offline Myls311

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
My Yellow Bus Day Camp
« on: July 21, 2014, 10:37:20 AM »
This is a "day camp" in Brooklyn which has been closed since Friday 7/12. They have given us parents no information as to why or what is going on. They have taken all our money upfront and all calls regarding information or a refund have gone unreturned. If you are closed, take our children on a trip with our money or rent out a different facility but these children are home alone for a week crying with nothing to do while all their friends are having a blast. I have to take off from work, pay for babyistters and now had to pay even more money to have him in a new camp because I can not take any more days off. Is anyone else in the same boat as me? This is a scam and must be handled. This "Rebbetzin Leifer" is doing nothing to help us. They claim they will make up the days but they can not extend camp into yeshiva. This is a disaster for the children and staff members who counted on jobs for the summer as well as money. Anyone with any information please help.

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
Re: My Yellow Bus Day Camp
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 11:23:21 AM »
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Myls311

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 11:28:15 AM »
www.myyellowbus.com?
yes that is them although there is no camp for over a week now and no return calls. All they provide is a mass text every night saying that they are working to resolve issues and camp still closed

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 11:30:26 AM »
Hasn't anyone spoken to her in person & demanded to know what's going on ?

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 11:31:30 AM »
Did you at least pay for it on a CC so you can get your money back?

Do you know any of the other parents there?
If it comes down to it, maybe reach out to your LOR and discuss filing a police report (I don't know whats involved in something like that, but there's gotta be someone you can talk to over there).
People running "Jewish" businesses should not be allowed to get away with scamming the Kehila.

Offline Myls311

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »
Hasn't anyone spoken to her in person & demanded to know what's going on ?
No one can speak to anyone because all you get is the general mailbox when calling. I have left over ten messages and not one has been returned.

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 11:34:16 AM »
I don't know if its a scam, I believe I heard of this camp years ago I doubt they opened this summer to screw parents. I'm not saying what the guy is doing is right, because it sounds totally wrong. All I'm trying to bring out is that to me it seems as if it wasn't set up as a scam and just ran in to a few issues.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 11:35:39 AM »
I don't know if its a scam, I heard of this camp years ago I believe so I doubt they opened this summer to screw parents. I'm not saying what the guy is doing is right, because it sounds totally wrong. All I'm trying to bring out is that to me it seems as if it wasn't set up as a scam and just ran in to a few issues.
If it's just a few issues it's their responsibility to be in touch with the parents, not ignore them.

Offline Myls311

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 11:44:04 AM »
If it's just a few issues it's their responsibility to be in touch with the parents, not ignore them.
If it is a few issues then they have a responsibility to be in touch with us and no leave us stranded for over a week. They have our money and should arrange other facilities or trips for the children instead of them being home doing absolutely nothing. They say they will make up for the days. Do they plan to extend camp into when school starts?

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 11:50:29 AM »
Crazy. My kids loved it last summer.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »
Well, I just got off the phone with them. Seems like a mad parent masered about something & once they were there realized they were missing some permits, & now they wanna go through everyone's medical forms etc. From the one I spoke to either they open tomorrow or not at all.

Offline Myls311

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
Well, I just got off the phone with them. Seems like a mad parent masered about something & once they were there realized they were missing some permits, & now they wanna go through everyone's medical forms etc. From the one I spoke to either they open tomorrow or not at all.
Thats pretty impressive that you spoke to someone when I have been trying every hour for over a week

Offline Myls311

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 11:00:10 PM »
Another day,  Another day where they are closed. Once again the extra communicative camp has sent out a mass txt that they are closed tomorrow yet again.

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 09:21:04 AM »
@timt, get the camp open please

Offline Myls311

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 09:45:08 AM »
at this point just shut it down, call it a summer, give us our money back, and work on bettering yourself for next year

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 10:14:41 AM »
Sorry I can't help you with that one. Never even heard of the place before this thread.

Offline BrooklynCPA

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
We have 2 kids there and it has been extremely difficult for us to find what to do with them over the past 1 1/2 weeks. As difficult as it this is it not in Mrs. Leifers control. Someone massered because they were upset about something and they will be going to hell for it. They rented a brand new building and its not their fault that it wasn't up to code. There is obviously an inspector that is antisemitic and out to make her life miserable while not caring about the hundreds of stranded children (which is not uncommon dealing with city officials.) It is very difficult to find another building suitable for a day camp and I am sure they tried everything. It looks like they are about to make a deal with Ruach Daycamp if they don't get approved today.

She probably didn't get back to everyone because she has nothing to add on top of what she has written on the many emails, texts and messages.

This is the 3rd year my kids are in this day camp and we have always been extremely happy. The Leifers are honest good people and as difficult as this is for all of us I wish them luck and hope this all gets worked out.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 10:37:44 AM »
We have 2 kids there and it has been extremely difficult for us to find what to do with them over the past 1 1/2 weeks. As difficult as it this is it not in Mrs. Leifers control. Someone massered because they were upset about something and they will be going to hell for it. They rented a brand new building and its not their fault that it wasn't up to code. There is obviously an inspector that is antisemitic and out to make her life miserable while not caring about the hundreds of stranded children (which is not uncommon dealing with city officials.) It is very difficult to find another building suitable for a day camp and I am sure they tried everything. It looks like they are about to make a deal with Ruach Daycamp if they don't get approved today.

She probably didn't get back to everyone because she has nothing to add on top of what she has written on the many emails, texts and messages.

This is the 3rd year my kids are in this day camp and we have always been extremely happy. The Leifers are honest good people and as difficult as this is for all of us I wish them luck and hope this all gets worked out.
I don't know if u could call the inspector anti Semitic. He could be in big trouble if he gives the ok before everything is good.

Offline BrooklynCPA

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 10:41:35 AM »
I don't know if u could call the inspector anti Semitic. He could be in big trouble if he gives the ok before everything is good.

I totally agree but in this case he has been stalling her day after day and not showing up to inspect knowing there are many kids stranded. I have heard other things too. This is clearly a biased situation.

Offline Myls311

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 10:44:43 AM »

The inspector is not anti semitic for doing his job. In any case, you seem to be the lucky one who has gotten emails and in touch with them while I have gotten nothing more than the mass text until last night after this thread was created. They say they will be issuing refunds when they are able to so I guess lets see what happens in the next few days if our money is returned before further action is taken. I have already placed my son somewhere else and at this point would just like my money back and move on from this horrific episode.