Author Topic: My 1yr of DDF!!  (Read 22162 times)

Offline rng

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: My 1yr of DDF!!
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2014, 10:54:59 AM »
CB only is on actual spending. 30 million would include sign up bonuses, which weren't even a thought for me up until a year ago.
did you do this full time?
It cost money also to get gift cards as well as AF etc, so you didnt net over 30k did you?
How often did you do AOR?

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2014, 07:20:51 AM »
Happy 1 year anniversary to me!

A year in which I learned an incredible amount of knowledge from understanding the basics of credit scores to the intricacies of a OneWorld Explorer Award.

Between myself and my wife (and 1 card under my mom's name), I opened 32 cards and collected 1.5 million points. It was mind-boggling adding that number up the other day.

I went on a 6 1/2 week honeymoon through Israel and Europe, visiting 10 countries, taking 12 flights (11 in business) on 19 legs for $1200 a person and stayed at free hotels for 33 nights in a row. Thirty-freakin-three.

We enjoyed 9 free RT tickets NYC-DEN (my in laws) on SW and a couple more short-hauls thanks to Avios. Obviously, getting married to an OOTer this year meant I would start flying more, but I have never flown close to this much in my entire life.

I never imagined I would see the Colosseum or Stonehenge. Never thought I would have the Eiffel Tower in my skyline for 5 nights while staying at a $1000/night hotel. I know I owe you all plenty of TRs still, but for now, I'll just say thanks. Thanks to Dan for putting this place together and keeping it going and thanks to everyone here who has answered my questions and helped along the way. It's coincidental that on my 1 year anniversary, I'm actually starting my job. Not sure I could have done this if I actually had a job this past year. :P I expect my frequency here to die down a bit (at least during work hours), but I hope to get in many NYC lunch DOs.

To an even more spectacular year ahead!
@Yehuda
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:32:19 AM by @Yehuda »

Offline bubble347

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2014, 08:46:44 AM »
MT, wow, it's hard to believe that it has only been a year. It felt like you have been planning your honeymoon for decades. :D
Watch this inspiring video.

Offline MaaYanky

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 22
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, and since others...
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2014, 08:55:45 AM »
Mazal Tov! And I thought I did well!! 😀

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2014, 10:05:51 AM »
MT, wow, it's hard to believe that it has only been a year. It felt like you have been planning your honeymoon for decades. :D
Ha thanks, yeah I definitely put a biiit too much into the planing ;)

Mazal Tov! And I thought I did well!! 😀
Thanks! Well, I think you're numbers speak for themselves :)

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2014, 04:43:04 PM »

A year in which I learned an incredible amount of knowledge from understanding the basics of credit scores to the intricacies of a OneWorld Explorer Award.

Between myself and my wife (and 1 card under my mom's name), I opened 32 cards and collected 1.5 million points. It was mind-boggling adding that number up the other day.

I went on a 6 1/2 week honeymoon through Israel and Europe, visiting 10 countries, taking 12 flights (11 in business) on 19 legs for $1200 a person and stayed at free hotels for 33 nights in a row. Thirty-freakin-three.

We enjoyed 9 free RT tickets NYC-DEN (my in laws) on SW and a couple more short-hauls thanks to Avios. Obviously, getting married to an OOTer this year meant I would start flying more, but I have never flown close to this much in my entire life.

I never imagined I would see the Colosseum or Stonehenge. Never thought I would have the Eiffel Tower in my skyline for 5 nights while staying at a $1000/night hotel. I know I owe you all plenty of TRs still, but for now, I'll just say thanks. Thanks to Dan for putting this place together and keeping it going and thanks to everyone here who has answered my questions and helped along the way. It's coincidental that on my 1 year anniversary, I'm actually starting my job. Not sure I could have done this if I actually had a job this past year. :P I expect my frequency here to die down a bit (at least during work hours), but I hope to get in many NYC lunch DOs.

@Yehuda
Congrats!
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2014, 05:47:32 PM »
How's the marriage coming along?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2014, 05:49:03 PM »

@Yehuda
That's when a lot of people actually post :)
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2014, 06:03:58 PM »
Congrats!

How's the marriage coming along?
I've moved from the "so-far-so-good" phase to the "it's awesome, she's the best in the world!" :-)

That's when a lot of people actually post :)
Hah, well after Day 1, it's looks like I'll be unassigned until November, so I guess my time won't slack off too much for now.

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »

I never imagined I would see the Colosseum or Stonehenge. Never thought I would have the Eiffel Tower in my skyline for 5 nights while staying at a $1000/night hotel.
L'havdil being right after YK, yet INSPIRING, AMAZING and AWESOME!!  MT!

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2014, 06:25:25 PM »
May there be many more where that came from. I think Dan should post your story on DDMS .   :)
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
L'havdil being right after YK, yet INSPIRING, AMAZING and AWESOME!!  MT!
Hehe thanks!
May there be many more where that came from. I think Dan should post your story on DDMS .   :)
Amen! Ha I'm sure I'm far from the best DDF story.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2014, 07:03:42 PM »
There are plenty of great stories. But how many people took a 33 day honeymoon the first year they 'joined' the game? Def would make a great post IMHO. :) Shows how far you can come in a short period of time.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2014, 07:15:39 PM »
There are plenty of great stories. But how many people took a 33 day honeymoon the first year they 'joined' the game? Def would make a great post IMHO. :) Shows how far you can come in a short period of time.
Guess I wasn't clear. It was a 6.5 week (46 day) honeymoon. Just 12 days were in Israel, staying at Zaidy's apt. ;D

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2014, 12:02:17 PM »
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/53182

Holy cow. I'm floored. Thanks Dan (and thanks Sky for the suggestion) for sharing my story, which I hope inspires people to join the fun!

Offline Miracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2014, 12:15:52 PM »

Holy cow. I'm floored. Thanks Dan (and thanks Sky for the suggestion) for sharing my story, which I hope inspires people to join the fun!
MT, Yehuda :)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2014, 12:27:26 PM »
Nice! Did you at least get a HT out of the whole thing? :P

Offline rediplus

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2014, 12:32:27 PM »
congratulations to all !!

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2014, 12:35:28 PM »

Awesome!
And I'm sure Dan didn't need my suggesting the idea. ;)

I'm sure it'll inspire others out there.

Offline Yehoshua

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2014, 12:57:42 PM »
MT @Yehuda, seems like you've been it this for a lot longer than one year. May you have the time to continue both accurring and using everything for years to come!