Author Topic: My 1yr of DDF!!  (Read 22171 times)

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: My 1yr of DDF!!
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2014, 06:58:18 PM »
Mazel Tov! Onto a great next year!

(Not sure what I inspired about RC Herzaliya though. I didn't head that way. :( )

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2014, 07:01:38 PM »
I recently celebrated my 1 year DDFsary (two days ago). One thing that I really want to work on this year is HaKarat HaTov, so thanks to everyone for helping me:
Wow another great first year.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline AharonInIsrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2014, 02:17:09 AM »
To all those who were asking, I wrote a goodwill letter to Target based off of CV’s advice: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=31484.msg661287#msg661287
I told them I’m really sorry, accepted full responsibility for what happened (while explaining the circumstances- I was young, didn’t know enough, just got married etc.), and told them that since then I’ve done teshuva (probably didn’t use that word) and have been super responsible and made sure that it will never happen again.
Two months later, I got a letter from them saying they've asked for it to be removed from my CR!

Mazel Tov! Onto a great next year!

(Not sure what I inspired about RC Herzaliya though. I didn't head that way. :( )
I didn’t remember things clearly- thanks to SamKey for the pics (http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=31281.msg894328#msg894328) and to @Yehuda (http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=42333.msg849893#msg849893) for inspiring me to “casually” mention that it was our five year anniversary (and get a bottle of champagne).
That reminds me: when we checked in they said “Oh, you’re the couple who called before about the anniversary, right?” and when I said that I didn’t think I called in, they said “Oh right, it was someone else- it’s their three month anniversary of having a baby so they’re coming here to celebrate!”. Sounds like a creative DDF type of celebration to me- anyone here? ;)
Other story from the RC- when we signed in, the clerk showed us my billing address in America, and asked "Is this your address?" When I hesitated (I didn't know if he wanted my Israel address) he said "Oh, is it your friend's address? Don't worry, we know what to do" in a knowing way.

Wow another great first year.
Thanks CM! Hopefully if you keep working at it, you’ll be able to celebrate your one year anniversary one day too- we were all n00bs once 8)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2014, 01:06:27 PM »
Thanks CM! Hopefully if you keep working at it, you’ll be able to celebrate your one year anniversary one day too- we were all n00bs once 8)
I will keep working at it.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2015, 08:48:16 PM »
Happy 1 year anniversary to me!

A year in which I learned an incredible amount of knowledge from understanding the basics of credit scores to the intricacies of a OneWorld Explorer Award.

Between myself and my wife (and 1 card under my mom's name), I opened 32 cards and collected 1.5 million points. It was mind-boggling adding that number up the other day.

I went on a 6 1/2 week honeymoon through Israel and Europe, visiting 10 countries, taking 12 flights (11 in business) on 19 legs for $1200 a person and stayed at free hotels for 33 nights in a row. Thirty-freakin-three.

We enjoyed 9 free RT tickets NYC-DEN (my in laws) on SW and a couple more short-hauls thanks to Avios. Obviously, getting married to an OOTer this year meant I would start flying more, but I have never flown close to this much in my entire life.

I never imagined I would see the Colosseum or Stonehenge. Never thought I would have the Eiffel Tower in my skyline for 5 nights while staying at a $1000/night hotel. I know I owe you all plenty of TRs still, but for now, I'll just say thanks. Thanks to Dan for putting this place together and keeping it going and thanks to everyone here who has answered my questions and helped along the way. It's coincidental that on my 1 year anniversary, I'm actually starting my job. Not sure I could have done this if I actually had a job this past year. :P I expect my frequency here to die down a bit (at least during work hours), but I hope to get in many NYC lunch DOs.

To an even more spectacular year ahead!
@Yehuda

Happy 2nd year anniversary to me!

CANNOT BELIEVE another year has gone by. Wow. Re-reading last year's post, and the most ironic part might have been how I thought my involvement here would go down because I started working, hehe...

Year 2 vs. Year 1 in numbers:
27 new CCs vs. 33 new CCs
~1.5M points vs. ~1.5M points - incredible how, without realizing, I earned just about the exact same amount of points as last year.

Got in 3 trips to DEN to the in laws, a 3 day vacation in magical Orlando, and a week in paradisical Kauai at the GORGEOUS Grand Hyatt Kauai - all on miles and points. Off days at work really put a limit to our traveling compared to last year ;) but we still were able to get away for a nice amount of time b"h.

Finally had the honor to meet Dan as well as countless other DDFers at more DOs than I can remember and even spent Shabbos at a DDFer's home.

Something that really hit home with me this year was - and I hope this doesn't come off in a haughty way - how little I know. While I might seem like a "real expert" to my friends and family, out here on the forums, you don't realize how much people know until you get to know them a little more personally, especially in the world of MS. Some guys here just make my jaw drop. I realized, though, that everyone needs to find the DDF level that works best for them and keeping this going at a simple, steady level seems to be best for me.

If any newbies read this, I'd give one bit of advice for getting started: don't be overwhelmed by the information here. The learning curve is great, but once you're past it, it's pretty easy to keep yourself at a comfortable and consistent level.

To the best hobby ever!
@Yehuda

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2015, 12:16:23 AM »

CANNOT BELIEVE another year has gone by. Wow. Re-reading last year's post, and the most ironic part might have been how I thought my involvement here would go down because I started working, hehe...

~1.5M points vs. ~1.5M points - incredible how, without realizing, I earned just about the exact same amount of points as last year.

Got in 3 trips to DEN to the in laws, a 3 day vacation in magical Orlando, and a week in paradisical Kauai at the GORGEOUS Grand Hyatt Kauai - all on miles and points. Off days at work really put a limit to our traveling compared to last year ;) but we still were able to get away for a nice amount of time b"h.

Finally had the honor to meet Dan as well as countless other DDFers at more DOs than I can remember and even spent Shabbos at a DDFer's home.

Something that really hit home with me this year was - and I hope this doesn't come off in a haughty way - how little I know. While I might seem like a "real expert" to my friends and family, out here on the forums, you don't realize how much people know until you get to know them a little more personally, especially in the world of MS. Some guys here just make my jaw drop. I realized, though, that everyone needs to find the DDF level that works best for them and keeping this going at a simple, steady level seems to be best for me.

If any newbies read this, I'd give one bit of advice for getting started: don't be overwhelmed by the information here. The learning curve is great, but once you're past it, it's pretty easy to keep yourself at a comfortable and consistent level.

To the best hobby ever!
@Yehuda
Unbelievable! I know I am not in the same league as most here but this year has been better than last year.

Offline ah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2015, 12:21:43 AM »
I know I am not in the same league as most here
thats for sure  ;)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2015, 12:24:30 AM »
thats for sure  ;)
I did just do my first 3bm for points so I am learning.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2015, 12:25:33 AM »
Points?!?!?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2015, 12:36:07 AM »

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2015, 12:48:48 AM »
You should also look into cb cards. Some people make money off them

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2015, 07:40:01 AM »

To the best hobby ever!
@Yehuda
Here's to many more!

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2015, 10:09:30 AM »
Here's to many more!
Thanks!

And thanks for all the sarcasm, Chaim.  ::)

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2015, 10:15:17 AM »
Thanks!

And thanks for all the sarcasm, Chaim.  ::)
I dont think hes being sarcastic.

On another note, Congrats!
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline keepsmiling123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UR, SPG, MR, UA
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2015, 10:22:42 AM »
Congrats @Yehuda

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2015, 10:41:44 AM »
Congratulations! Thanks for all you add to the forum experience!

Offline eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2015, 11:27:08 AM »

@Yehuda
how did you get to that which cards ?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2015, 12:17:40 PM »
I wasn't being sarcastic and you did a great job.

Offline MosheD

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2015, 12:58:01 PM »
Wow! I've been here a while and barely earned 1M... Although I only have 1 ss to use

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2015, 03:20:53 PM »

On another note, Congrats!

Congrats @Yehuda

Congratulations! Thanks for all you add to the forum experience!

Thanks all!

how did you get to that which cards ?

Most of the popular travel cards out there. And those numbers include the same cards for my wife. As well as having some cards more than once.

I wasn't being sarcastic and you did a great job.

Ah, sorry I misread that. Thanks!

Wow! I've been here a while and barely earned 1M... Although I only have 1 ss to use

Iy"h to another SSN soon! ;D