Author Topic: Air Conditioner Repair Help!  (Read 8908 times)

Offline FlyFirst

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Air Conditioner Repair Help!
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2015, 11:24:21 AM »
I live in BP but I won't bother taking it out, its hell heavy, I thought I might find someone for $50-100 to come down to me and fix it

Offline smee123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2015, 02:56:34 PM »
I live in BP but I won't bother taking it out, its hell heavy, I thought I might find someone for $50-100 to come down to me and fix it
No, but they can tell you its broken for more than that  ;D

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2015, 02:29:57 PM »
Thank you for contacting GE Appliances. My name is[......]

I did a little research and we have a couple of options available. I could cover 25% of the parts and labor charges, if you would like a GE technician out for repair. You would be responsible for the other portion of parts and labor, as well as the home call of $99.95. With you paying for a portion of the parts and labor, any part the technician replaces has a warranty for 5 years on the part and 30 days on his labor. The service that you would have will be performed by a factory trained GE tech. Our technicians only work on GE appliances and are trained on only GE appliances.  If you would like this option, please let me know a few days that would work for you to have someone 18 years or older at home and whether you prefer 8:00-noon or 1:00-5:00. I can schedule the appointment and put on the service ticket that I am 25% of the parts and labor, and then let you know.

Or, if you would rather replace the air conditioner, I can offer a mail-in rebate (called a Goodwill Certificate) in the amount of $75 to assist with that cost. This rebate would be valid for 90 days from the date I process it. You can go to any dealer and purchase any air conditioner, as long as it is a GE brand. Send a copy of your sales receipt with the certificate to the address provided on the certificate, and we will then reimburse you up to the $75. If you would like this, it does require me to issue the certificate at least 1 day PRIOR to your purchase. We will need the "tag" from your current air conditioner that has the model and serial numbers printed on it. You can peel the tag (it's usually a sticker located on the back) off and place it on a blank piece of paper. Then you can email it to me as an attachment,[..........]You will also need to sever the cord before you dispose of the current air conditioner.
["-"]