Author Topic: maximizing miles  (Read 2193 times)

Offline bentch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
maximizing miles
« on: December 05, 2010, 03:32:29 PM »
hey all,

i'm new to all this miles maximization.  what kind of valuation is worthy of redeeming miles. i'm running a marathon in miami and am looking for *A flights for the weekend of 1/27 evening (or28 morning)-1/30 evening (or 31 morning). most flights are above $300+. i found flights that would cost 37,500 miles RT. is it worth it?

another idea would be to fly spirit. i found spirit flights for $130.  which is more kedai? to save $170 or to get the miles (i'm silver of *A so about ~5k miles)

any other ideas for cheap *A flights to mia? (i'd prob be willing to fly to fll but the prce difference wasn't significant enough to drive up)

any innput or feedback is much appreciated. thanks and chag samaech

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: maximizing miles
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »
take the spirit flight

Offline Bh101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »
if your running a marathon arent they going to cover the flight (chai lifeline) and +1 on spirit

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 11:32:54 PM »
Spirit is better value of these two options, although do keep in mind that if you are wearing two pairs of socks they'll charge you for that too.

Offline Bh101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 11:36:34 PM »
Spirit is better value of these two options, although do keep in mind that if you are wearing two pairs of socks they'll charge you for that too.
i agree that they will be uncomfortable and will want to charge you whatever they can, but that doesnt change the fact that spirit is a much better deal......although i think you should check out if the place your running for covers you cause that would be the cheapest!

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 12:19:41 AM »
hey all,

i'm new to all this miles maximization.  what kind of valuation is worthy of redeeming miles. i'm running a marathon in miami and am looking for *A flights for the weekend of 1/27 evening (or28 morning)-1/30 evening (or 31 morning). most flights are above $300+. i found flights that would cost 37,500 miles RT. is it worth it?

another idea would be to fly spirit. i found spirit flights for $130.  which is more kedai? to save $170 or to get the miles (i'm silver of *A so about ~5k miles)

any other ideas for cheap *A flights to mia? (i'd prob be willing to fly to fll but the prce difference wasn't significant enough to drive up)

Are the Spirit flights of $130 all inclusive including taxes and baggage?
How many passengers?

Offline E

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 01:34:00 AM »
hey all,

I found the exact flight chai lifeline is flying for $189 last week where are you seeing over $300

Offline bentch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 09:07:43 AM »
I found the exact flight chai lifeline is flying for $189 last week where are you seeing over $300

i'm not running with chai lifeline. I didn't raise the $3,600 that u need for them to cover you.  Can I still book through them?

I've been looking on kayak, orbitz, student universe. where did u find that $189 deal on *A?
Are the Spirit flights of $130 all inclusive including taxes and baggage?
How many passengers?

just myself and I would probably just ship some stuff to the hotel ahead of my flight
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:11:01 AM by bentch »

Offline E

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 03:01:49 PM »
I see a ton of flights into fll for $199 continental incl. and a whole bunch into mia for $207 on american

Offline bentch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »
I see a ton of flights into fll for $199 continental incl. and a whole bunch into mia for $207 on american
[/quote

can u tell me what site? and remember I would prefer *A. if not *a i would just fly spirit, comes to like $130.