Author Topic: starwood contact info  (Read 1932 times)

Offline bades

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
starwood contact info
« on: August 13, 2008, 03:26:06 PM »
I am staying at a westin and a sheraton In hawaii for a honeymoon.. and i would like to get a room upgrade.. Do you know of an email address for an executive at a starwood hotel that would be able to upgrade me??

levi

Re: starwood contact info
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 04:44:13 PM »
Try calling the hotel direct and just ask to speak with a manager.
Do you have any status with SPG?

Offline e-Lawyer

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 04:34:08 PM »
I am staying at a westin and a sheraton In hawaii for a honeymoon.. and i would like to get a room upgrade.. Do you know of an email address for an executive at a starwood hotel that would be able to upgrade me??

Email addresses wouldn't work as most if not all starwoods are individually owned and operated and just co-operate with starpoints as a joint program, for belonging to the w, westin sheraton..... brands, however gold status will almost always get you an upgrade if there is any sort of availablity which there almost always is during the week.
For Example if you stay in the westin maui, if you arrive during the week than you will be able to get an upgrade usually, like from ocean view to ocean tower deluxe ( larger room)  but if you arrive when the hotel is at full capacity then they wont do much unless you are platinum which in that case, you would get a suite upgrade which is almost always available,
How do you get a group of lawyers to smile for a picture?

A: Just say "Fees!"

Offline e-Lawyer

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 04:37:36 PM »

Levi,
they don't upgrade until you get to the actual hotel, its based on availability, i usually only rely on a optional upgrade like if i want ocean view ill book a partial ocean and hope for full, or if i want the deluxe but i can settle for full ocean ill book full ocean, but "bades", i wouldn't book a mountain view room and hope to get an ocean view especially not on your honeymoon, if you can afford the points that is.
How do you get a group of lawyers to smile for a picture?

A: Just say "Fees!"

levi

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 07:17:01 PM »

Levi,
they don't upgrade until you get to the actual hotel, its based on availability, i usually only rely on a optional upgrade like if i want ocean view ill book a partial ocean and hope for full, or if i want the deluxe but i can settle for full ocean ill book full ocean, but "bades", i wouldn't book a mountain view room and hope to get an ocean view especially not on your honeymoon, if you can afford the points that is.
I'm a SPG Platinum member and I stay at approx 30-40 Starwood Hotels a year and 9 out of 10 times when I call in advance I recieve an upgrade to a suite anywhere from a month to a day in advance