Author Topic: flying blue  (Read 9127 times)

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: flying blue
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2024, 08:59:09 AM »
I transferred 70K points to Flying Blue today and tried making a points booking with AF. I got all the way to checkout when it threw an error and said I needed to call to complete the booking. An agent was able to confirm availability and put my booking on hold but he said he could not complete it because my account is in a "suspected fraud hold" state. He gave me an email address to contact the fraud department to have them release the fraud hold but he said it could take 7 days for them to reply. Meanwhile, my booking hold is only good for 4 days. He said there is no phone number to reach the fraud department, only this email address. Has anyone had success getting a response from the fraud department and can share how long it took? Any other ways around this?

i actually just had this week another family member whos account was audited [and ticket cancelled etc]. emailed them id etc and was reopened within a day..

Online JudahMcB

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2024, 03:25:51 PM »
I transferred 70K points to Flying Blue today and tried making a points booking with AF. I got all the way to checkout when it threw an error and said I needed to call to complete the booking. An agent was able to confirm availability and put my booking on hold but he said he could not complete it because my account is in a "suspected fraud hold" state. He gave me an email address to contact the fraud department to have them release the fraud hold but he said it could take 7 days for them to reply. Meanwhile, my booking hold is only good for 4 days. He said there is no phone number to reach the fraud department, only this email address. Has anyone had success getting a response from the fraud department and can share how long it took? Any other ways around this?

So it's been 4 weeks and still radio silence from Flying Blue. Can't login to my account and they are holding my 70K miles hostage. Air France can't help and can't escalate and says the only thing I can do is wait for an answer. I tried emailing various FB boards members and random departments but no answer. Couldn't find an email for the office of the CEO as suggested by @SHL. Before I go the nuclear option and open a case with the DOT and European Commission, is there anything else I can do?

I can't believe that FB has been doing this to customers for 10 years and there has never been an investigation into their unfair practices.  Time for a DDMS post?

Offline SHL

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2024, 06:05:33 PM »
So it's been 4 weeks and still radio silence from Flying Blue. Can't login to my account and they are holding my 70K miles hostage. Air France can't help and can't escalate and says the only thing I can do is wait for an answer. I tried emailing various FB boards members and random departments but no answer. Couldn't find an email for the office of the CEO as suggested by @SHL. Before I go the nuclear option and open a case with the DOT and European Commission, is there anything else I can do?

I can't believe that FB has been doing this to customers for 10 years and there has never been an investigation into their unfair practices.  Time for a DDMS post?

Here are your email addresses from a quick Google search
alexandre.Boissy@airfrance.fr
anne.rigail@airfranceklm.fr
Take no guarantees they are still valid

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2024, 07:12:57 PM »

https://viewfromthewing.com/update-frequent-flyer-programs-fraud-unit-gone-off-rails-closing-legitimate-accounts/

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2024, 07:16:52 PM »
You can try to reach out to this person..
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/ben-lipsey.html

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2024, 07:49:00 PM »
You can try to reach out to this person..
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/ben-lipsey.html
Never knew he was active and he is actually very active there. Good to have a mileage program director involved in the community.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2024, 08:09:39 PM »
Just noticed they messed around with economy pricing on Delta to Europe. Was around 27k OW, now it's 54k. Didn't notice that on partner flights before.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2024, 09:29:33 PM »
Never knew he was active and he is actually very active there. Good to have a mileage program director involved in the community.
Reminds of CO Insider back in the good old days.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Triple Canopy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2024, 11:48:25 PM »
I have 75k FB points expiring at the end of the month.

I'm 99.9% sure these points came in from Citi or Chase transfers. I transferred in 1000 points from both Amex and Chase and they are not extending.

I called FB and they cannot help me, have "no idea" where the points came from. Any ideas?

Offline SHL

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2024, 03:56:44 AM »
I have 75k FB points expiring at the end of the month.

I'm 99.9% sure these points came in from Citi or Chase transfers. I transferred in 1000 points from both Amex and Chase and they are not extending.

I called FB and they cannot help me, have "no idea" where the points came from. Any ideas?
Credit cheap delta flight etc?

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2024, 09:55:26 PM »

Can anyone test book these virgin flights for me?

Virgin doesnt show availability and AF says its phantom but theyre showing up on multiple dates.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Online baron

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2024, 10:32:30 PM »
You can call virgin for availability to verify. Many times available but doesn’t show online.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2024, 10:33:32 PM »
Virgin says its phantom
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Online baron

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2024, 10:43:37 PM »
Virgin says its phantom
On the phone? If they don’t have availability over the phone, it’s gotta be phantom.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2024, 10:45:41 PM »
On the phone? If they don’t have availability over the phone, it’s gotta be phantom.
Thats why I'm asking someone to try and book and cancel.

Online baron

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2024, 10:51:01 PM »
Thats why I'm asking someone to try and book and cancel.
Obviously, got that
On the phone? If they don’t have availability over the phone, it is phantom.
FTFM

Not stopping the try, just saying it’s been tested and proven many times