Author Topic: What Award Itinerary Did You Just Book/Hold?  (Read 899528 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: What Award Itinerary Did You Just Book/Hold?
« Reply #1680 on: January 05, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »
It's just not worth shlepping to USM for one night at the Conrad. Even from BKK.

And, there's no practical way to accomplish what you're suggesting in SIN in 2 days.
A. I said 2 nights in USM and there are nonstop CNX-USM flights.
B. I did that and more in 2 nights in SIN. And those 2 nights were a Friday and Sat night! Not hard at all.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1681 on: January 05, 2016, 08:12:31 PM »
If I terminated my EY travel I won't because I'm continuing to LAX or because jfk-lax will open?

Former.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 05, 2016, 08:20:14 PM »
EY J booked through AA still gets Chauffeur, right? Prob downgrading my 787F to J so we can be guaranteed to sit in the same cabin.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1684 on: January 05, 2016, 09:01:50 PM »
EY J booked through AA still gets Chauffeur, right? Prob downgrading my 787F to J so we can be guaranteed to sit in the same cabin.

Yes, just less distance.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 05, 2016, 09:04:24 PM »
Yes, just less distance.

Shouldn't be a problem for me. Landing in JFK and transiting to NJ is where I really care about it, and I'll be landing in F.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 05, 2016, 10:05:33 PM »

Shouldn't be a problem for me. Landing in JFK and transiting to NJ is where I really care about it, and I'll be landing in F.

Not sure I follow. Thought you said you were downgrading to J? What's the itin?

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: January 05, 2016, 10:31:46 PM »
Not sure I follow. Thought you said you were downgrading to J? What's the itin?

SIN-AUH will be downgraded to J. AUH-JFK in F.

Here's the million dollar question. I know typically only F passengers can be in F cabin, even in the apartment, and even if they are family. I was only was able to get 2 F seats on the apartment, but son will be 2 years old and in a car seat. F ticket will have to be in his name, but I can carry it around. Will they let me in the cabin for the majority of the flight (I don't mind if I can't during takeoff/landing)?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 05, 2016, 10:39:27 PM »
SIN-AUH will be downgraded to J. AUH-JFK in F.

Here's the million dollar question. I know typically only F passengers can be in F cabin, even in the apartment, and even if they are family. I was only was able to get 2 F seats on the apartment, but son will be 2 years old and in a car seat. F ticket will have to be in his name, but I can carry it around. Will they let me in the cabin for the majority of the flight (I don't mind if I can't during takeoff/landing)?

If you're transiting in AUH (i.e. less than 24 hours), you're not going to get chauffeur.

With regard to your kid, I'd say there is a very good chance another F seat will open provided the cabin isn't sold out, making your question moot.

That said, if I were in your shoes, I'd personally assume that I'd have no issue spending the majority of the flight in F. I just can't see them putting up a fight if your wife and kid are up there.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 05, 2016, 10:43:08 PM »
If you're transiting in AUH (i.e. less than 24 hours), you're not going to get chauffeur.

With regard to your kid, I'd say there is a very good chance another F seat will open provided the cabin isn't sold out, making your question moot.

That said, if I were in your shoes, I'd personally assume that I'd have no issue spending the majority of the flight in F. I just can't see them putting up a fight if your wife and kid are up there.

Only 3 hours in AUH. Would love to tour but DW wants to spend as little time as possible there :(. Wouldn't I get the chauffeur in SIN and JFK, though? That's what I care about.

As far as the F availability is concerned, that's the plan, unless AA requires me to upgrade at the new 115k rates.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 05, 2016, 10:43:21 PM »

I feel the same way about the likelihood of them allowing you in F.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 05, 2016, 10:47:06 PM »
Only 3 hours in AUH. Would love to tour but DW wants to spend as little time as possible there :(. Wouldn't I get the chauffeur in SIN and JFK, though? That's what I care about.

As far as the F availability is concerned, that's the plan, unless AA requires me to upgrade at the new 115k rates.

So no car in AUH, but yes in SIN/JFK.  Have your wife call Mrs. AJK, she'll convince her. She managed to convince Mrs. Rots to.

Ah, yes, forgot about the new rates. I assume your trip is post deval? Yeah, then you better work on your charm... or have a really cute kid.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 05, 2016, 10:49:50 PM »
So no car in AUH, but yes in SIN/JFK.  Have your wife call Mrs. AJK, she'll convince her. She managed to convince Mrs. Rots to.

It took me long enough to get permission to connect in AUH, and I think I only got that to shut me up about the topic :).

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 05, 2016, 10:53:55 PM »
It took me long enough to get permission to connect in AUH, and I think I only got that to shut me up about the topic :).
My DW doesn't have a problem, BH, though she doesn't have any interest in touring AUH due to the lack of things to see. That won't stop us on our 16 hour  daytime layover from trying though.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 05, 2016, 10:55:31 PM »
My DW doesn't have a problem, BH, though she doesn't have any interest in touring AUH due to the lack of things to see. That won't stop us on our 16 hour  daytime layover from trying though.

Lack of things to see?

You could easily spend 2/3 days in DXB/AUH and not be bored.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: January 05, 2016, 10:56:32 PM »

Clearly you don't see the writing on the wall. It's obvious to me that you must now incessantly talk about *touring* AUH... then you'll shutup  :D

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 05, 2016, 10:59:20 PM »
Lack of things to see?

You could easily spend 2/3 days in DXB/AUH and not be bored.
Well we'll be in DXB in the outbound, so we'll see it then. DW doesn't want to go to the mosque. What else is of interest in AUH in July with a baby?

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 05, 2016, 11:00:37 PM »
Clearly you don't see the writing on the wall. It's obvious to me that you must now incessantly talk about *touring* AUH... then you'll shutup  :D

I would, but it will be 110-115 degrees when we'll be there (August), and we'll have to lug around a baby in a stroller, so I personally don't think it's worth wasting that technique for this.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 05, 2016, 11:03:17 PM »
I would, but it will be 110-115 degrees when we'll be there (August), and we'll have to lug around a baby in a stroller, so I personally don't think it's worth wasting that technique for this.

You clearly don't want it badly enough.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 05, 2016, 11:03:47 PM »
Well we'll be in DXB in the outbound, so we'll see it then. DW doesn't want to go to the mosque. What else is of interest in AUH in July with a baby?

Huge mistake. Start convincing her now.

This is Mrs. AJK at the Mosque. Was breathtaking. (Both seeing the Mosque and seeing her like that :P)