Author Topic: 50 Pecrcent off hotels today only  (Read 3496 times)

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
50 Pecrcent off hotels today only
« on: December 08, 2010, 06:09:40 PM »
 i saw this on ft
Today Only (Dec 8th) 50% off Hotels w/ AMEX Travel - Promo Code AMXHOTEL50
http://leisure.americanexpress-trave...m-ctn-sm000210

I hadn't seen this posted anywhere on FT yet.

Here are the T&C's:
Terms and Conditions:
The promotional code (the “Promo Code”) for 50% off hotel purchase when you spend $100 or more is valid between 12:01 a.m. Central Time on December 8, 2010 to 11:59 p.m. Central Time until supplies last (the “Promotion Period”).
Your use of the Promo Code on the American Express Consumer Travel Web site (the “Site”) is subject to the American Express User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
The Promo Code is valid only for qualifying purchases made on the Site. A qualifying purchase means a minimum $100 spend which is offered on the Site during the Promotion Period. Travel dates must be between December 8, 2010 and April 30, 2011.
To redeem the Promo Code, you simply type in (AMXHOTEL50) into the Promotional Code field on the “Checkout Review” Page of the Site, and 50% off the cost of the hotel when you spend $100 or more will be automatically deducted from the final price of your qualifying Hotel.
You may only redeem the Promo Code once and only during the Promotion Period.
You may not redeem or exchange the Promo Code for cash. You may not use or combine the Promo Code with any other promotional codes. If lost or stolen, the Promo Code will not be replaced.
This Promo Code is not valid for Last Minute Packages.
American express makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to promotional codes, including without limitation, any express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In the event a promo code is not functional, your sole remedy, and the sole liability of American Express shall be the replacement of the non-functioning promo code.
American Express reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion.
hopscotch1 is online now      Reply With Quote

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: 50 Pecrcent off hotels today only
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 06:38:15 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve L

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 06:44:07 PM »
it doesnt work when you try looking for a hotel

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /flights/InitialSearch.do on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 09:06:09 PM »
Boy do I feel stupid.

I booked 2 hotels (Quality Inn Macquarie Manor Hobart, Tasmania for $94 and The Garden View Hong Kong for $44) but I really blew it by not booking more...if only I were more prepared!

I saw the Hayman Island resort, marked down from $800 to $570 to $285 per night.  I was going to book that for 3 nights but then I read some mediocre tripadvisor reviews and it costs $300 per person for the boat transfer to get there.  Then I couldn't decide on Hamilton Island between the expensive Qualia (marked down to $400) or the cheap Palm Bungalow (marked down to $160)...and wound up not booking either.  I currently just have a private apartment on Hamilton Island for $300/night which is the most expensive room paid in cash on our entire trip.

Then I saw 1 of the nights I needed at the Le Meridian Khao Lak in a pool villa marked down from $600 to $400 to $200 but it was just 1 night and I'm still not sure if I'll be there on the weekday and Chiang Mai for shabbos or vice versa so I didn't book.

The I saw 3 nights at the W HKG for $130/night.  I had it priced out for 2 nights before I calculated that I should just do all 3 nights at that rate instead of keeping the 1 cash and points night I have there.  But when I went back to book all 3 nights the coupon had died.

And boy do I feel stupid!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:09:12 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Shimon

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 06:41:28 AM »
Why didn't I see this thread earlier?

Offline batzelda1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile