Author Topic: What to do after mail in rebate denial  (Read 1826 times)

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
What to do after mail in rebate denial
« on: August 24, 2014, 02:28:12 AM »
A $200 rebate of mine with sd was denied due to missing original UPC. I sent the original UPC with my original rebate submission, but they claim to have never gotten it. I then submitted a copy of the UPC along with the rebate documents and a letter explaining that the original was sent several weeks ago but was denied due to missing original UPC. Any suggestions of how I can get my money? I sent a follow up email to sd (rebate processor) as well as an email to TigerDirect (retailer) and Sony (manufacturer). Has anyone else had this issue before?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:37:36 AM by jj1000 »

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: What to do after mail in rebate denial
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:31:15 AM »
A $200 rebate of mine with sd was denied due to missing original UPC. I sent the original UPC with my original rebate submission, but they claim to have never gotten it. I then submitted a copy of the UPC along with the rebate documents and a letter explaining that the original was sent several weeks ago but was denied due to missing original UPC. Any suggestions of how I can get my money? I sent a follow up email to sd (rebate processor) as well as an email to TigerDirect (retailer) and Sony (manufacturer). Has anyone else had this issue before?
I had a similar issue where they kept saying they never received the receipt. After sending it in 3 times and they still said they never received it, I was fed up and told them that if I don't get my rebate I will dispute the charge. The CSR said hold on and 2 minutes late he came back and said my rebate was approved... Give it a try. Threaten to dispute the charge, might work for you too
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:37:57 AM by jj1000 »

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 02:34:29 AM »
I had a similar issue where they kept saying they never received the receipt. After sending it in 3 times and they still said they never received it, I was fed up and told them that if I don't get my rebate I will dispute the charge. The CSR said hold on and 2 minutes late he came back and said my rebate was approved... Give it a try. Threaten to dispute the charge, might work for you too

Was thinking about that but I bought from TD, not SD. It's not their fault at all.

Offline D93

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 02:38:40 AM »
Was thinking about that but I bought from TD, not SD. It's not their fault at all.
and the rebate is from TD as well. No? So just call TD and threaten to dispute. It works wonders

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 03:47:54 AM »
I sent a follow up email to sd (rebate processor) as well as an email to TigerDirect (retailer) and Sony (manufacturer).
Any response from them?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:37:20 AM by jj1000 »

Offline David R

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 04:16:34 AM »
Doesn't TigerDirect use 4myrebate.com as their rebate processor? I've filed dozens this year and always got prompt processing even without selecting the expedited option that costs extra.

Offline Yellow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 07:46:07 PM »
Doesn't TigerDirect use 4myrebate.com as their rebate processor? I've filed dozens this year and always got prompt processing even without selecting the expedited option that costs extra.
Just curious, how prompt?
I didnt choose the expedited and im wondering ifnit will really take tje full 8 weeks

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 08:23:23 PM »
People are not aware that the confirmation email is not the invoice, you can obtain an invoice through their site when you go to order status, usually TD gives you a second chance if there is stuff missing, I always stick the UPC with a piece of tape to the rebate form so it stays together

Offline jack12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 08:48:03 PM »
People are not aware that the confirmation email is not the invoice, you can obtain an invoice through their site when you go to order status, usually TD gives you a second chance if there is stuff missing, I always stick the UPC with a piece of tape to the rebate form so it stays together

I am pretty sure that the confirmation email has worked for me... YMMV

Offline D93

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 08:54:31 PM »
it just worked for canon $400 MIR for me, but its YMMV and safer to send in the invoice

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 09:01:34 PM »
Could be with other companies, but with TD I was declined for sending the confirmation email saying I didn't provide an invoice, for example Newegg send you a separate email as an invoice, some companies consider an order shipped email as an invoice each company had their own requirements, that's why it's very important with rebates to read every single word on the bottom