Topic Wiki

Purchases That Work For Amex Platinum Travel Credit

The Business Platinum Card® (OUTDATED INFO)
Welcome Offer1
As a special offer you can get Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card® from American Express within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Your application must be approved by January 25, 2017 to be eligible for this offer.

A Premium Business Card2
There are more than 40 Business Platinum Card® benefits, including world-class platinum service, travel benefits, rewards that can help reduce expenses and access to one-of-a-kind events.

Best Retention Offers
-Consumer Card: 50k No Spend Required, Called 7 Days before Due Date of Annual Fee
-Business Card:   

To sign up:

Consumer: http://www.dansdeals.com/go/Platinum5/
Business: http://www.dansdeals.com/go/BusinessPlat5/

« Last edited by yuneeq on January 11, 2022, 08:35:34 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Platinum Master Thread  (Read 1717038 times)

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Platinum Master Thread
« Reply #8940 on: March 21, 2018, 10:08:54 PM »
My AF on the biz plat just posted and i want to cancel without losing my points. Do I have any options of converting to another product that will allow me to transfer my points to miles? Being a charge card it seems I don't have many options.

I have the Amex everyday blue cash but they aren't allowing me to convert that to the points version because  they said you can't transfer from a cash back to MR. HUCA ? Any other ideas?

Thank you

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #8941 on: March 21, 2018, 10:10:53 PM »
My AF on the biz plat just posted and i want to cancel without losing my points. Do I have any options of converting to another product that will allow me to transfer my points to miles? Being a charge card it seems I don't have many options.

I have the Amex everyday blue cash but they aren't allowing me to convert that to the points version because  they said you can't transfer from a cash back to MR. HUCA ? Any other ideas?

Thank you
IMO if you have a good use for the BB+, app one now and close the BP
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: March 21, 2018, 10:15:33 PM »
That's a good idea. Prob worth it. How long would it take to take effect? My please pay by date on the Plat is 3/23 which makes the timing tight. Would it be active that quick that it would hold my points? I would presume that I'd get approved instantly.

How long after the AF posts can I get the fee refunded?

Offline chayal101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: March 22, 2018, 12:35:01 PM »
After 14 days, amex rep manually refunded Airline credit for AA GC.
Once credit posted, I called again to downgrade to green. First asked for retention bonus, denied since she saw I just applied for new BP.  Rep knew too much abt my account history. When I asked her abt the benefits of green card, she's like 'I see you have had that card in the past..' She said she's doing this for 27 yrs...We had a pleasant conversation, yet I'm still nervous she's gonna flag my account or something...
Chaya L.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: March 22, 2018, 01:13:32 PM »
After 14 days, amex rep manually refunded Airline credit for AA GC.
Once credit posted, I called again to downgrade to green. First asked for retention bonus, denied since she saw I just applied for new BP.  Rep knew too much abt my account history. When I asked her abt the benefits of green card, she's like 'I see you have had that card in the past..' She said she's doing this for 27 yrs...We had a pleasant conversation, yet I'm still nervous she's gonna flag my account or something...
Wow. Wish we would have such reps when you need them, not when we need the dumb ones.

Offline SamCan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: March 23, 2018, 12:08:49 AM »
Officially the Uber credit is for US rides only. Does this mean that the account has to be a US based account, or that the ride has to take place in the US? Regardless is this enforced or it can be any rides?

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: March 24, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »
Officially the Uber credit is for US rides only. Does this mean that the account has to be a US based account, or that the ride has to take place in the US? Regardless is this enforced or it can be any rides?

it won't work out of the country. Same as an uber gift card that is us based.

Offline Miracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: March 25, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »
IMO if you have a good use for the BB+, app one now and close the BP
Whats BB+?

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: March 25, 2018, 04:39:19 PM »
Whats BB+?
Blue business plus card from amex
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Miracle

• View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: March 25, 2018, 05:31:39 PM »
Blue business plus card from amex
I don't see any bonus sign up. Is there one?

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: March 25, 2018, 05:34:20 PM »
I don't believe at the moment there is but there recently was 15k/20k targeted and previously not targeted as well.

Offline Miracle

• View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: March 25, 2018, 05:34:55 PM »
I don't believe at the moment there is but there recently was 15k/20k targeted and previously not targeted as well.
thanks

Online LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: March 25, 2018, 11:51:57 PM »
There is a bonus through referral links, i'll gladly send you mine if @Dan doesn't have one.

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: March 25, 2018, 11:55:33 PM »
When will AF credit post after downgrading to a green?
Chaya L.

Offline JACKBLUE

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: March 26, 2018, 07:25:09 AM »
When will AF credit post after downgrading to a green?
should post on next statement

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #8955 on: March 26, 2018, 09:51:30 AM »
should post on next statement
Thanks.
Chaya L.

Offline EMCC

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
« Reply #8956 on: March 29, 2018, 11:09:37 PM »
Is the rule of no two bonuses also for pre qualified offers?
"Disclaimer: I don't believe everything I write."  - ChaimMoskowitz

Offline EMCC

• View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: March 29, 2018, 11:26:53 PM »
100,000 Points

To be eligible to earn the 100,000 Membership Rewards points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards Program at the time of the eligible purchases. 100,000 Membership Rewards points will be credited to your account after you charge a total of $5,000 (the "Threshold Amount") or more of purchases on your Platinum Card® from American Express within the first 3 months of Platinum Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card account. Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. The following eligible purchases do NOT count towards the Threshold Amount: fees or interest charges; purchases of travelers checks; purchases or reloading of prepaid cards; purchases of gift cards; person-to-person payments; or purchases of other cash equivalents. Points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account within 8-12 weeks after you meet the Threshold Amount. If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome bonus offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome bonus offer (s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit Membership Rewards® points to, we may freeze Membership Rewards® points credited to, or we may take away Membership Rewards® points from your account. We may also cancel this Card account and other Card accounts you may have with us.

Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. Your Card account must not be canceled or past due at the time of fulfillment of any offers.

You can earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Platinum Card® from American Express within the first 3 months of Platinum Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. In rare instances, your period to spend $5,000 may be shorter than 3 months if there is a delay in receiving your Card. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 3 month period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped). Points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account within 8-12 weeks after you meet the Threshold Amount.

American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time.

Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.

The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo

The annual fee for the Platinum Card is $550. The annual fee for Additional Cards is $175 for up to 3 Additional Cards. The annual fee for the 4th or more Additional Cards is $175 for each Card.

There is no additional fee for Gold Cards.

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: March 30, 2018, 12:09:00 AM »
100,000 Points

To be eligible to earn the 100,000 Membership Rewards points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards Program at the time of the eligible purchases. 100,000 Membership Rewards points will be credited to your account after you charge a total of $5,000 (the "Threshold Amount") or more of purchases on your Platinum Card from American Express within the first 3 months of Platinum Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card account. Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. The following eligible purchases do NOT count towards the Threshold Amount: fees or interest charges; purchases of travelers checks; purchases or reloading of prepaid cards; purchases of gift cards; person-to-person payments; or purchases of other cash equivalents. Points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account within 8-12 weeks after you meet the Threshold Amount. If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome bonus offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome bonus offer (s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit Membership Rewards points to, we may freeze Membership Rewards points credited to, or we may take away Membership Rewards points from your account. We may also cancel this Card account and other Card accounts you may have with us.

Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. Your Card account must not be canceled or past due at the time of fulfillment of any offers.

You can earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Platinum Card from American Express within the first 3 months of Platinum Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. In rare instances, your period to spend $5,000 may be shorter than 3 months if there is a delay in receiving your Card. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 3 month period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped). Points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account within 8-12 weeks after you meet the Threshold Amount.

American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time.

Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.

The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo

The annual fee for the Platinum Card is $550. The annual fee for Additional Cards is $175 for up to 3 Additional Cards. The annual fee for the 4th or more Additional Cards is $175 for each Card.

There is no additional fee for Gold Cards.
It's a No Language offer. Go for it!! Any way for you to generate a link and share?
Chaya L.

Offline EMCC

• View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: March 30, 2018, 12:20:17 AM »
That means I will get the points automatically, or I need to fight?

I Want to cry, I applied, got accepted, and cancelled.