Topic Wiki

Purchases That Work For Amex Platinum Travel Credit

The Business Platinum Card® (OUTDATED INFO)
Welcome Offer1
As a special offer you can get Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card® from American Express within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Your application must be approved by January 25, 2017 to be eligible for this offer.

A Premium Business Card2
There are more than 40 Business Platinum Card® benefits, including world-class platinum service, travel benefits, rewards that can help reduce expenses and access to one-of-a-kind events.

Best Retention Offers
-Consumer Card: 50k No Spend Required, Called 7 Days before Due Date of Annual Fee
-Business Card:   

To sign up:

Consumer: http://www.dansdeals.com/go/Platinum5/
Business: http://www.dansdeals.com/go/BusinessPlat5/

« Last edited by yuneeq on January 11, 2022, 08:35:34 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Platinum Master Thread  (Read 1717384 times)

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Platinum Master Thread
« Reply #9500 on: March 08, 2019, 02:23:00 AM »
What did VIP get you, anyway? I know I have gold somehow, is that related? Or do they give gold like Hertz and Shell give gold?
Using them a lot lately. I don't feel/see any difference between VIP and regular.
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Online yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #9501 on: March 08, 2019, 03:07:41 AM »
What did VIP get you, anyway? I know I have gold somehow, is that related? Or do they give gold like Hertz and Shell give gold?
Introducing Uber Rewards

Uber Rewards is a first-of-its kind program that lets our customers earn every time they use Uber or Uber Eats for business or pleasure, unlocking special benefits along the way. (We also plan to add our new mobility offerings like bikes and scooters into Uber Rewards soon.) 

There are four membership levels: Blue, Gold, Platinum and Diamond, and anyone can sign up to join at no additional cost.

Once you’re in the program, you’ll start earning one point for every eligible dollar spent on UberPool and Uber Eats orders; two points for UberX, UberXL, Select, and WAV; and three points for Black and Black SUV. Once you earn 500 points, you’ll advance from Blue to Gold. At 2,500 points you’ll advance to Platinum. And at 7,500 points, you’ll advance to Diamond. Earnings periods are 6 months long, and are tied to the date you signed up to join the program. When you unlock a tier, you have that tier for the remaining earnings period, and next 6 months.

The Benefits

Our customers have told us they want to see a return on their everyday spend, and care about price consistency, being on time, and the quality of their experience. So we kept this feedback top of mind as we designed the benefits.

Once you opt into the program, you’ll get $5 added to your Uber Cash balance for every 500 points earned, regardless of your membership level. Your Uber Cash balance can be spent on both rides and Uber Eats.

Once you’ve reached Gold membership, you’ll get flexible cancellations: for those moments when you thought you were ready to go but actually needed more time, you can cancel and rebook an eligible Uber trip within 15 minutes and have the cancellation fee refunded. Gold members also receive priority support that gets them faster response times from experienced support agents across Uber and Uber Eats.

As a Platinum member, you get all the benefits that Gold members have, plus two more. You’ll get price protection on a route, letting you lock in lower prices between your two favorite places on UberX, even during traffic or busy times of day to help you better plan. Platinum members also get priority pickups to reduce wait times at most airports, so you can get on your way more quickly.

The highest membership level is Diamond, where you’ll get Gold and Platinum membership benefits in addition to premium support, with dedicated phone support with fast 24/7 response times from our most experienced customer support agents. You’ll also get complimentary surprise upgrades from UberX to premium products like Uber Black at no extra cost, and a special “UberX Diamond” option you’ll see in your app that gives you access to highly-rated drivers. Finally, Diamond members receive no delivery fee on three Uber Eats orders every six months.

Offline yitzyul

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: March 08, 2019, 11:12:09 AM »
Made airline purchase on 1/2. Cancelled card on 1/3. They refusing to give me airline credit because they claim that the card needs to be active when the airline credit would've posted which can be 2-4 weeks later????
I guess this is the end of using the credit 2x with one AF. IF they wait 4 weeks that means you can cancel in Jan.

Online Geshmak25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: March 08, 2019, 11:58:55 AM »
Made airline purchase on 1/2. Cancelled card on 1/3. They refusing to give me airline credit because they claim that the card needs to be active when the airline credit would've posted which can be 2-4 weeks later????
I guess this is the end of using the credit 2x with one AF. IF they wait 4 weeks that means you can cancel in Jan.
It usually only takes a few days for the credit to post. You should've waited for the credit to post before cancelling.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline yitzyul

• View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: March 08, 2019, 12:06:57 PM »
It usually only takes a few days for the credit to post. You should've waited for the credit to post before cancelling.
Couldnt. AF was on the 3rd

Offline chinagel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: March 08, 2019, 12:53:31 PM »
Couldnt. AF was on the 3rd
you have another 30 days to cancel

Offline yitzyul

• View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: March 08, 2019, 01:03:53 PM »
you have another 30 days to cancel
Sorry I meant the 30 day was 1/3

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: March 08, 2019, 01:18:19 PM »
Unfortunate, but shoulda done it earlier. Tis life.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 01:42:01 PM by as2 »
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Online Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: March 08, 2019, 01:37:10 PM »
So you were trying for the triple dip - end of Dec 2017, 2018, and Jan 2019? That's very different than this:
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline yitzyul

• View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: March 08, 2019, 01:39:49 PM »
So you were trying for the triple dip - end of Dec 2017, 2018, and Jan 2019? That's very different than this:
I actually had the card for numerous years so I don't remember if I took the first year.

Online Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #9510 on: March 08, 2019, 01:46:34 PM »
I actually had the card for numerous years so I don't remember if I took the first year.
OK. Well 2x is not dead. Just dead in your specific situation, which if replicated by someone else could have been a triple dip.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline db23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: hilton diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle
« Reply #9511 on: March 08, 2019, 01:47:01 PM »
What I understand Amex VIP at Uber has nothing to do with Uber rewards.

uber has rewards program now so i was wanted to confirm if VIP got transitioned into gold level with the new program?

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #9512 on: March 08, 2019, 05:35:07 PM »
uber has rewards program now so i was wanted to confirm if VIP got transitioned into gold level with the new program?
Nope. It has nothing to do with the rewards program. Uber VIP gets you 5 star drivers..

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: March 11, 2019, 09:50:49 AM »
Nope. It has nothing to do with the rewards program. Uber VIP gets you 5 star drivers..

i understand this. but uber just recently did away with vip and instituted a rewards program with levels ranging from blue - diamond. i have amex plat and had vip and now have gold. only i barley take uber, so i was curious if everyone who had previously had vip now has gold through the amex plat perk.

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: March 11, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »
i understand this. but uber just recently did away with vip and instituted a rewards program with levels ranging from blue - diamond. i have amex plat and had vip and now have gold. only i barley take uber, so i was curious if everyone who had previously had vip now has gold through the amex plat perk.

ok my bad, like i said i dont usually take uber and i do see now that VIP still exists. but my original question still remains, does amex plat perk for uber automatically gives you gold status?

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #9515 on: March 12, 2019, 12:42:12 AM »
ok my bad, like i said i dont usually take uber and i do see now that VIP still exists. but my original question still remains, does amex plat perk for uber automatically gives you gold status?
Looks like it as I didn’t earn it any other way
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #9516 on: March 12, 2019, 08:11:05 AM »
IME No.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: March 12, 2019, 08:13:31 AM »
Looks like it as I didn’t earn it any other way
Do you have gold? POIDH

Offline elimmm

• View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: March 14, 2019, 05:30:42 PM »
How long for Dell $100 to post?
Will they claw back if card is downgraded?

Offline ralf

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: March 17, 2019, 12:40:21 PM »
just to confirm. does the card have to be open to get the dell credit?, and/or can i downgrade after purchase and still get it? i was charged the AF on 2/21 and have no retention offers