Topic Wiki

Purchases That Work For Amex Platinum Travel Credit

The Business Platinum CardŽ (OUTDATED INFO)
Welcome Offer1
As a special offer you can get Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum CardŽ from American Express within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Your application must be approved by January 25, 2017 to be eligible for this offer.

A Premium Business Card2
There are more than 40 Business Platinum CardŽ benefits, including world-class platinum service, travel benefits, rewards that can help reduce expenses and access to one-of-a-kind events.

Best Retention Offers
-Consumer Card: 50k No Spend Required, Called 7 Days before Due Date of Annual Fee
-Business Card:   

To sign up:

Consumer: http://www.dansdeals.com/go/Platinum5/
Business: http://www.dansdeals.com/go/BusinessPlat5/

« Last edited by yuneeq on January 11, 2022, 08:35:34 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Platinum Master Thread  (Read 1739881 times)

Offline mr. perfect

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Platinum
« Reply #3320 on: July 24, 2014, 11:02:57 PM »
Dif people works.... dif bus dunno I heard that with the bgr it works, cant confirm
Yes it works ......
be smart and don't mess things up please

Offline mr. perfect

• View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: July 24, 2014, 11:03:18 PM »
Any one have a 75 k brg offer ? I can give you a 150,000 plat offer

Offline zw

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: July 25, 2014, 05:41:12 AM »
Yes it works ......
For what bgr or plat??

Offline joey123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: Modern Mashgiach at Chovevei (YCT) #ResidentMashgiach
  • Programs: Daven for the Chayalim #IStandWithIsrael
« Reply #3323 on: July 25, 2014, 06:57:43 AM »

Any one have a 75 k brg offer ? I can give you a 150,000 plat offer
PM sent
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline mr. perfect

• View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: July 25, 2014, 05:27:42 PM »
For what bgr or plat??
Plat ......brg I assume it works too

Offline zw

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: July 26, 2014, 03:19:49 PM »
Plat ......brg I assume it works too
If so I guess you would have to apply for them all in one shot to get the bonuses?? do you have experience with this?

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: July 26, 2014, 10:32:19 PM »
Do they check?

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: July 26, 2014, 10:33:33 PM »

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: July 26, 2014, 11:05:44 PM »
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline jmail

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Plat Questions
« Reply #3330 on: August 07, 2014, 08:29:38 PM »
If I'm a second card on an amex plat account, can I still get national executive aisle?

Offline joey123

• View Profile
  • Location: Modern Mashgiach at Chovevei (YCT) #ResidentMashgiach
  • Programs: Daven for the Chayalim #IStandWithIsrael
« Reply #3331 on: August 07, 2014, 08:32:55 PM »
general q:

Downgraded MP plat to Green. Any more steps to take, besides closing, to take advantage? Upgrade again? Gold?

Tx

Wait for them come with a targeted offer to upgrade....
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline yoshi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: August 08, 2014, 12:20:02 AM »
Looking for peoples suggestions/opinions.

I opened the mercedez Benz card and the regular platinum during the in between period of the t&c.
I had the mercedez Benz previously. (Less than a year) and had never had the platinum regular. I did spend and got the 40k on the platinum. The Mercedez Benz card I was off the 3k mark by a couple of days so they made an inquiry to see if I'll get points. They sent back I wont get the points since I had the Benz previously. I had screen shot of them saying I'm entitled to the 50k. I called and spoke to supervisor. She gave me 2k points as a curtosy but said there is nothing they can do to honor it. Even though I have screenshots of them saying I will get it. She said she knows that even if she goes to her manager. (She was a supervisor) they still won't Honor it,  Especially since they already made an inquiry. She was under the impression that the inquiry was due to the fact that I hadn't received the points even though the inquiry was to grant the points even though I was late on the $3k.

My question is should I huca. Tell them to make another inquiry about my eligibility. Or just drop it. And maybe try and get something in retention bonuses when I want to close?

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: August 10, 2014, 12:17:40 PM »
How long does it take for the GE statement credit to post?

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: August 10, 2014, 09:04:40 PM »
Looking for peoples suggestions/opinions.

I opened the mercedez Benz card and the regular platinum during the in between period of the t&c.
I had the mercedez Benz previously. (Less than a year) and had never had the platinum regular. I did spend and got the 40k on the platinum. The Mercedez Benz card I was off the 3k mark by a couple of days so they made an inquiry to see if I'll get points. They sent back I wont get the points since I had the Benz previously. I had screen shot of them saying I'm entitled to the 50k. I called and spoke to supervisor. She gave me 2k points as a curtosy but said there is nothing they can do to honor it. Even though I have screenshots of them saying I will get it. She said she knows that even if she goes to her manager. (She was a supervisor) they still won't Honor it,  Especially since they already made an inquiry. She was under the impression that the inquiry was due to the fact that I hadn't received the points even though the inquiry was to grant the points even though I was late on the $3k.

My question is should I huca. Tell them to make another inquiry about my eligibility. Or just drop it. And maybe try and get something in retention bonuses when I want to close?

I was in the same situation, they wouldn't budge. 99% chance they won't for you since you already had the MB plat.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: August 10, 2014, 09:27:17 PM »
I was in the same situation, they wouldn't budge. 99% chance they won't for you since you already had the MB plat.

I had success after 5 or 6 HUCAS with a screenshot (for similar situation regarding the SPG). I also got several k courtesy points when they said no :)

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: August 16, 2014, 10:25:47 PM »
Hi, this is a relative n00b question, so apologies and thanks in advance.
My wife was targeted by mail for 100k Platinum, so we just went online, and it was approved immediately.
So, now we wait for card to arrive, spend the required $3,000 ASAP, wait for the points/miles to hit her account, pay our bill and, if it includes the annual fee, go ahead and pay it, and then...what?
Do we cancel the platinum card and request the annual fee refunded, in total or prorated? If so, can she still use the card at Centurion club? And if so, will she be able to apply successfully for this card again in the future? When? 30 days?

And what if the agent says, "we'll give you an additional XX,XXX points not to cancel"? Do we accept that offer if it's 25k?

I read as much of this thread as I could, but lots of the information is old so not sure it's relevant now.
And the wiki wasn't helpful in this matter.
Thanks again.

Offline yitzf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: August 17, 2014, 01:46:05 AM »
Hi, this is a relative n00b question, so apologies and thanks in advance.
My wife was targeted by mail for 100k Platinum, so we just went online, and it was approved immediately.
So, now we wait for card to arrive, spend the required $3,000 ASAP, wait for the points/miles to hit her account, pay our bill and, if it includes the annual fee, go ahead and pay it, and then...what?
Do we cancel the platinum card and request the annual fee refunded, in total or prorated? If so, can she still use the card at Centurion club? And if so, will she be able to apply successfully for this card again in the future? When? 30 days?

And what if the agent says, "we'll give you an additional XX,XXX points not to cancel"? Do we accept that offer if it's 25k?

I read as much of this thread as I could, but lots of the information is old so not sure it's relevant now.
And the wiki wasn't helpful in this matter.
Thanks again.

Don't forget about the $200 airline credit. http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=3802.0
If you close the card within 60 days of the annual fee posting, they will automatically credit your account for the full $450.
If they offer you points not to close, you can always wait until the points posts and close it then. If it's after 60 days you'll get a pro-rated refund.
If it's the personal platinum, officially the bonus is once per lifetime.

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: August 17, 2014, 05:30:49 PM »
Don't forget about the $200 airline credit. http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=3802.0
If you close the card within 60 days of the annual fee posting, they will automatically credit your account for the full $450.
If they offer you points not to close, you can always wait until the points posts and close it then. If it's after 60 days you'll get a pro-rated refund.
If it's the personal platinum, officially the bonus is once per lifetime.
Yitz, very helpful. Thanks much. Yes, I remember the $200 airline credit and have seen the separate thread about that.
And, as far as the risk of losing the bonus points (having them taken back by Amex) after I close the account, it sounds like that is unlikely, especially if the cardholder has another Amex (Blue, in this case). But I can make it a sure thing (i.e., points can't be taken back) if I transfer them out to an airline program before I cancel the card.
Thanks again. ;D

Offline yitzf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: August 17, 2014, 05:39:55 PM »
Yitz, very helpful. Thanks much. Yes, I remember the $200 airline credit and have seen the separate thread about that.
And, as far as the risk of losing the bonus points (having them taken back by Amex) after I close the account, it sounds like that is unlikely, especially if the cardholder has another Amex (Blue, in this case). But I can make it a sure thing (i.e., points can't be taken back) if I transfer them out to an airline program before I cancel the card.
Thanks again. ;D

As long as you have another MR card, the points will remain there. If you look onle it will say that your MR munber is shared by X amount of accounts. I don't think the blue card will help in that regard.