Author Topic: IDENTITY THEFT  (Read 7642 times)

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Re: THEFT IDENTITY
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 01:07:51 AM »
I know that. Just curious - why only your Experian?
In your situation better to freeze all 3.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 01:11:58 AM »
It's mostly to prevent hard pulls, not for ID theft, and EX is the one i care the most about.
Thank you

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 01:12:41 AM »
In your situation better to freeze all 3.

Thank you. I'm going to do just that.

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 01:17:58 AM »
Make sure to save the PIN. Experian's 'email my pin' feature didn't work for me this week btw, so make sure to save it before closing the window.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 01:25:45 AM »
Make sure to save the PIN. Experian's 'email my pin' feature didn't work for me this week btw, so make sure to save it before closing the window.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Online Geshmak25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 09:10:25 PM »
Got an e-mail from Credit Karma alerting me to a new inquiry from Verizon Wireless-NY yesterday.
I did not request nor authorize that inquiry- positive. Should I be concerned about ID theft?? It's only showing on Equifax (no contact # listed), I disputed it there earlier today. Not sure; should I do anything else and/or be overly concerned about ID theft?? TIA
Got a letter in mail from verizon about account in DWs name. Called up verizon fraud and they confirmed account was open and they had her ss, dob, and obviously address. Was opened middle of november and its the only fraudulent pull on her credit file. I guess I need to freeze her account on all 3 agencies.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 12:06:48 AM »
Got a letter in mail from verizon about account in DWs name. Called up verizon fraud and they confirmed account was open and they had her ss, dob, and obviously address. Was opened middle of november and its the only fraudulent pull on her credit file. I guess I need to freeze her account on all 3 agencies.
By me VZW was trying to sell me that maybe someone entered one digit off on their social etc yeah, what's the chance of that happening and it being exactly my social?! They did insist that no account was opened and I never received any alerts of any opened account. You're in good company  ::)

Online myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2018, 12:10:29 AM »
The scale of recent data breaches has been increasing as the year has progressed. Last week, consumers learned of one of the potentially largest breaches of consumer data ever, with up to 500 million people impacted. Personal information such as name, address, gender, date of birth, passport number and in some cases, credit card information, was accessed.

Whether you were impacted by this breach, a previous one, or just want to take proactive steps before the next one, the time to take control of your personal data is now. Your AAA membership includes an identity theft monitoring solution backed by Experian® called ProtectMyID® Essential at no extra charge. ProtectMyID Essential includes Experian credit monitoring, lost wallet protection and U.S.-based fraud resolution support. There are additional levels of protection, so you can select the coverage that's right for you.

Even if you have identity protection elsewhere, ProtectMyID Essential is free for the life of your AAA membership. Get added peace of mind from a company you trust.

Even if you have identity protection elsewhere, ProtectMyID Essential is free for the life of your AAA membership. Get added peace of mind from a company you trust.

Enrolling is easy. Take control of your identity today!

Enroll In ID Theft Protection Now

http://www.aaa.com/experianidtheft/?cid=DM33078&bid=223992395&cmpid=
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2019, 08:52:40 AM »
A relative of mine renewed his green card online and (typically) used one of those services out there on google who renew green cards, thinking it was the goverment website he submitted all his info as requested, social, cc, green card info etc etc. he later realized what he did...

What would be the recommended next step to do?

Offline MoYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2020, 11:12:53 PM »
I would like to apologize for continuing a thread with such a bad name, but its better than starting a new thread.
Does anyone have an experienced recommendation for an identity monitoring program, not just credit monitoring, I am willing to pay for a quality service, I just don't know which one to use. TIA

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2020, 12:02:45 AM »
I would like to apologize for continuing a thread with such a bad name, but its better than starting a new thread.
Does anyone have an experienced recommendation for an identity monitoring program, not just credit monitoring, I am willing to pay for a quality service, I just don't know which one to use. TIA
Lifelock?

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2020, 05:36:45 PM »
+1
Can a mod change the name of this thread?