Author Topic: Stolen from luggage-- What to do  (Read 703 times)

Offline jayny

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Stolen from luggage-- What to do
« on: September 02, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »
My grandmother had around $10,000 ($7500 in Shekel and $1500 in USD) stolen from her luggage on a Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to TLV. She had the money in her carry-on and then there was an announcement due to limited space in the overhead bins- if anyone wants to check in their carry-on they could, which my grandmother did, forgetting she had the cash inside.

I know it isn't smart to travel with $10,000 (or to keep it in a carry-on or to check it in), but she did, and now it is stolen.
My grandmother told Lufthansa about the theft and they said they cant do anything about it.

Does anyone have any ideas how to proceed?

TIA

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen from luggage-- What to do
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 02:41:51 PM »
My grandmother had around $10,000 ($7500 in Shekel and $1500 in USD) stolen from her luggage on a Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to TLV. She had the money in her carry-on and then there was an announcement due to limited space in the overhead bins- if anyone wants to check in their carry-on they could, which my grandmother did, forgetting she had the cash inside.

I know it isn't smart to travel with $10,000 (or to keep it in a carry-on or to check it in), but she did, and now it is stolen.
My grandmother told Lufthansa about the theft and they said they cant do anything about it.

Does anyone have any ideas how to proceed?

TIA
check if her homeowners policy will cover it. I doubt it but it is possible.