Author Topic: Sruly Dov - Traffic Court Representation - Scam??  (Read 46417 times)

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
Re: Sruly Dov - Traffic Court Representation - Scam??
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 08:32:12 AM »
The parking expert dismissed me a $115 (written) bus stop ticket today, was a pleasure to deal with 718.384.5052 parkinge2@gmail.com,
(they take 50% commission if they win, and if the ticket is not dismissed there's no charge.
Seems much fairer than paying a guy upfront, especially if there's no recourse.

Offline Let3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2014, 08:48:23 AM »
Seems much fairer than paying a guy upfront, especially if there's no recourse.
Doesn't do the same 'job'...

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2014, 08:49:47 AM »
Doesn't do the same 'job'...
Jeez, I'm lost.
What's the difference btw the 2 services?

Offline SOS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis First, Hertz Five Star, National Executive
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2014, 09:07:19 AM »
Jeez, I'm lost.
What's the difference btw the 2 services?

Parking tickets is different than moving violations, (different systems, different court etc)
All parking ticket fighters take 50% only if they are successful,
A regular moving violation is usually a regular lawyer (who specializes in traffic tickets) they get paid regardless if they knock down the ticket or not,
Than you have services like sruly dov who get paid a higher fee than a lawyer

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »
why, he deals with pricey tickets?

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2014, 01:51:44 PM »
why, he deals with pricey tickets?
People usually would only hire a guy like sruly dov for an expensive moving violation that happened in a place that doesn't allow plea bargains, like Staten Island. Without a service like this, your either 100% guilty or the ticket will be dismissed - hence the reason why people opt for sruly dov.

Offline Hirshthg

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • Zev Goldstein Esq. New York Traffic Ticket Lawyer
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2014, 03:04:02 PM »
So confused why this guy keeps getting recommended

He probably pays people for referrals, another thing attorneys are not allowed to do for non attorneys.

I have personally spoken with over 10 people over the last year who lost their licenses after being guaranteed by Sruly Dov and his other aliases that their ticket would be dismissed. I have heard many stories from attorneys locally about this guy and other non attorneys ripping drivers off with their promises. Everything from losing the case to simply letting the ticket slip into default conviction. While every traffic attorney may miss a court date once in a while, they will always hold themselves accountable in such a instance.

I would never speak bad about this guy if he was not outright robbing people. Someone should stop him.

The reason why guaranteeing is illegal for attorneys is because if the officer testifies appropriately there is nothing that anyone can do short of paying off the officer or harming the officer which I don't believe you get with your 1k retainer...

"Anyone guaranteeing you an outcome is ripping you off."

If you are tempted to buy a guarantee which is too good to be true remember that it probably is. The difference here is that the seller charges you 3 time the going rate to make it look legit.

Another lie being sold which people want to buy is the 18 month story. Do a little research and figure out why it doesn't work. See http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=1206

Offline Hirshthg

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2014, 03:09:19 PM »
The title of the thread should be who has the juiciest lashon hora on surly dov! Happens to be I used him once and all it took was a phone call and my massive ticket was expunged from my record! This thread should be shut down!!! Come on ppl!
He may do the job right from time to time however that does not excuse guaranteeing or ripping off people he has not helped. If the issue is litoeles then it is mutter. This fellow is literally robbing people blind.

I met with a 23 year old one month ago who is a truck driver and lost his license and his job after being promised that for an outargues fee the ticket would 100% be dismissed. The above mentioned did not return his money or make any restitution for the job which was lost. Tell me that this actual damage does not trump lashon hara.

I would never speak bad about this guy even if he was practicing illegally, if he wasn't robbing the masses.

Offline Hirshthg

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »
People usually would only hire a guy like sruly dov for an expensive moving violation that happened in a place that doesn't allow plea bargains, like Staten Island. Without a service like this, your either 100% guilty or the ticket will be dismissed - hence the reason why people opt for sruly dov.

You both sounds like you know that Sruly Dov does something that an attorney can not, aside from making promises. Do you have first hand knowledge of such?

Offline steeeveknowsbest

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 01:24:57 AM »
Stay away!
The worse case scenario here is far worse than a ticket. This guy is dangerous.
 On top of it all, he seems to have connections which have made him impervious to legal action taken against him in previous cases.

Offline arid

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 12:47:43 AM »
i dont get why this is even a discussion. HE STEALS MONEY FROM JEWS!!!!!!!!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE. everyone knows of someone (personally i can think of 6) that lost money with him(i dont mean losing like he lost the case. i mean simply screwed them). he takes cash only (no trace or contract) and pushes off your court date, changes your address, or completely ignores it.

It blows my mind that local yeshivas let his kids in the schools. how can a shul take his sponsorship of a kiddush when EVERYONE KNOWS he steals???? how can larry gordon and the 5TJT let him advertise?@? i seriously dont get it.

ive heard ppl yell "hey, its lashon hara" . i'd love to see those same pl say that about outting madoff. the only difference is one guy takes  millions and he take $500-1000. why is one worse than the other?

i'm not sure what kinda blackmail he has on local rabanim or on the local cops, but whatever it is, it must be good if he hasn't been locked up by now....

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 02:00:13 AM »
i dont get why this is even a discussion. HE STEALS MONEY FROM JEWS!!!!!!!!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE. everyone knows of someone (personally i can think of 6) that lost money with him(i dont mean losing like he lost the case. i mean simply screwed them). he takes cash only (no trace or contract) and pushes off your court date, changes your address, or completely ignores it.

It blows my mind that local yeshivas let his kids in the schools. how can a shul take his sponsorship of a kiddush when EVERYONE KNOWS he steals???? how can larry gordon and the 5TJT let him advertise?@? i seriously dont get it.

ive heard ppl yell "hey, its lashon hara" . i'd love to see those same pl say that about outting madoff. the only difference is one guy takes  millions and he take $500-1000. why is one worse than the other?

i'm not sure what kinda blackmail he has on local rabanim or on the local cops, but whatever it is, it must be good if he hasn't been locked up by now....

So what's the reason that your 6 personal friends haven't pressed charges? Them not trying to get him locked away or at least punished will cause others to go through the same loss.

Offline arid

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2014, 01:04:45 PM »
So what's the reason that your 6 personal friends haven't pressed charges? Them not trying to get him locked away or at least punished will cause others to go through the same loss.
My neighbor called him and threatened to report him. his answer was "you have no proof! you paid cash!".
my bro in law tried to get a lease and found out his license was suspended bec of 2 tickets (about $1200) that dov "took care of".
also many scams dont get reported, as those that were duped are embarrassed to come forward.
also, there are many urban legends of him being so connected with mafias and gangs that some are afraid. I've even heard someone say that if you want someone murdered, he can arrange that too. I've also heard there are unmarked vans in front of his house all the time. not sure if any of that is true, but i surely wouldnt say anything to him over the phone that you dont want law enforcement hearing

i think at one point he was able to pay ppl off to make the ticket disappear but that all ended when the new york post exposed the ticket fixing scandal. i have not heard of a single success story about in the last few years
The worst are the enablers like larry gordon that takes his money (stolen from ppl struggling to pay tuition) and lets him advertise his "services".
t's the funniest thing to see him shuckeling with kavana at shul. like G-d will listen to anything he says........

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2014, 02:46:02 PM »

t's the funniest thing to see him shuckeling with kavana at shul. like G-d will listen to anything he says........

Quite the statement...

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2014, 03:25:38 PM »

Quite the statement...
+1
I was with you till the last part. It's ok to advise people not to use him, but only G-d knows what's in his heart.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline HowYaDoin

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2014, 04:01:30 PM »
My neighbor called him and threatened to report him. his answer was "you have no proof! you paid cash!".
my bro in law tried to get a lease and found out his license was suspended bec of 2 tickets (about $1200) that dov "took care of".
also many scams dont get reported, as those that were duped are embarrassed to come forward.
also, there are many urban legends of him being so connected with mafias and gangs that some are afraid. I've even heard someone say that if you want someone murdered, he can arrange that too. I've also heard there are unmarked vans in front of his house all the time. not sure if any of that is true, but i surely wouldnt say anything to him over the phone that you dont want law enforcement hearing

i think at one point he was able to pay ppl off to make the ticket disappear but that all ended when the new york post exposed the ticket fixing scandal. i have not heard of a single success story about in the last few years
The worst are the enablers like larry gordon that takes his money (stolen from ppl struggling to pay tuition) and lets him advertise his "services".
I personally was advised against using him recently although a friend of mine used him about a year and a half ago and after reading this i pulled his abstract and its clean and his address is correct. I dont know if that means its still being pushed off or he was successful.. any opinions?

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2014, 02:24:39 PM »
+1
I was with you till the last part. It's ok to advise people not to use him, but only G-d knows what's in his heart.
Dunno why that's an issue.
Tanach discusses ppl who cheat and steal, but then act all frum and shtark on the outside.

Offline bobby

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2014, 09:15:15 PM »
I personally was advised against using him recently although a friend of mine used him about a year and a half ago and after reading this i pulled his abstract and its clean and his address is correct. I dont know if that means its still being pushed off or he was successful.. any opinions?

I don't think anyone's denying that he's had some successes.

Offline arid

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2014, 04:35:53 PM »
+1
it wouldnt bother as much if he just stole ppls money and was a regular joe. but you gotta see him shuckeling with his eyes closed with gantsa kavana's waving his hands like he's having a real one on one with g-d. how are you not embarrassed to talk to g-d when your job is stealing. it's not  like he owns a store and tips his scales. he flat out steals as a living. e/o knows it. his answer to disgruntled customers is "you have no proof", not "im sure its a mistake" or "i fought it and i didnt win".

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2014, 04:38:55 PM »
it wouldnt bother as much if he just stole ppls money and was a regular joe. but you gotta see him shuckeling with his eyes closed with gantsa kavana's waving his hands like he's having a real one on one with g-d. how are you not embarrassed to talk to g-d when your job is stealing. it's not  like he owns a store and tips his scales. he flat out steals as a living. e/o knows it. his answer to disgruntled customers is "you have no proof", not "im sure its a mistake" or "i fought it and i didnt win".

Why not? It's a gemara. Ganva apum machtarta Rachmana karya.