Topic Wiki

DDMS: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/108754

Response to naysayers:
Some of you are unbelievable. All the post does is encourage you to be careful with your personal information, to think hard about the type of schemes you are getting yourself into and to excersize caution and discretion with credit/financial decisions. So the only people whose parnassah is getting screwed by this are those that are relying on duping others to some extent.

/Thread

-------------------------------------------------------------

Who will put money for an ad?

Yakov116
Drago - $20
Ad120- $10
cubicles $20
Mendy from Lakewood $20
Travel-ing $20
Yochiek93- get an ad running and I'll give to that
« Last edited by yochiek93 on March 08, 2017, 11:32:24 AM »

Author Topic: PSA - Stay Away From The Card Signup Farms Who Offer $5000 In One Month  (Read 303845 times)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
i don't justify them just saying for those ppl thats the best option out there
Wrong again

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
"this" "thread" "is" "amazing"

and no its not worth it. Telling someone they are getting 5k and then giving them 4k is not worth it even if its 4k they would not have had otherwise. the feeling of being scammed and cheated makes it not worth it at all in any way shape or form.
Plus the headaches, even if they eventually wiggle out of it. They were told "hassle free" "we do everything"

Offline yakov116

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Plus the headaches, even if they eventually wiggle out of it. They were told "hassle free" "we do everything"
Yeah but you are getting money for it!

Get it?
I dont
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline Aaaron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I agree that its "genaivah" but its so bad that ppl make some money that they wouldn't have made otherwise

What if they were promised $5,000 and were only give $5?  Are you OK with that?  They made "some money that they wouldn't have made otherwise."  Why is the amount relevant, and where do you draw the line?

Offline dealfinder85

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
this mussar is at everyone, including myself
why do we respond to him? if no one responds, hell hopefully go away

Offline 3yummyboys

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Things that sound too good to be true usually are.

Yes, some people got their "free" money buy many have gotten less than expected, got messed over majorly (read unthread), and unwillingly participated in shady business.

I don't understand the argument that this is somehow ok.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Are we forgetting the part about it being illegal to open credit cards for someone else, even with permission? Even if giving people less than what was promised isn't fraud (don't ask me how to explain that one) how can you justify doing something illegal to make a few thousands dollars? Even with all the "shady stuff" you think people on DDF partake in, I don't think anybody is doing anything illegal.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Are we forgetting the part about it being illegal to open credit cards for someone else, even with permission? Even if giving people less than what was promised isn't fraud (don't ask me how to explain that one) how can you justify doing something illegal to make a few thousands dollars? Even with all the "shady stuff" you think people on DDF partake in, I don't think anybody is doing anything illegal.

Has you ever opened a card for a spouse, parent, family member, or friend?

Where do you get it from that opening am account with permission is illegal?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline chbochur

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
I don't get it, no one here ever leased or bought a car? Anyone who leases or buys knows that there will be hidden fees thrown in, and yes we hate them and their wrong, but that is how the car business is ran, and we all go and get cars. If it's that wrong that they charge you more then they advertised (or even promised you personally) then you should sit without a car, why is it that everyone gets cars? Very simple WE NEED THEM!
Car dealers are known to be crooked, people dealing with credit card are known to be "shady", if you really need the 4k you'd accept it even though you were promised 5k. I'm not saying it's right, in fact it's absolutely wrong of the guy promising, but if someone desperately needs it they might consider accepting the "loss"

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
I don't get it, no one here ever leased or bought a car? Anyone who leases or buys knows that there will be hidden fees thrown in, and yes we hate them and their wrong, but that is how the car business is ran, and we all go and get cars. If it's that wrong that they charge you more then they advertised (or even promised you personally) then you should sit without a car, why is it that everyone gets cars? Very simple WE NEED THEM!
Car dealers are known to be crooked, people dealing with credit card are known to be "shady", if you really need the 4k you'd accept it even though you were promised 5k. I'm not saying it's right, in fact it's absolutely wrong of the guy promising, but if someone desperately needs it they might consider accepting the "loss"
The risk is much bigger and these credit card farms get the naive people

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
You missed the boat! We are not arguing on that point that point only came up after some dumbell could not get his mind to think honestly.

There are many other factors involved that would make this more than your "car rental".
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline chbochur

• View Profile
Aha

Offline Marko Rubio

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
If you know someone who personally got messed over have them email me.
is this called messed up?  ;)
i have a friend who signed up 2 weeks ago with 1 of the ppl doing this, before he knew whats going on he got a call from the f/r dep asking about his business, he even didnt know the business name when they asked it from him, they closed all his accounts,they didnt even had a chance to spend a cent on his cards so of course he didnt make a cent......   when calling that guy to ask whats going on he said well what can i do that u got f/r we cant help u now anymore  since its closed
Do u have any different idea for a signature?

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
If they would spend the money legitimately, play it safe and not open too many card and pay the cash to the customer what they promised what is wrong with that? I'm talking about if they are opening personal cards not business.
Denny Crane

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
i have a friend who signed up 2 weeks ago with 1 of the ppl doing this, before he knew whats going on he got a call from the f/r dep asking about his business, he even didnt know the business name when they asked it from him, they closed all his accounts,they didnt even had a chance to spend a cent on his cards before closing it so of course he didnt make a cent......   when calling that guy to ask whats going on he said well what can i do that u got f/r we cant help u now anymore  since its closed
Yes

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Coherent English is the vernacular of choice on this erstwhile forum.
What would give you that idea?! :o

Offline Marko Rubio

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Yes
ok will tell him to email dan, what is dan planing to do about this?
Do u have any different idea for a signature?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
i have a friend who signed up 2 weeks ago with 1 of the ppl doing this, before he knew whats going on he got a call from the f/r dep asking about his business, he even didnt know the business name when they asked it from him, they closed all his accounts,they didnt even had a chance to spend a cent on his cards so of course he didnt make a cent......   when calling that guy to ask whats going on he said well what can i do that u got f/r we cant help u now anymore  since its closed
Have him email me.
For the record, I haven't received any emails yet.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
Ask him

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
If I get enough firsthand reports I'll make a post on the stories.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.