Topic Wiki

DDMS: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/108754

Response to naysayers:
Some of you are unbelievable. All the post does is encourage you to be careful with your personal information, to think hard about the type of schemes you are getting yourself into and to excersize caution and discretion with credit/financial decisions. So the only people whose parnassah is getting screwed by this are those that are relying on duping others to some extent.

/Thread

-------------------------------------------------------------

Who will put money for an ad?

Yakov116
Drago - $20
Ad120- $10
cubicles $20
Mendy from Lakewood $20
Travel-ing $20
Yochiek93- get an ad running and I'll give to that
« Last edited by yochiek93 on March 08, 2017, 11:32:24 AM »

Author Topic: PSA - Stay Away From The Card Signup Farms Who Offer $5000 In One Month  (Read 304331 times)

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: PSA - Stay Away From The People In Lakewood Who Offer $5000 In One Month
« Reply #460 on: September 16, 2014, 08:32:40 PM »
Frum society breeds naive people... load up your kids with stories of yiddin getting riches showered from heaven, avoid instilling the fundamentals of hard work, honesty, thrift and mazal... you wind up with this, drug dealers and so on and so forth
Please post next time in the I am bitter Master Thread -  http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=45188.msg920677#msg920677

Offline yomo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 16, 2014, 10:40:47 PM »
Perhaps there is room for a middle ground?
+1

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 16, 2014, 10:46:09 PM »
:o I'm not a BT but you are very full of yourself. Frum people go to college and public school too. There's a kid in my shul who graduated as validictorian in his 1,000+ student highschool. He isn't a BT but his parents sent him there anyway. There is no one I know who works as hard as he does in his learning and he will likely become like R' Nosson Tzvi. IMHO going to a "frum school" doesn't grant you any god given rights over anyone else.

I thought this thread was addressing scams aimed at frum people by frum people all of whom ostensibly went to the "right" schools. Don't be so narrow minded bashing the rest of the world.
+1

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 16, 2014, 10:51:15 PM »
Ok after a days review we will put out an ad bashing all Kollel people, learning people, working people, BT's, FFB's chalav stam eaters and chalav Yisroel eaters. 

On the side we will put about these scam people I'm all in!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:00:27 PM by yakov116 »
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 16, 2014, 10:57:43 PM »
Ok after a days review we will put out an ad bashing all Kollel people, learning people, working people, BT's and FFB's. 

On the side we will put about these scam people I'm all in!
and chalav stam eaters.

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: September 16, 2014, 10:58:39 PM »
Please post next time in the I am bitter Master Thread -  http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=45188.msg920677#msg920677
You missed the boat. No one is bitter. Everyone here loves all Jews. Just some valid points regarding how our "non-perfect" society and culture has evolved and some of it's unfortunate ramifications, one of which this thread was started for.

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 16, 2014, 10:59:17 PM »
and chalav stam eaters.
And chalav yisroel eaters

Offline yakov116

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 16, 2014, 11:03:40 PM »

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 17, 2014, 12:22:29 AM »
You missed the boat. No one is bitter. Everyone here loves all Jews. Just some valid points regarding how our "non-perfect" society and culture has evolved and some of it's unfortunate ramifications, one of which this thread was started for.

I am not per see bitter, I have tremendous amount of ahavas yisrael, just helped distribute many hundreds of pounds of chicken and meat at cost and at farbrengen we stopped at we were discussing this and guy says why dont you mark up.. and I said I have my own business bh, if the ribono shel olam sees fit he will use that keli.. as for this just stam that I ended up with a huge amount of chicken and meat why should I make money? its a shud af yidishe gelt.

So the farbrengen was about tishrey and I said you know the tefillah of the cohen gadol... its all gashmius.. specifically that jews should not require support from one another and not another nation.

I was discussing this tonight with a good friend and I said, its ironic that I know people that are insane to be so strict bein adam lechaveiro but bein adam lemakom they are meh.

Why does it not set you ablaze that there are yidden that would stoop as low as Nigerian scammers ? We, am segula.. im sick of hearing the standard chareidi line about tznius vis a vis vehayu machaneichem kodesh..

Kodesh? a DDFer who will read this and know who I am got ripped off for 100k by a frum yid..

Why is kodesh not important when we are literally stealing food from peoples mouth... yes WE... Why do you think we say Ashamnu, bagadnu, gazalnu.. because we the jewish nation are collectively responsible

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 17, 2014, 12:28:18 AM »
I cant remember where I read it, but along the lines of, your credit is your most valuable asset. How can people go around playing games with someones credit, pry on them and to boot screw them over what was promised.

btw this garbage all starts in yeshiva... low level fraud in a grey area is very prevalent... it builds up over the years, im not saying it goes on in many places but it was pretty much the norm when I was in yeshiva.

One example was placing collect calls to friends in yeshiva in israel...  and on and on and on

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 17, 2014, 12:53:15 AM »
I cant remember where I read it, but along the lines of, your credit is your most valuable asset. How can people go around playing games with someones credit, pry on them and to boot screw them over what was promised.

btw this garbage all starts in yeshiva... low level fraud in a grey area is very prevalent... it builds up over the years, im not saying it goes on in many places but it was pretty much the norm when I was in yeshiva.

One example was placing collect calls to friends in yeshiva in israel...  and on and on and on

I can't speak for the yeshiva you went to, but the one I was at the exact opposite of scam breeders.
I feel bad that's where you grew up, I don't think/believe that's the norm.

Regarding scale: even if you are of the opinion that the average ddf'er is also stealing, scale still matters a lot. If someone steals $5, it's likely that no one will hear about it and no one will get hurt badly...Steal $1mm and everyone knows about it; think about the major Chillul Hashem the guy has caused. Think about the business or the person that got hurt badly, maybe altering his life. Can one act of theft be worse than another? DEFINITELY!
Visibly Jewish

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 17, 2014, 01:17:44 AM »
I can't speak for the yeshiva you went to, but the one I was at the exact opposite of scam breeders.
I feel bad that's where you grew up, I don't think/believe that's the norm.

Regarding scale: even if you are of the opinion that the average ddf'er is also stealing, scale still matters a lot. If someone steals $5, it's likely that no one will hear about it and no one will get hurt badly...Steal $1mm and everyone knows about it; think about the major Chillul Hashem the guy has caused. Think about the business or the person that got hurt badly, maybe altering his life. Can one act of theft be worse than another? DEFINITELY!

I am not talking scale or chilul hashem and chilul hashem is horrible and affects jews as well... you think non religious people are not distanced from hashem and his torah by it?

Churning your own ccs and / or selling miles ok i get it.. playing games with peoples credit AND screwing them over ?!?

If you cv lose credit because of this, your in down for way more than 5k.. and if they are doing the spending, who says they will pay it ?!?

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 17, 2014, 07:44:00 AM »
Sorry but I am not getting the whole comparison from them to ddf'ers, what they do is wrong & illegal! meaning to say they're whole "business idea" stands on doing something illegal.
Fraud: signing up a different person for a credit card as mentioned upthread is a federal crime even if the person allows it, selling miles: against the T&C, depositing checks that have no coverage (twice meaning it wasn't just a mistake that can happen to anyone) wrong! And the list goes on.
Now you want to say that there are ddf'ers that do the same, not necessarily I don't know about them we don't do it as a whole as an official thing there might be one or 2 of us that do it I assume, but that's not what our whole existence is about we can do it totally legally, they on the other hand they're whole idea runs on doing it wrong & illegal otherwise they can close shop!

Offline yakov116

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 17, 2014, 08:05:51 AM »
Sorry but I am not getting the whole comparison from them to ddf'ers, what they do is wrong & illegal! meaning to say they're whole "business idea" stands on doing something illegal.
Fraud: signing up a different person for a credit card as mentioned upthread is a federal crime even if the person allows it, selling miles: against the T&C, depositing checks that have no coverage (twice meaning it wasn't just a mistake that can happen to anyone) wrong! And the list goes on.
Now you want to say that there are ddf'ers that do the same, not necessarily I don't know about them we don't do it as a whole as an official thing there might be one or 2 of us that do it I assume, but that's not what our whole existence is about we can do it totally legally, they on the other hand they're whole idea runs on doing it wrong & illegal otherwise they can close shop!
+1 Very well said
Can we move on!!!!!!!!
What are we going to about can we stop yapping and do something?

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 17, 2014, 08:10:40 AM »
+1 Very well said
Can we move on!!!!!!!!
What are we going to about can we stop yapping and do something?
Tnx! I'm with you.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=45061.msg919075.msg#919075
We need someone an individual that is taking lead in all this.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #475 on: September 17, 2014, 08:27:53 AM »
The pickpocket shouldn't call the purse snatcher a thief
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yakov116

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 17, 2014, 08:30:46 AM »
The pickpocket shouldn't call the purse snatcher a thief
We should put that in the ad too?

Ok we fought about it yesterday LET'S MOVE ON.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 17, 2014, 08:49:23 AM »

Fraud: signing up a different person for a credit card as mentioned upthread is a federal crime even if the person allows it,
source?

Offline yakov116

• View Profile

Offline HolyNyc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 17, 2014, 09:06:34 AM »
If everyone thinks ads will work then start a fund. I will kick in.
waiting to see your pledge  ;) :P