Topic Wiki

Properties not to use these for if AH wont check in:

1- IC HKG
2- IC Dubai per 12hrs
3- I had issues at the IC Paris. They only let me check in after the account holders emailed the hotel with their passport info and permission foe me to use their free night.

WARNING:  Don't  do this transaction with     (nuttha_s).  This person has defrauded two sellers recently. He repeatedly calls the hotel pretending to be the account owner, then during  check in, he checks in with multiple people and hotel cancels the reservation and you will end up with loss of your free night cert and hotel will even charge you cancellation fee.  Something very fishy.  What really is going on is very suspicious! I added the 2nd guest name he wanted via IHG rep on phone  He will then dispute the payment with paypal  for full refund. Won't settle or compromise. In the end, you lost the free night and the money he paid you is gone with paypal dispute..  He or she may come with different nickname but remember he is she is based in Thailand.
« Last edited by peace123 on May 13, 2019, 10:20:10 AM »

Author Topic: IHG nights for sale  (Read 687557 times)

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Re: IHG nights for sale
« Reply #1900 on: April 21, 2019, 12:39:59 AM »
They should have added you as a guest to the reservation.
He is the seller, so he should have added the buyer on the reservation.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline dealtastic

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: April 21, 2019, 06:53:53 PM »
Is this uncapped night? If so, on sale for $150 from Platinum Elite account.
Yes, everything issued prior to 05/01/2019 is uncapped.

Offline karl1402

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: April 22, 2019, 06:04:53 AM »
Selling one uncapped night on platinum elite account. $150. Please PM.

Now have two nights, but on separate accounts. Cannot merge them. $140 each. Expire march 2020. Uncapped.

Offline Zev25

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: April 22, 2019, 03:18:12 PM »
2 nights for sale. Uncapped. Plat elite $150 each. Please PM

Offline Nephilim199

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: April 23, 2019, 01:03:35 PM »
Anyone Inner Circle for Kimpton selling an uncapped night?
Also buying uncapped night from Spire Elite
$160
Paying more for Ambassador or Royal.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 01:14:28 PM by Nephilim199 »

Offline @jack123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: April 23, 2019, 05:50:58 PM »
They should have added you as a guest to the reservation.

guest was added - they were very adamant that specifically for chase free night, account holder must show... anyone ever have that problem?

Offline coolmuke

• View Profile
IHG nights for sale
« Reply #1906 on: April 23, 2019, 06:14:33 PM »
Selling 1 uncapped night @150 OBO from platinum elite. Book by 5/17. PM me.

Offline @jack123

• View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: April 23, 2019, 06:23:57 PM »
guest was added - they were very adamant that specifically for chase free night, account holder must show... anyone ever have that problem?

moreover, curious what the forum thinks appropriate outcome is in case like this. buyer didnt stay. hotel said they'd redeposit night in the account, but it promptly expired. buyer wants refund. thoughts?

Offline nuttha_s

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: April 23, 2019, 08:41:51 PM »
Do you mind sharing... What was the reason why front desk wouldn't let you check in?

I had bought few IHG award, used them in IHG ,NYC, DC, SIN, Tokyo

this is the first time I used them in singapore
night of 13th from @peace123 which promise me exchange for the night of hilton.
night of 14th from @jack123 which promise me a refund yesterday but didn't keep the promise, say that want a debate or something.

story:
so I check in at the hotel, they said they couldn't find my name. I told them that name has been added, get kicked out.
Being shameless pretend to call to be card owner, were told by the hotel that the card owner have to "showed up only" to check in.
so I was out in hong kong, raining with wife and 2 kids, have to find a coffee place that have wifi, with 2 suitcase + 2 stroller try to book a new hotel.
ending up paying for new hotel and 2 taxi to go there.

It was a really ugly day and now I still don't get a refund. do I want to have this problem? ofcouse no?
how should seller response to this? when I paid for the night I paid immediately, when I ask for a refund? do you know that today is 24th?

so before you book I would suggest you check with the hotel 1st, or go with marriott & hilton, I bought like 8 of those, never have a prob with me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:45:14 PM by nuttha_s »

Offline nuttha_s

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: April 23, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »
also I bought 5 hyatt cert from 5 diff seller.
night of 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 hotel mix together my cert, no prob.
Hyatt cert is usable too

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: April 23, 2019, 10:12:20 PM »
I had bought few IHG award, used them in IHG ,NYC, DC, SIN, Tokyo

this is the first time I used them in singapore
night of 13th from @peace123 which promise me exchange for the night of hilton.
night of 14th from @jack123 which promise me a refund yesterday but didn't keep the promise, say that want a debate or something.

story:
so I check in at the hotel, they said they couldn't find my name. I told them that name has been added, get kicked out.
Being shameless pretend to call to be card owner, were told by the hotel that the card owner have to "showed up only" to check in.
so I was out in hong kong, raining with wife and 2 kids, have to find a coffee place that have wifi, with 2 suitcase + 2 stroller try to book a new hotel.
ending up paying for new hotel and 2 taxi to go there.

It was a really ugly day and now I still don't get a refund. do I want to have this problem? ofcouse no?
how should seller response to this? when I paid for the night I paid immediately, when I ask for a refund? do you know that today is 24th?

so before you book I would suggest you check with the hotel 1st, or go with marriott & hilton, I bought like 8 of those, never have a prob with me.
  I booked this for you and called to add the name you gave me. If the hotel refuses to check the person in, what can I do ? They couldn't refund my Cert because it expired on 13th and they state the term of " non transferable".

I still offered to do something else such as maybe booking  Hilton one night stay provided that it is not an expensive in points. I may or may not have Hyatt certificate , I haven't checked my account yet. Give me a date, location and name and I will book one night for you at any decent hotel and as long as it would allow me to add separate guest name online.

Offline nuttha_s

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: April 23, 2019, 11:42:40 PM »
  I booked this for you and called to add the name you gave me. If the hotel refuses to check the person in, what can I do ? They couldn't refund my Cert because it expired on 13th and they state the term of " non transferable".

I still offered to do something else such as maybe booking  Hilton one night stay provided that it is not an expensive in points. I may or may not have Hyatt certificate , I haven't checked my account yet. Give me a date, location and name and I will book one night for you at any decent hotel and as long as it would allow me to add separate guest name online.

I accept your offer mate for a exchange for the night it is a fair trade, I have an upcoming trip to Vancouver on October and planing a trip to DC but all aren't fully plan yet.

The problem is  @jack123 offer me a refund yesterday but he didn't keep his promises

Offline @jack123

• View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: April 24, 2019, 05:12:39 AM »
As you know, I added your wife's name and CC to reservation as per your request when it was booked. You had copies of the chat with ihg and the email of the reservation. Not sure why you called the hotel again the day before (perhaps your wife should've?) to call attention to the reservation, but either way I am under the impression that this is the risk the buyer takes, not that there's some type of seller guarantee...
I told you I would give your money back, and I have even though I don't believe I was obligated to, but I suggested this be discussed in the forum both as a public service so that we can achieve some greater clarity on the implied understanding of these transactions, and so that perhaps, if there is consensus on what should be done, if it's not "buyer has no risk" you would consider a compromise.

Offline nuttha_s

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: April 24, 2019, 05:31:47 AM »
I just received your refund which it say will be process on 29th

And the thing is I didn't call about your booking at all.
I call about the night of 13th April from @peace123

as I can't check in the night of 13 at front desk so Ask about 14th too.
Front desk said that she won't be able to check in both night, only 1st guest/card owner can enter.
That's why I contacted you, and we know what happened next, You reconfirm 2nd guest, hotel still don't let me check in.

I have to book the hotel on the night of stay, it cost me $250 per night.

I buy goods, I don't get goods, I should get refund.
@peace123 offer me exchange for Hilton night straight away and I think it's fair.
I used IHG in NYC, DC, SIN, TYO, I didn't expect this to happen in HKG too

I am really sorry that the transaction doesn't work out, I didn't expect this to happen too, hope you understand.

thank you
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 06:04:37 AM by nuttha_s »

Offline @jack123

• View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: April 24, 2019, 06:08:42 AM »
I think the key point here is your claim that you didn't receive it. In fact, the cert was yours after you paid. It's terms were clear. If you had bought medicine that didn't heal you or therapy that didn't solve a problem, etc, you also wouldn't have a legitimate claim to get your money back. In my view, this is similar. I understand that you view this differently. I am curious what others think.

Offline Sambo150

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: April 24, 2019, 07:15:35 AM »

Front desk said that she won't be able to check in both night, only 1st guest/card owner can enter.
That's why I contacted you, and we know what happened next, You reconfirm 2nd guest, hotel still don't let me check in.

@peace123 offer me exchange for Hilton night straight away and I think it's fair.

I am really sorry that the transaction doesn't work out, I didn't expect this to happen too, hope you understand.

thank you
I've also had same issue it was because I was trying to check in with wife and 2 young kids which meant the primary guest can't check in as there is no room for them and I had 4 already you mentioned you have two and a wife so same issue I suspect

Offline maxiao82126

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: April 24, 2019, 09:05:41 AM »
I will b very candid because I have done both buying and selling.  I would be very hesistant to buying certs for for Stays in Asia and Europe.  I would also nothave the first night under some one eles name in those places, ideally once u r checkedin for ur first night it would be easy to do the other night.  Also on guest should checkin and rest really should stay in the lobby not to cause attention, we are all trying to save money lets not call too much attention.  Thats my two cents, I have not had issue as buyer or seller and hopefully not in the future either.

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: April 24, 2019, 09:06:18 AM »

thank you
I too lost the chase   free night for you and you paid but  it’s not like I got it back. It expired after  that canceled stay so I benefited nothing. I even almost received cancelation fee. I will be the gentleman  and book any standard room at Hilton properties  or raddison partners or Hyatt property  hotel but just to let you know it won’t be at expensive ones like the one you get with the free night. I will book you any room I can find  the cheapest  after you give me the date and location and name.

Offline Jeremiah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: April 24, 2019, 09:14:52 AM »
https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/customer-care/member-tc.html

50. If a third party beneficiary (instead of the Member who made the relevant booking) intends to check in at any Greater China properties (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan) with a Reward Night, the Member must call the IHG Rewards Club Customer Care Centre no less than 7 days before the Reward Night stay date. Member must provide specific personal details of such third party beneficiary as requested by SCH for its registration and validation purposes. To change any provided information, the Member must follow the same procedure mentioned above.  If the Member fails to provide and/or change the requested information on time or the information provided is not correct for any reason, the third party beneficiary will not be able to check in at the front desk and the relevant booking will be cancelled. The above requirement for third party beneficiary check-in applies to all Reward Nights earned through Stays, Points, promotions, or in any other way.
I was aware of this issue when booking for a friend of mine at HKG. I contacted the hotel directly and yet he still had a big hassle when he tried checking in. In the end i had to forward the front desk the original reservation email which oddly took them over an hour to receive.

Offline nuttha_s

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 24, 2019, 09:42:53 AM »
I've also had same issue it was because I was trying to check in with wife and 2 young kids which meant the primary guest can't check in as there is no room for them and I had 4 already you mentioned you have two and a wife so same issue I suspect

I actually check in with two passport only me and my wife, my kids didn't go near the reception, I don't think it's issue.