Topic Wiki

Properties not to use these for if AH wont check in:

1- IC HKG
2- IC Dubai per 12hrs
3- I had issues at the IC Paris. They only let me check in after the account holders emailed the hotel with their passport info and permission foe me to use their free night.

WARNING:  Don't  do this transaction with     (nuttha_s).  This person has defrauded two sellers recently. He repeatedly calls the hotel pretending to be the account owner, then during  check in, he checks in with multiple people and hotel cancels the reservation and you will end up with loss of your free night cert and hotel will even charge you cancellation fee.  Something very fishy.  What really is going on is very suspicious! I added the 2nd guest name he wanted via IHG rep on phone  He will then dispute the payment with paypal  for full refund. Won't settle or compromise. In the end, you lost the free night and the money he paid you is gone with paypal dispute..  He or she may come with different nickname but remember he is she is based in Thailand.
« Last edited by peace123 on May 13, 2019, 10:20:10 AM »

Author Topic: IHG nights for sale  (Read 687735 times)

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: IHG nights for sale
« Reply #1920 on: April 24, 2019, 10:43:20 AM »
I deal with hotel bookings like this a lot and here is my 2 cents.

You are buying the certificate. You are NOT buying a night in the hotel. It is the buyers responsibility to make sure that the hotel does not give issues at check in to 3rd party stays. Not the seller. The seller is selling you a free night.

Once you get denied check in the free night is still the buyers. It is his responsibility to get it back into the account. If it is expired it is the buyers loss. I as a seller am not obligated to make sure you use the night. I sell it to you (I may even be nice and book for you) and it is your responsibility as the buyer to make sure to use it within the expiration date.

All the above applies to a one night stay booked from one account. All the more so if the buyer is booking several nights for 1 stay out of different accounts. That is obviously even more risky and definitely puts the responsibility of cancellation on the buyer. I sold you one night because you go now and book several nights I am not obligated to lose out.

As always In Asia and for all inclusive hotels one should use extreme caution when booking 3rd party stays. As they check passports and count the number of people 

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1921 on: April 24, 2019, 10:44:06 AM »
I actually check in with two passport only me and my wife, my kids didn't go near the reception, I don't think it's issue.
There is no reason for your wife to be there at check in you can check in by yourself and then bring whoever you need into the room

Offline blur1717

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: April 24, 2019, 12:01:53 PM »
https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/customer-care/member-tc.html
I was aware of this issue when booking for a friend of mine at HKG. I contacted the hotel directly and yet he still had a big hassle when he tried checking in. In the end i had to forward the front desk the original reservation email which oddly took them over an hour to receive.

IC HKG is well known to be specifically difficult even when you consider the Asia rules. I would never buy or sell a third party stay at IC HKG. Just not worth it

If you as a buyer are buying this it is your responsibility not the sellers if you are not allowed to check in

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 24, 2019, 12:43:54 PM »
I started a wiki with problematic hotels if you know others please add

Offline blur1717

• View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: April 24, 2019, 12:51:19 PM »

great idea

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: April 25, 2019, 11:35:06 AM »
IC DUBAI if someone can add for me

Offline dbg2107

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: April 25, 2019, 05:49:12 PM »
Selling 2 nights @ 170/ea. 2 different platinum elite accounts - exp aug 24 2019 and Oct 5 2019.

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: April 25, 2019, 09:37:33 PM »
I actually check in with two passport only me and my wife, my kids didn't go near the reception, I don't think it's issue.
  you are dishonest. I sold you my free night. it was gone to you  and now you want something else and more from me? Many have done this, I did this to others and no one complained except for you.
When I was booking  that night for you and adding your wife's name, you told me you kept calling the hotel. I advised you NOT to and I booked , added your wife's name on reservation  on phone  and emailed you the reservation. Somehow you guys failed or whatever it was and they canceled the night during your check in. The free night cert expired and thus they can't reissue it. Whose fault is it? I told you I will book  a free night for you at a a hotel I choose when you give me, date, location and name. You keep telling me " I want this, I want that, I want hilton of at least 50000 points, blah blah. You should take it  as a compromise. It can be at any chain that I choose. If one doesn't work, I will try another one close to the location you want to stay but it won't be same as the free night cert hotel cos that is expired. Now you are trying to do a charge back on paypal.

Please don't do business with this guy!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 09:47:02 PM by peace123 »

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #1928 on: April 25, 2019, 10:15:05 PM »
  you are dishonest. I sold you my free night. it was gone to you  and now you want something else and more from me? Many have done this, I did this to others and no one complained except for you.
When I was booking  that night for you and adding your wife's name, you told me you kept calling the hotel. I advised you NOT to and I booked , added your wife's name on reservation  on phone  and emailed you the reservation. Somehow you guys failed or whatever it was and they canceled the night during your check in. The free night cert expired and thus they can't reissue it. Whose fault is it? I told you I will book  a free night for you at a a hotel I choose when you give me, date, location and name. You keep telling me " I want this, I want that, I want hilton of at least 50000 points, blah blah. You should take it  as a compromise. It can be at any chain that I choose. If one doesn't work, I will try another one close to the location you want to stay but it won't be same as the free night cert hotel cos that is expired. Now you are trying to do a charge back on paypal.

Please don't do business with this guy!
I do not think it is your fault, and definitely not obligated to book the buyer a free night. I think a good idea from now on for sellers to add a disclaimer that they are not responsible for such incidents, then it is up to the buyer to purchase or not.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 26, 2019, 12:13:19 AM »
I do not think it is your fault, and definitely not obligated to book the buyer a free night. I think a good idea from now on for sellers to add a disclaimer that they are not responsible for such incidents, then it is up to the buyer to purchase or not.
Right!  The free night is used, expired and hotel won't reissue. That buyer wants paypal refund and files a claim! My free night is gone  to him and I got paid. Why he is filing claim with paypal now? Dishonest this is! I even promised to book  one night for free, even though I don't have to. I told him it won't be at expensive hotel or chains and he should take whatever I book after I get the name, location and date. He still files claim. Good luck with that false claim cos I have proof of the reservation that I booked for him!

Offline blur1717

• View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 26, 2019, 11:34:20 AM »
Right!  The free night is used, expired and hotel won't reissue. That buyer wants paypal refund and files a claim! My free night is gone  to him and I got paid. Why he is filing claim with paypal now? Dishonest this is! I even promised to book  one night for free, even though I don't have to. I told him it won't be at expensive hotel or chains and he should take whatever I book after I get the name, location and date. He still files claim. Good luck with that false claim cos I have proof of the reservation that I booked for him!

I don't believe you need to give him any compensation at all. If buyer is engaging in risky behavior (calling hotel insistently, making lots of separate reservations from lots of diff accounts), they are actually doing YOU a disservice as they are putting your account at risk. I would never use my account in this kind of situation.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 26, 2019, 08:39:23 PM »
  The free night is used, expired and hotel won't reissue. That buyer wants paypal refund and files a claim! My free night is gone  to him and I got paid. Why he is filing claim with paypal now? Dishonest this is! He still files claim. Good luck with that false claim cos I have proof of the reservation that I booked for him!  I ask everyone to ignore this guy and not do any transaction with him. many have done this and I have done this, no one did what this guy is doing to me and the other seller.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: April 27, 2019, 01:47:24 AM »
   @ nuttha_s  The free night is used, expired and hotel won't reissue. You  want paypal refund and files a claim! My free night is gone  to you and I got paid. Why are you filing claim with paypal now? Dishonest this is!  Good luck with that false claim cos I have proof of the reservation that I booked for you!  I ask everyone to ignore  you and not do any transaction with you. Many have done this and I have done this, no one did what you are doing to me and the other seller.

Offline hide4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 28, 2019, 02:54:41 AM »
IC TLV has definitely made issues in the past.

Offline @jack123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 28, 2019, 06:33:18 AM »
thank you to those who weighed in. i think the "problematic hotels" is helpful - wish i would've known before and I wouldn't have done it!
anyway, regrettably refunded the money but hoping he does the right thing and at least compromises

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: May 01, 2019, 09:44:43 AM »
thank you to those who weighed in. i think the "problematic hotels" is helpful - wish i would've known before and I wouldn't have done it!
anyway, regrettably refunded the money but hoping he does the right thing and at least compromises
Is it the same guy @ nuttha_s ?
This guy bought from me. i think he messed up by repeatedly calling and entire family checking in. Room got canceled and my free night expired the next day and no return or refund issued by the hotel as it is expired. Now this guy wants complete refund and disputes the payment on paypal. I tried compromising  by giving him back $100 and he still wants the entire $170. I never had this problem with anyone before.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: May 01, 2019, 09:54:30 AM »
Is it the same guy @ nuttha_s ?
This guy bought from me. i think he messed up by repeatedly calling and entire family checking in. Room got canceled and my free night expired the next day and no return or refund issued by the hotel as it is expired. Now this guy wants complete refund and disputes the payment on paypal. I tried compromising  by giving him back $100 and he still wants the entire $170. I never had this problem with anyone before.
I don’t see why he deserves even $1 back. You sold him your free night. He is obligated to use it by the expiration date. If he doesn’t it is his problem not yours as long as you made the reservation properly

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: May 01, 2019, 10:10:09 AM »
I don’t see why he deserves even $1 back. You sold him your free night. He is obligated to use it by the expiration date. If he doesn’t it is his problem not yours as long as you made the reservation properly
He files dispute with paypal, i responded explained, he wants full money back, i explained and offered to give him $100. he still wants full refund and now paypal  review dept wants    We'll need the following info

Compelling evidence   from me.

money is held until it is resolved it says and i have until may 9th. I will upload the reservation.

Offline Shimmy613

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: May 01, 2019, 12:35:20 PM »
Selling 1 night certificate at any level IHG hotel from platinum elite account, $200 (expires 6/16/2019)

Offline Yo123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: May 01, 2019, 12:36:58 PM »
Selling 1 night certificate at any level IHG hotel from platinum elite account, $200 (expires 6/16/2019)

Just FYI routine DDF market value is $140-160 for these.