Topic Wiki

Properties not to use these for if AH wont check in:

1- IC HKG
2- IC Dubai per 12hrs
3- I had issues at the IC Paris. They only let me check in after the account holders emailed the hotel with their passport info and permission foe me to use their free night.

WARNING:  Don't  do this transaction with     (nuttha_s).  This person has defrauded two sellers recently. He repeatedly calls the hotel pretending to be the account owner, then during  check in, he checks in with multiple people and hotel cancels the reservation and you will end up with loss of your free night cert and hotel will even charge you cancellation fee.  Something very fishy.  What really is going on is very suspicious! I added the 2nd guest name he wanted via IHG rep on phone  He will then dispute the payment with paypal  for full refund. Won't settle or compromise. In the end, you lost the free night and the money he paid you is gone with paypal dispute..  He or she may come with different nickname but remember he is she is based in Thailand.
« Last edited by peace123 on May 13, 2019, 10:20:10 AM »

Author Topic: IHG nights for sale  (Read 696058 times)

Offline pointer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
Re: IHG nights for sale
« Reply #1940 on: May 01, 2019, 12:47:01 PM »
Just FYI routine DDF market value is $140-160 for these.
FYI routine DDF market makes no sense at all and is not based on value, just on how much the large-count posters ask, and everyone else follows, "cuz this is the market price"

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: May 01, 2019, 12:56:03 PM »
FYI routine DDF market makes no sense at all and is not based on value, just on how much the large-count posters ask, and everyone else follows, "cuz this is the market price"
Like can someone explain to me why an IHG cert. good at top tier properties goes for a little bit more than a cat. 4 Marriott?!
Now there are much less top tier IHG properties than Marriott, but IMO $150 is an embarrassment

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1942 on: May 01, 2019, 12:56:19 PM »
He files dispute with paypal, i responded explained, he wants full money back, i explained and offered to give him $100. he still wants full refund and now paypal  review dept wants    We'll need the following info

Compelling evidence   from me.

money is held until it is resolved it says and i have until may 9th. I will upload the reservation.
I really hope you win. This is outrageous by him based on his own admissions it was his fault what happened and he should definitely be banned from buying and selling here

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1943 on: May 01, 2019, 12:57:24 PM »
Like can someone explain to me why an IHG cert. good at top tier properties goes for a little bit more than a cat. 4 Marriott?!
Now there are much less top tier IHG properties than Marriott, but IMO $150 is an embarrassment
Its all based on supply and demand if there are lots of nights available and no buyers then sellers will lower the price and vice versa

Offline Yo123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: May 01, 2019, 12:58:18 PM »

Sure finding what the exact market value price is is arbitrary to an extent however, if you’re trying to sell and there is an established price point set, then it does matter. Good luck to those trying to sell for $200. It’s all supply and demand issue. Basic economics.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: May 01, 2019, 01:02:50 PM »
I really hope you win. This is outrageous by him based on his own admissions it was his fault what happened and he should definitely be banned from buying and selling here
I hope he (nuttha_s)  is banned so he doesnt do this to other sellers and DD readers. Another seller had same issue with this same buyer and ended up refunding money back via paypal.  In my case, the free night is expired too. So what do I benefit by refunding him full money $170 while my free night is gone? Why would he not take my $100 money back offer?
He admitted pretending to be me and calling the hotel and then have family wiht kids check in. How the heck am i responsible if the hotel cancels  it then?

The person is based in Thailand. pls be careful not to deal with any one from overseas for transaction like this.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:07:43 PM by peace123 »

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: May 01, 2019, 01:20:24 PM »
Its all based on supply and demand if there are lots of nights available and no buyers then sellers will lower the price and vice versa
IMO it has nothing to do with actual s&d.
Right when this thread was created, on the first page people were asking $150.
IMO the price is based on a chain reaction, 1 person asking x amount, another person wanting to sell his cert.
Sees that asking price, and figures
Sure finding what the exact market value price is is arbitrary to an extent however, if you’re trying to sell and there is an established price point set, then it does matter. Good luck to those trying to sell for $200. 
So he to goes by that price. and so on and so forth

Offline Yo123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: May 01, 2019, 01:22:46 PM »
So you should consider buying all the ones for 150 and then selling them for 200, establishing a new “chain reaction”. No brainer if your logic is correct.

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: May 01, 2019, 01:26:47 PM »
So you should consider buying all the ones for 150 and then selling them for 200, establishing a new “chain reaction”. No brainer if your logic is correct.
Honest,
Are you telling me if for instance a union is formed and everyone charges $200, there wouldn't be a demand for the cert.?

I think there most certainly will be.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: May 01, 2019, 01:26:55 PM »
IMO it has nothing to do with actual s&d.
Right when this thread was created, on the first page people were asking $150.
IMO the price is based on a chain reaction, 1 person asking x amount, another person wanting to sell his cert.
This is not true at all. There was a period when there were very few of these available and the price jumped due to IHG announcing they were discontinuing uncapped night. Once they brought them back although for a limited time the price went back down

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: May 01, 2019, 01:27:20 PM »
Honest,
Are you telling me if for instance a union is formed and everyone charges $200, there wouldn't be a demand for the cert.?

I think there most certainly will be.
so go for it

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: May 01, 2019, 01:39:32 PM »
This is not true at all. There was a period when there were very few of these available and the price jumped due to IHG announcing they were discontinuing uncapped night. Once they brought them back although for a limited time the price went back down
it is discontinued now, so according to you, why no price increase?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: May 01, 2019, 01:42:52 PM »
it is discontinued now, so according to you, why no price increase?
It is discontinued but there is obviously still plenty available. At the end of the day these cant get too much higher anyway as you can just buy IHG points under your own name. Also cash rates arent that high in many instances, there are lots of factors.

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: May 01, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »
It is discontinued but there is obviously still plenty available.
NO, I gave you a different explanation

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: May 01, 2019, 01:46:21 PM »
At the end of the day these cant get too much higher anyway as you can just buy IHG points under your own name.
True didn't factor that in

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: May 01, 2019, 01:47:25 PM »
NO, I gave you a diff explanation
Yes your explanation indicates that no one cares about making $ and just close their eyes and list it at the going rate. Which couldnt be further from the truth. Go read the thread most people list at 180 and then depending on how desperate they are to get rid of it lower their price accordingly

Offline blur1717

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: May 01, 2019, 02:01:33 PM »
True didn't factor that in

this is a buying a selling forum. based on market...list your price if its priced right it will sell

..who cares what your theory is about price

Offline Yo123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: May 01, 2019, 02:03:08 PM »

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: May 01, 2019, 02:18:51 PM »
this is a buying a selling forum. based on market...list your price if its priced right it will sell

..who cares what your theory is about price

Just FYI routine DDF market value is $140-160 for these.
Hmmm.

Offline Pesach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: May 01, 2019, 09:15:58 PM »
is there any possible chance that you could extend ihg nights like with Marriott certs ? or is it hard coded not to extend , also does it have to be used by the expiration or just booked by the expiration?