Author Topic: Credit card fraud  (Read 9978 times)

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz PC, National EE
Re: Credit card fraud
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 02:46:35 PM »
Just got off the phone with Citibank.
Apparently someone tried making 40+ online purchases on my Executive card this morning. About half of them went through to pending, while the rest got declined.
Citi only flagged it as fraud when the guy made a $1900 purchase at BestBuy, the rest were all in the $200 range at Walmart and TigerDirect.
Got my new card in the mail on the first day of Yom Tov, I checked my account online this morning before I called in to activate the new card and there was already 2 fraudulent charges on the account. They cancelled the card again and are sending me another new one.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Offline AnonymousUser

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 03:00:49 PM »
Got my new card in the mail on the first day of Yom Tov, I checked my account online this morning before I called in to activate the new card and there was already 2 fraudulent charges on the account. They cancelled the card again and are sending me another new one.
Hmm, sounds like a pattern.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 03:27:38 PM »
So TigerDirect sells GC's?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Credit card fraud
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 09:22:48 PM »
Opened a new discover checking account for wife. Debit card and pin both never arrived in mail. Several days later account was cleared out with local swipes in Brooklyn.  NY taxis, stores etc. $1025.
#USPSgeneiva

Discover reimbursed in full no prob. Then had two more fraudulent charges after replacement card did arrive in mail.

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz PC, National EE
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 09:45:59 PM »
Just got off the phone with Citibank.
Apparently someone tried making 40+ online purchases on my Executive card this morning. About half of them went through to pending, while the rest got declined.
Citi only flagged it as fraud when the guy made a $1900 purchase at BestBuy, the rest were all in the $200 range at Walmart and TigerDirect.
And the story goes on: I got the new card today and after opening it was surprised to see that Citi sent me another one of the same card (that they just cancelled).
I called and explained the story to the account rep, she looked into it and said it looks like the card was processed to be shipped out before the old card number was cancelled, so I got a duplicate card. Then she went ahead and processed the new card to be shipped to me.

I then brought up that I'm paying a high annual fee for this card to be earning miles with it, and for a week already I haven't been able to earn any miles and had to use other credit cards. She offered me 1,000 bonus AA miles, I countered with 5,000 and she said that's a good number as that's the highest she could offer.

We'll see what happens when the new card comes via FedEx. If there are any more issues I'm gonna ask them to just cancel the card and refund my annual fee.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2014, 10:01:27 PM »
What did they do did they change your billing address so it should match the shipping address?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline YG

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Credit card fraud
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 06:19:05 PM »
Opened a new discover checking account for wife. Debit card and pin both never arrived in mail. Several days later account was cleared out with local swipes in Brooklyn.  NY taxis, stores etc. $1025.
#USPSgeneiva

Discover reimbursed in full no prob. Then had two more fraudulent charges after replacement card did arrive in mail.
logged in today to find that some of the provisional credits were reversed. SMd asking why and they responded:
At your request, we recently investigated the transactions you listed below. Based on documentation provided by the companies you made these disputes with the transactions appears to be valid.

Letters were mailed out on 11/24/14 with the specific information on them regarding each dispute you had filed.

Any provisional credit(s) applied to your account in conjunction with these dispute were reversed today 11/24/14. If you have something else in your records to support your position, please provide it to us as soon as possible. In addition, if you have not already done so, you may wish to contact these companies directly.

Very annoyed!!
Have to wait for the letters to arrive to see what they say.

... Have a feeling I may soon be closing DWs Discover checking account as well as mine.

Offline mike77

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2015, 11:12:59 PM »
My chase credit card has been the target 3 times since January, luckily chase caught it within seconds and sent me a text every time they suspected fraud. I'm starting to worry about the increase of CC theft! Mind you I was in possession of my CC the entire time, someone managed to duplicate it without ever physically having the card.

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2015, 11:22:07 PM »
My chase credit card has been the target 3 times since January, luckily chase caught it within seconds and sent me a text every time they suspected fraud. I'm starting to worry about the increase of CC theft! Mind you I was in possession of my CC the entire time, someone managed to duplicate it without ever physically having the card.
They gave you a new number each time?

Offline mike77

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2015, 11:36:00 PM »
They closed the account AND sent me a new card 3 times

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 11:42:06 PM »
Yep this happens all the time. Members of my family have had their cc's charged in stores all over the world, from Vancouver to Cairo (2 I remember off the top of my head) all while having the physical cc's with them.

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2015, 12:55:27 AM »
I had this issue with my csp 3 times in one year. The card never left my wallet and somehow was stolen by somebody. Luckily chase caught on....
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline maxie m

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2015, 02:05:02 AM »
I had this issue with my csp 3 times in one year. The card never left my wallet and somehow was stolen by somebody. Luckily chase caught on....
from what I've been told CSP is a ripe target for these things not sure why though, many of my friends had issues with this particular card
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2015, 02:11:40 AM »
Now that you bring it up, the only time I had fraud was a swipe in a men's underwear store in Australia on my CSP

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2015, 02:24:03 AM »
from what I've been told CSP is a ripe target for these things not sure why though, many of my friends had issues with this particular card
Very simple since most of them start with 41472021
Money talks...mine says goodbye!