Author Topic: One Way Citi Thank You/Star Alliance Question/help  (Read 665 times)

Offline DanSavesMeCash

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
One Way Citi Thank You/Star Alliance Question/help
« on: September 28, 2014, 06:02:23 PM »
Hello
I am trying to book a one way ticket in Economy from TLV to Hawaii, South America, or the South Pacific with a stop in Boston using Citi Thank You points.  I believe I need to use Star Alliance as I need to use the following airlines:
1.   Asia Miles™
2.   Etihad Guest
3.   EVA Air Infinity MileageLands
4.   Garuda Indonesia Frequent Flyer
6.   Malaysia Airlines Enrich
7.   Qatar Airways Privilege Club
8.   Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
9.   Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus

I have a few questions:
1. If I want to visit Boston first can I travel to the South Pacific/Asia after as the quickest way is clearly going west not east (i.e. must I make sure I do not fly more than half way around the world for the reward)?
2. Can I stop in Boston or does it need to be the shortest distance (i.e. must the stop be in NYC)?
3. Does it matter which Star Alliance partner I transfer my Thank You Points into?  Are some airlines better then others if I am just using Star Alliance flights and not the airline I transfer into?
4. I would like to be able to rebook my award ticket at no cost if I find better connections down the road as this is in June.  Can I do that?
5. Can I change the BOS-Hawaii date and still keep the TLV-BOS date with no fees?
6. I really just need to go to Boston for a Bar Mitzvah but would like to travel to Hawaii etc after.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David