Author Topic: Turo car rentals  (Read 2108 times)

Offline lcm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Turo car rentals
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2021, 01:47:48 AM »
I am so confused about what just happened. I signed up for an account a couple of months ago. I did all the verification etc that they require and my account was fully set up. Tonight I made my first booking for a car, the owner confirmed my reservation within 3 minutes and we messaged back and forth saying we will coordinate closer to the date. About an hour later I get the following email:

There's another similar platform called getaround.
I haven't used it but it seems fine.
I did set up an account though, it seems like it needs you to have a Facebook account to set up an account to "verify your identity". I made a Facebook account with minimal info for this, not even my last name spelled out, just my first name and dob correct, and max privacy settings

I gives me an option to refer people... (Can I say that here?)

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Turo car rentals
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2021, 09:50:40 AM »
Could it be this one?
Wow! very impressed that youre keeping track. The camera ticket you mentioned is a simple NYC speed camera that automatically sends you a ticket if you go more than 9 MPH over. It is not associated with your license and has nothing to do with the actual driver. It happens to be that the camera ticket you were referencing there was my wife as she drives every day through the heart of Brooklyn where there are tons of these cameras.

As far as the cell phone ticket, does that even make sense that anyone with anything on their record would be banned from renting?? Furthermore, I dont think it is even on my record yet because I pleaded not guilty and got a court date for sometime in May (the violation was around last May).