Author Topic: Hyatt question  (Read 289198 times)

Offline JosephM

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hyatt question
« Reply #1200 on: October 06, 2022, 05:22:30 PM »
Just opened a World of Hyatt Business card.  What kind of gcs are available to trigger the $50 credits?  What's the best way to maximize?

Offline Spoon

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 06, 2022, 03:03:02 PM »
Easiest way to extend expiring points?

Offline Spoon

• View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 10, 2022, 02:50:58 PM »

Bump?

Offline Shaya E

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 10, 2022, 03:36:06 PM »
Either open the CC or transfer UR to Hyatt.

Offline Yr18

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Executive Pat, United Premier Platinum
« Reply #1204 on: November 15, 2022, 03:27:43 PM »
Does confidante miami make issues with second guest checkin like other hotels in the area?

Offline Divora M

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 21, 2022, 10:21:52 AM »
How does the Bahamar compare to the Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen including which in house restaurant is better?

Offline nonstoptravel101

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold
« Reply #1206 on: November 22, 2022, 10:27:52 PM »
Anyone with experience transferring points? How long does it take? I can only transfer exact amount needed for the stay?

Offline Darth1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: December 22, 2022, 06:11:30 PM »
Does someone logged in (globalist) get different rates when searching online? (from when searching incognito)
If the room type I want I can only find with cash+points is there any way to get it for only points?

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1208 on: December 23, 2022, 07:55:13 AM »
Does someone logged in (globalist) get different rates when searching online? (from when searching incognito)
If the room type I want I can only find with cash+points is there any way to get it for only points?
no to the first question. Should be able to get it by calling

Offline Darth1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: December 23, 2022, 08:21:16 AM »
no to the first question. Should be able to get it by calling
Thanx for the quick response! Do I need to call the location? Because when I call Hyatt reservations (18002331234) they only give me the cash+points rates.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1210 on: December 23, 2022, 08:51:22 AM »
Thanx for the quick response! Do I need to call the location? Because when I call Hyatt reservations (18002331234) they only give me the cash+points rates.
no it would have to be hyatt reservations. Tell them that a standard room is available and should be able to be booked with points.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #1211 on: January 04, 2023, 01:11:50 PM »
Is this the globalist phone number ? Or how can one find the direct number? Thanks
(800) 544-9288
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline yoohoo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 05, 2023, 07:39:07 PM »
Has the Grand Hyatt Kauai always been hard to book via points? I don't recall having such difficulty in the past

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #1213 on: January 09, 2023, 04:48:59 PM »
Not finding any dates with award space for Secrets Impression Moxché. Am I doing something wrong, or it is not offered?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Gebu18

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 10, 2023, 09:56:27 AM »
Okay, so here goes. I was globalist for the past couple of years (qualifying with 60 nights even with the COVID reduced night requirement). I've been a Hyatt CC holder for a number of years and do almost all my primary spend on the card to earn points and nights, since I primarily stay with Hyatt and like to maintain globalist.

Anyhow, in 2022 I had a total of 56 nights between card nights and actual nights stayed. I booked a reservation for 6 nights that was checking out on January 1. I looked online and everyone seemed to say that stays checked out on Jan 1 will be credited to 2022, and even if not, they should always be able to split the reservation. Stupid me should have confirmed this with Hyatt before hand but I thought it would make no sense to do it any other way so I never bothered to reach out.

Well anyway, I had a six night stay booked which means that even if the last night counted toward 2023, I would still qualify for globalist with 61 nights in 2022 if the 2022 nights count toward 2022. However, hyatt credited all the nights to 2023 which means i missed globalist by 4 nights even though I stayed five nights. I reached out to hyatt and they put in a complaint. I contacted my concierge as well. All to no avail - they won't split the nights up and they wont credit any of them to 2022. I brought up how it really incentivized me to stay at a non hyatt property for my last night of the stay and how ironically that would have helped me qualify for globalist.

Anyone ever have this before? is there anyone I can contactt? it seems really odd that this would be the case. If it is the final resolution, I would be very frustrated. I've earned who knows how many hyatt points over the years, and have hundreds of thousands sitting in my account. I literally just want to take my business elsewhere since this makes no sense.

Offline YOSSI170

• View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: January 11, 2023, 04:05:19 PM »
Not finding any dates with award space for Secrets Impression Moxché. Am I doing something wrong, or it is not offered?

A few weeks back I saw some availability in Feb, now nothing is available! Seems like everything was booked  :(

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 11, 2023, 04:09:17 PM »
Okay, so here goes. I was globalist for the past couple of years (qualifying with 60 nights even with the COVID reduced night requirement). I've been a Hyatt CC holder for a number of years and do almost all my primary spend on the card to earn points and nights, since I primarily stay with Hyatt and like to maintain globalist.

Anyhow, in 2022 I had a total of 56 nights between card nights and actual nights stayed. I booked a reservation for 6 nights that was checking out on January 1. I looked online and everyone seemed to say that stays checked out on Jan 1 will be credited to 2022, and even if not, they should always be able to split the reservation. Stupid me should have confirmed this with Hyatt before hand but I thought it would make no sense to do it any other way so I never bothered to reach out.

Well anyway, I had a six night stay booked which means that even if the last night counted toward 2023, I would still qualify for globalist with 61 nights in 2022 if the 2022 nights count toward 2022. However, hyatt credited all the nights to 2023 which means i missed globalist by 4 nights even though I stayed five nights. I reached out to hyatt and they put in a complaint. I contacted my concierge as well. All to no avail - they won't split the nights up and they wont credit any of them to 2022. I brought up how it really incentivized me to stay at a non hyatt property for my last night of the stay and how ironically that would have helped me qualify for globalist.

Anyone ever have this before? is there anyone I can contactt? it seems really odd that this would be the case. If it is the final resolution, I would be very frustrated. I've earned who knows how many hyatt points over the years, and have hundreds of thousands sitting in my account. I literally just want to take my business elsewhere since this makes no sense.
I never had this before but that is Hyatts offical policy. The stay goes by the check out date.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 11, 2023, 09:08:10 PM »
A few weeks back I saw some availability in Feb, now nothing is available! Seems like everything was booked  :(
I even checked off-season dates and zero.

Offline herb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 11, 2023, 10:08:36 PM »

I feel your frustration. Not that it helps

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 11, 2023, 10:57:03 PM »
I feel your frustration. Not that it helps
Same here. The crazy part is none of the stay was in 2023.