Topic Wiki

Since October 12, 2015, the prepaid REDcard (Redbird) can only be loaded at Target with cash. It can still be loaded online with a bank-issued debit card, up to $200/day and $1K/month.

Therefore, for MS (manufactured spending) Redbird is now considered dead. RIP!

Author Topic: The Target Prepaid REDcard  (Read 1919141 times)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: The Target Prepaid REDcard
« Reply #2440 on: December 26, 2014, 12:55:03 PM »
Yes all my cards are registered under various ppl. I have 45k to recycle. I can only transfer 20k a month to a bank (My and my wfies card each 10k). Is there another way to transfer the money to a bank? Would I increase my risk of being caught if I paid off my CC used to load the red cards with redcards bill pay?
I have 5 cards. I transfer to 3 accounts and request checks on the other 2. They can send you a check directly. Just set yourself up as a payee. Then deposit checks in your account and pay cc bill.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 26, 2014, 01:09:59 PM »
Is there a limit on billpay?  I paid $5k this month and it won't let me do anymore...
Just had the same thing happen to me. Limited me to $5k bill pay. Dont know if it is per payee or in general. I only have one payee. Will try and add another one and see what happens. Seems like its something new.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline LifesGood

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 26, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »
I have 5 cards. I transfer to 3 accounts and request checks on the other 2. They can send you a check directly. Just set yourself up as a payee. Then deposit checks in your account and pay cc bill.
can I have multiple redcard (with different ssn/names) going into one bank account with my name on it.
Or Does the name on the redcard account have to match the name on the bank account its being transferred to.

Offline dan5082030

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 26, 2014, 01:16:38 PM »
What's going on?  I was just by target and I gave them my red card to activate and I put on it $500 they didn't ask me for my name and no info from so it was funny to me so i called the number in back of the card  said they that the card is not active and I gotta go through a whole process faxing many documents.. Anyone can help?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 26, 2014, 01:18:27 PM »
Just had the same thing happen to me. Limited me to $5k bill pay. Dont know if it is per payee or in general. I only have one payee. Will try and add another one and see what happens. Seems like its something new.

Just added a payee and it seems like they have limited the bill pay to $5k total per month. Issued $5k to one payee and tried $100 to another payee didnt allow it.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: December 26, 2014, 01:19:46 PM »
can I have multiple redcard (with different ssn/names) going into one bank account with my name on it.
Or Does the name on the redcard account have to match the name on the bank account its being transferred to.
T&C says the accounts have to match. FWIW I have personal going into business account.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: December 26, 2014, 01:23:09 PM »
What's going on?  I was just by target and I gave them my red card to activate and I put on it $500 they didn't ask me for my name and no info from so it was funny to me so i called the number in back of the card  said they that the card is not active and I gotta go through a whole process faxing many documents.. Anyone can help?

Read pages 156-161 on this thread. many have reported this. If they didnt ask for ID then the SKU is not coming up. They seem to have blocked that SKU in Targets that are in states that do not carry RedCard. You should go back and get a refund first then deal with them about activating. Was it a free Redcard or $5 version? Just collecting data points. Seems that the free ones are an issue more than the $5 cards, which are normally activated before you leave the store.   

Offline donman0303

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: December 26, 2014, 01:24:07 PM »

I was going to do this, but amex told me (a month a go) that you can only transfer/receive  2.5k a month to someone else that has redcards through bill pay/ send money. Meaning my address and name is on file and when I use bill pay to send a check to me from my other account it would not work, but if you are saying it will work this than great :). Thanks.

Offline dan5082030

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: December 26, 2014, 01:28:04 PM »
Read pages 156-161 on this thread. many have reported this. If they didnt ask for ID then the SKU is not coming up. They seem to have blocked that SKU in Targets that are in states that do not carry RedCard. You should go back and get a refund first then deal with them about activating. Was it a free Redcard or $5 version? Just collecting data points. Seems that the free ones are an issue more than the $5 cards, which are normally activated before you leave the store.
I activate 2 card a free one and a $5 one.  What should i do?

Offline dan5082030

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: December 26, 2014, 01:34:04 PM »
Didn't find one that page's about this problem

Offline LifesGood

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: December 26, 2014, 01:37:59 PM »
The $5 card didn't prompt the activation

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: December 26, 2014, 01:53:05 PM »
The $5 card didn't prompt the activation
Im still amazed that someone upthread justified taking a $5 unactivated card without paying. If its $5 how do you take it??? Activated or not they want you to pay for it. It may not ring when you leave the store but its theft IMHO. Am I missing something?

Offline dan5082030

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: December 26, 2014, 01:54:34 PM »
Im still amazed that someone upthread justified taking a $5 unactivated card without paying. If its $5 how do you take it??? Activated or not they want you to pay for it. It may not ring when you leave the store but its theft IMHO. Am I missing something?
I bought this card from ebay

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: December 26, 2014, 01:55:15 PM »
Does it makes sense I just activated my card by target they just charged my card $500 and scan my red card they did not ask me for my name or ID or social security number for nothing they ask me they just charged my card and scan the red card then said its active that make sense?
DONT BOTHER WITH THE FAXING! Im talking from experience they will make you crazy for this document and that document..... but if the receipt doesent have the serial number (sounds like it dosent-cuz it didn't activate) THEY WILL NOT ACTIVATE YOUR CARD!! Just wasted three hours with this!

Offline dan5082030

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: December 26, 2014, 01:56:29 PM »
DONT BOTHER WITH THE FAXING! Im talking from experience they will make youcrazy for this document and that document..... but ifthe receipt doesent have the serial number (sounds like it dosent-cuz it didn't activate) THEY WILL NOT ACTIVATE YOUR CARD!! Just asted three hours with this!
Brrrrr.....  So what should I do?  I bought 2 red cards on eBay.   

Offline dan5082030

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: December 26, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »
Brrrrr.....  So what should I do?  I bought 2 red cards on eBay.
So what does that mean?  It's not possible to activate red card in Brooklyn?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: December 26, 2014, 02:04:52 PM »
I bought this card from ebay
So that makes you culpable for possession of stolen property, not the actual theft. Mazel tov.

Offline dan5082030

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: December 26, 2014, 02:07:29 PM »
So that makes you culpable for possession of stolen property, not the actual theft. Mazel tov.
What?

Offline sruli1234

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: December 26, 2014, 02:37:36 PM »
any info on using an amex cc to load RB?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: December 26, 2014, 02:49:19 PM »
any info on using an amex cc to load RB?
No issue. Used PRG, SPG, Everyday Preferred.  Wish Target was on the Dept. store list for 3% or better yet the 6% on Blue