Topic Wiki

Since October 12, 2015, the prepaid REDcard (Redbird) can only be loaded at Target with cash. It can still be loaded online with a bank-issued debit card, up to $200/day and $1K/month.

Therefore, for MS (manufactured spending) Redbird is now considered dead. RIP!

Author Topic: The Target Prepaid REDcard  (Read 1918491 times)

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: The Target Prepaid REDcard
« Reply #4880 on: February 08, 2015, 06:33:13 PM »
My friend was just told in Valley Stream that he can only load $1000/day.

The end sure seems to be near, my friends. :'( Start getting access to those Androids to set up Serve with Softcard again.

Near 5T - all good. No ft method possible but very pleasant and fast. Card #1 is done for February.

that was for 1500 and Thursday for 2500. Nothing is EVER set in stone.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: February 08, 2015, 07:07:19 PM »
We've hit the peak and are on the way down. Sure, the only thing hard-coded is that FT doesn't work. But, c'mon this doesn't sound just like VR? Certain CVS's, certain managers, certain cashiers, certain times of day, certain daily limits, and next thing you know...

I'm sorry I didn't give everyone the honor of quoting them, but this one has to get picked up:
Nothing is EVER set in stone.
Don't be proud you were successful today. Enjoy it, sure, but don't make generalizations that aren't and won't be true.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #4882 on: February 08, 2015, 07:08:15 PM »
We've hit the peak and are on the way down. Sure, the only thing hard-coded is that FT doesn't work. But, c'mon this doesn't sound just like VR? Certain CVS's, certain managers, certain cashiers, certain times of day, certain daily limits, and next thing you know...

I'm sorry I didn't give everyone the honor of quoting them, but this one has to get picked up:Don't be proud you were successful today. Enjoy it, sure, but don't make generalizations that aren't and won't be true.
I agree. When we do succeed, we are not proving that it will work forever, just that it hasn't died yet.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: February 08, 2015, 07:28:54 PM »

I'm sorry I didn't give everyone the honor of quoting them, but this one has to get picked up:Don't be proud you were successful today. Enjoy it, sure, but don't make generalizations that aren't and won't be true.

Have I made those? On the contrary, my response goes to the consistent "nothing works anymore" , "its over", "1k limit" etc. comments.  I am happy to say that its completely not set in stone yet and others cant start stating how certain limitations are set in stone when they aren't.

I never said it will work forever or that me being able to do it means it always works. All I am doing is responding to the ppl that think all is over that it certainly isnt yet.

My friend was just told in Valley Stream that he can only load $1000/day.

The end sure seems to be near, my friends. :'( Start getting access to those Androids to set up Serve with Softcard again.

That is what I am responding to. Saying that it is not just 1k a day and that if that is the reason you are saying we are nearing the end that is just not true.

Work hard, Play harder!

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: February 08, 2015, 08:47:50 PM »
I was reporting what he was told. He was told he could only load $1K a day, not that it's set in stone because if he went at a different time of day, he'd probably find someone who would do more than $1K. But it shows that 1 more manager is cracking down, 1 more example of it getting a bit more difficult and that means it's on the way down whether you sir care to agree with me or not.

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: February 08, 2015, 09:41:09 PM »
I was reporting what he was told. He was told he could only load $1K a day, not that it's set in stone because if he went at a different time of day, he'd probably find someone who would do more than $1K. But it shows that 1 more manager is cracking down, 1 more example of it getting a bit more difficult and that means it's on the way down whether you sir care to agree with me or not.

That sounds much more like a generalization your friend made then anything I said.

Now I do agree that one more manager, one more cashier etc means it is not getting easier and that in the grand scheme of things RC MS'ing is changing. However, I dont know how comparable this is to Vanilla Reloads. VRC were a product sold in a given store that had nothing to do with CVS. RedCard is a Target product. You think when they thought out the product they didn't think of all the different ways in which it would be used (positive and negative)? I would think that they did. When I think of RC I don't see any way in which they are losing (or losing enough) that it isn't worth the couple (tens of thousands?) cards being used for MS when they get so many more people in to their own location. How many people that didnt or werent shoppers at Target that are going there for MS do you think decide with the 5% off to just walk in while they are there and buy something while there. Or decide to use free shipping + 5% off now that its available. I think many many now do and thats all new business or more business that (I would think) is well worth taking in exchange for some MS.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: February 08, 2015, 09:45:30 PM »
Keep dreaming. You don't think CVS weighed those pros and cons? How about WM? FD?

Offline pixi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: February 08, 2015, 09:47:20 PM »
Time will tell..
money doesn't talk......      it SCREAMS !

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: February 08, 2015, 09:58:53 PM »
Keep dreaming. You don't think CVS weighed those pros and cons? How about WM? FD?

I wont lie, I dont know FD well enough as I wasn't around for that :)

Obviously I hope it stays around for a nice long time. Even if it doesnt, I am sure something new will come around or the old ways will become popular again (MS will always be around). But you really think that RC is going to break down that fast? It isn't even rolled out nationwide yet which I believe was the plan. I certainly hope we have at least a year + but I am happy to hear solid reasons for the contrary. I certainly believe in balance in general anyways. In life as well as in the methods of MSing.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline mdrills

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
« Reply #4889 on: February 08, 2015, 10:01:29 PM »
In the mean time Long live target 15k points this month

Offline JayR

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4890 on: February 08, 2015, 10:02:21 PM »
I have 4 red cards but I always do it very normal I'm not coming to 1 cashier with all cards..  You gotta use your brains...
People please use more cation,  if you will ruin the system they will stop it.

And then:
I'm looking to buy 10 cards...

ROTFL!!
You can modify your original post. The modify button is right next to the quote button.

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: February 08, 2015, 10:54:27 PM »
I wont lie, I dont know FD well enough as I wasn't around for that :)

Obviously I hope it stays around for a nice long time. Even if it doesnt, I am sure something new will come around or the old ways will become popular again (MS will always be around). But you really think that RC is going to break down that fast? It isn't even rolled out nationwide yet which I believe was the plan. I certainly hope we have at least a year + but I am happy to hear solid reasons for the contrary. I certainly believe in balance in general anyways. In life as well as in the methods of MSing.

Ftr,  Fd is still around

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: February 08, 2015, 11:01:35 PM »
Cvs stopped because of the fraud with vr, IINM. So one more manager made up their own rules.  I refer you back to the chicken little predictions of sbs. Hell , on Sat night people were saying it's officially done,evwm as others reported success in the same store. Please, post your experiences and stories, but stop making extrapolation from your one site to the entire nation. Based on that, the NC issues mean that is been dead for 2 months. Barclays center has been more or less dead for weeks, and we all know that they set policy  for the whole country. /rant
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline mdrills

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
« Reply #4893 on: February 08, 2015, 11:05:42 PM »
Y does it seem like this forum is full of a bunch of scared paranoid people (not everyone). Relax and enjoy the ride and if it ends get off and we'll all look for a new one together. It's like a post-mortam for something that might just be a baby whose not sick

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: February 08, 2015, 11:14:03 PM »
Y does it seem like this forum is full of a bunch of scared paranoid people (not everyone). Relax and enjoy the ride and if it ends get off and we'll all look for a new one together. It's like a post-mortam for something that might just be a baby whose not sick
+1
That's the idea!!
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: February 08, 2015, 11:15:12 PM »

+1 was gonna post something like this.
Lets seriously stop worrying about when its gonna die and just enjoy it till it does.
We also really don't need reports of every single persons RC experience today (I don't care if you have to go 10 times bc they only allow $500 a day it does not mean the game is over). If you try and the system blocks it (not your cc company) that is important to note, although at that point we will probably find out very quickly just like the FT method.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #4896 on: February 08, 2015, 11:15:32 PM »
+1
That's the idea!!
That takes all the fun out of it!
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline mdrills

• View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: February 08, 2015, 11:18:16 PM »
It just seems that people get too emotionally effected by something that is a hobby. People seem to forget that all it is is a hobby. Yes it will hopefully help my wife and I fly to Hawaii in 1st class but I realize what it is.

Offline maxie m

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: February 08, 2015, 11:24:11 PM »
It just seems that people get too emotionally effected by something that is a hobby. People seem to forget that all it is is a hobby. Yes it will hopefully help my wife and I fly to Hawaii in 1st class but I realize what it is.
+1,000,000
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline sam i am

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: February 09, 2015, 12:34:41 AM »
The hard code change was probably due to all the people who didn't know how much they loaded and went over the limit and were still charged. This was their solution.