Topic Wiki

Since October 12, 2015, the prepaid REDcard (Redbird) can only be loaded at Target with cash. It can still be loaded online with a bank-issued debit card, up to $200/day and $1K/month.

Therefore, for MS (manufactured spending) Redbird is now considered dead. RIP!

Author Topic: The Target Prepaid REDcard  (Read 1922270 times)

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: The Target Prepaid REDcard
« Reply #5360 on: February 15, 2015, 03:29:00 PM »
I think you are mistaken here. I think that the reason things die first in the Tri-state area are because or a few factors:
1) High concentration of MS, and limited store availability leads stores to notice techniques faster
2) Large fraudster population in the area who are using the same techniques as MS'ers which draws even more scrutiny
3) Not laying blame on DD, but many newbies unfamiliar with a MS technique may try something based on limited knowledge of what they saw Dan post about on the main page, and just expect that it will work no problems and start complaining when it doesn't work how they expected it would. Not intentional, but the impact is that it kills a technique faster.

Obviously this is my opinion, but I think it makes sense. If I didn't live near a major metropolitan area, I would tend to agree with your assessment much more.

I do not recall ever seeing a post on the main Dans Deals page about RC and it being shown as MS technique. Maybe I am wrong and just missed it but if I am right and it wasn't and ppl decided to join DDF and read up on it then there should not be blatant mistakes happening. This thread has a WIKI that is so extensive that it is longer then many threads. In addition, ppl are very friendly and accommodating when it comes to any sort of question in this regard. One should easily be able to research and verify anything one wants to do here before heading out to the store.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #5361 on: February 15, 2015, 03:31:50 PM »
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: February 15, 2015, 03:36:17 PM »
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/53470

:) Thanks and thus I do agree with the prior post to a certain degree. Thanks for pointing it out.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline amk522

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: February 15, 2015, 03:38:36 PM »
:) Thanks and thus I do agree with the prior post to a certain degree. Thanks for pointing it out.

Cool. I wasn't sure if you agreed or disagreed.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: February 15, 2015, 03:41:07 PM »
I have a bridge to sell anyone who thinks loading RB via CC will last. It's not a question of "if," it's a question of "when."

+1. I hope it lasts until next month at least

Offline Maxdeck123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: February 15, 2015, 09:58:41 PM »
Just tried doing a full 2.5k with my SP. Just got it and after 2 1k's it was being denied. Called up and security said we cannot access ur account bc it is being reviewed already by some "upper" authority. Not sure what to do I'm expecting a financial review no? Any advice?!

Offline dealfinder85

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: February 15, 2015, 10:03:16 PM »
Just tried doing a full 2.5k with my SP. Just got it and after 2 1k's it was being denied. Called up and security said we cannot access ur account bc it is being reviewed already by some "upper" authority. Not sure what to do I'm expecting a financial review no? Any advice?!
Move your ur?

Offline srulky

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: February 15, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »
Who here has loaded 20K or more this month without any problems?

Offline Maxdeck123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: February 15, 2015, 10:14:33 PM »

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #5369 on: February 15, 2015, 10:15:23 PM »
I just had my first unsuccessful target run tonight... couldn't get out of my driveway because someone was parked illegally.

PS: the sky is not falling
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Cappy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5370 on: February 15, 2015, 10:28:17 PM »
Why should I do that?

If they shut down your account, you'll lose your UR points

Offline Maxdeck123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: February 15, 2015, 10:32:15 PM »
If they shut down your account, you'll lose your UR points
Moved em.
I just don't understand why it will be shut down? I just got the card, and it won't let me spend not even 3k. For g-d sake I have 7.9k of CL! What's the point then? I have a pretty good established payment with them. How do I handle this?
TIA

Offline Cappy

• View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: February 15, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »
Moved em.
I just don't understand why it will be shut down? I just got the card, and it won't let me spend not even 3k. For g-d sake I have 7.9k of CL! What's the point then? I have a pretty good established payment with them. How do I handle this?
TIA

Did you speak to the fraud department?

Offline DaveInLA

• View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: February 15, 2015, 10:46:07 PM »
I'm having trouble figuring out the pattern for when RB instantly approves the registration, and when they require us to call in to verify our identity. When I applied for my RB a couple months ago, it didn't approve me instantly and I had to call in. I had closed my BB about a week earlier and used a different email address. I purchased the card from a Target store, so the SSN and name should've matched what was entered in the store. I then bought a 3rd party RB for my mom's SSN and that one was approved instantly. My sister bought one from a 3rd party and that one was approved too. She bought one for my dad's SSN and now that one requires a call-in to verify. The only potential pattern I can think of is that for the instant approvals, we didn't enter in the DOB. Is that the determining factor?

Offline Maxdeck123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: February 15, 2015, 10:47:16 PM »
Did you speak to the fraud department?
Ya had to call a few times previously this month, bc of first time use of the CC was for a 1k at target. But after that this was the second time and I had problems after trying for the 500 of 2.5. Called back of the card, they transferred me to security services and they said we cannot currently access ur account as it is under review.....now what?

Offline youkay

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: February 15, 2015, 10:52:14 PM »

Moved em.
TIA
I think you shouldn't worry. I had this exact story with them last week. Tried Doing 1k on the RC and got denied (this is after calling in to allow a big purchase.) After verifying all my information the rep stayed on the line to make sure it goes thru, did 2.5k yay! Then the next day i get a text from chase fraud dept to reply yes/no if i made large purchase at a grocery (which was target.) Realizing somethings wrong because i had already gone thru all this and the rep was on the phone as i was doing these charges. I tried making a small purchase and to no surprise i got denied. Called fraud dept (again) was told that some sort of "senior of security" will be get back to me and my account is under review. After thinking i got nothing to loose, i just called back again and B"H i got the rep to open my account and was assured im good to go!

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #5376 on: February 15, 2015, 10:53:27 PM »
Ya had to call a few times previously this month, bc of first time use of the CC was for a 1k at target. But after that this was the second time and I had problems after trying for the 500 of 2.5. Called back of the card, they transferred me to security services and they said we cannot currently access ur account as it is under review.....now what?
Isn't it possible under review means review for fraud or something, to make sure its not stolen and the like? Hard to imagine you getting A/A'd so quickly. As a side point, it's never a good idea to load up so quickly on a new card IMO.

Offline Maxdeck123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: February 15, 2015, 11:05:16 PM »
I think you shouldn't worry. I had this exact story with them last week. Tried Doing 1k on the RC and got denied (this is after calling in to allow a big purchase.) After verifying all my information the rep stayed on the line to make sure it goes thru, did 2.5k yay! Then the next day i get a text from chase fraud dept to reply yes/no if i made large purchase at a grocery (which was target.) Realizing somethings wrong because i had already gone thru all this and the rep was on the phone as i was doing these charges. I tried making a small purchase and to no surprise i got denied. Called fraud dept (again) was told that some sort of "senior of security" will be get back to me and my account is under review. After thinking i got nothing to loose, i just called back again and B"H i got the rep to open my account and was assured im good to go!
Ya pretty much the exact same thing. Should I HUCA? Is there a number for security directly?
Isn't it possible under review means review for fraud or something, to make sure its not stolen and the like? Hard to imagine you getting A/A'd so quickly. As a side point, it's never a good idea to load up so quickly on a new card IMO.
Thank you.
But also I've been with Chase and have been doing this for several months you'd think they'd have a feel for this sort of thing. The security services said they could get into my account bc it's under special review already and I'll get a call from them tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:18:07 PM by Maxdeck123 »

Offline youkay

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: February 15, 2015, 11:18:58 PM »

Ya pretty much the exact same thing. Should I HUCA? Is there a number for security directly?Thank you.
Just call the # on the back of the card, they should transfer you to the fraud dept.

G-luck!

Offline Cappy

• View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: February 15, 2015, 11:20:46 PM »

In general for loading RC especially if it's a new card, I would advise on making a few purchases before you load the RC.

Always call creditor before you make a large purchase, so to avoid these types of issues