Topic Wiki

Since October 12, 2015, the prepaid REDcard (Redbird) can only be loaded at Target with cash. It can still be loaded online with a bank-issued debit card, up to $200/day and $1K/month.

Therefore, for MS (manufactured spending) Redbird is now considered dead. RIP!

Author Topic: The Target Prepaid REDcard  (Read 1119936 times)

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
Re: The Target Prepaid REDcard
« Reply #6615 on: March 05, 2015, 10:58:56 AM »
Why would they use a section that does not exist for the product at hand? So if Serve has a section 15 E, that should only apply to that product.

Have you considered calling (I know never call) and just mention your account was shut down for being in violation of a policy that does not even exist? I would think AMEX would be smarter than to use a section from another product unless all three products (BB/Serve/Red Card) have the exact same T&C, word for word.
Yes I already did they said they had no info to give me.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #6616 on: March 05, 2015, 11:01:38 AM »
RedCard's website is Amex.serve.com/prepaidredcard, so maybe the T&C's on serve.com should apply to RedCard as well.
Oh so you see that's what I said before there is no 15 E-but yes given that RC and Serve are almost the same your explanation must be right.

Offline STP

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: March 05, 2015, 11:02:08 AM »
RedCard's website is Amex.serve.com/prepaidredcard, so maybe the T&C's on serve.com should apply to RedCard as well.

I'm aware that it runs on the serve platform but the T&C should match word for word, I'm just saying that it seems odd that he is shut down for a product he is carrying based on the T&C of a different product. Even though they both run on the same platform, they are still separate products and if the T&C could be enforced on both products, they should either merge the two T&C or just copy and paste Serve's over to Red Card.

Just seems like a loop hole where if somebody wanted to contest this, they could and would actually have a leg to stand on.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: March 05, 2015, 11:02:48 AM »
So after reading the Serve T&C section 15 E, it still does not make any sense (mind you, I am not smart  :P )

But section 15 E just mentions it is their right to shut you down.
The email states you are in violation of section 15 E.
How can you be in violation of their right to shut you down?

Wouldn't they say something to the affect that they are invoking Section 15 E to close your account?
Yes I agree with what you're saying but we've been through this before yesterday I believe on this thread. They must be invoking 15E just to say they can shut you down.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:12:36 AM by Aj3042 »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: March 05, 2015, 11:03:19 AM »
As you can see above even CM has come around because he says he knows a guy who posted in FT.
Hold your horses there. I said I knew the poster, nothing more. I am still in the hoax camp.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: March 05, 2015, 11:03:43 AM »
I'm aware that it runs on the serve platform but the T&C should match word for word, I'm just saying that it seems odd that he is shut down for a product he is carrying based on the T&C of a different product. Even though they both run on the same platform, they are still separate products and if the T&C could be enforced on both products, they should either merge the two T&C or just copy and paste Serve's over to Red Card.

Just seems like a loop hole where if somebody wanted to contest this, they could and would actually have a leg to stand on.
It's not contestable as the account was shut down already.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: March 05, 2015, 11:04:44 AM »
Hold your horses there. I said I knew the poster, nothing more. I am still in the hoax camp.
Ok what's going to convince you :)? But as I said I'm not trying to convince you of the validity of those. I'm just observing the similarities between mine and theirs.

Offline D.

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: March 05, 2015, 11:05:54 AM »

Ok what's going to convince you :)? But as I said I'm not trying to convince you of the validity of those. I'm just observing the similarities between mine and theirs.
Yours didn't say you couldn't open another one. The FT/VFTW ones did. Try opening another RC and see what happens?

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: March 05, 2015, 11:05:54 AM »

Yes I agree with what you're saying but we've been through this before yesterday I believe on this thread. They must be invoking 15E just to say they can sh*t you down.

Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: March 05, 2015, 11:06:21 AM »
Ok what's going to convince you :)?
The mass shutdowns that one would expect and if that thread was not started by a known liar.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline STP

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: March 05, 2015, 11:07:08 AM »
Yes I already did they said they had no info to give me.

Did they say that you would get a letter detailing their decision? I would not expect this from a bank like AMEX......now BMO Harris is another story  >:(

Also on a side note.....Aj3042....with the shutdowns etc and strange wording in the email(s) I was skeptical. Sorry to hear your account was closed. Hope there is a way for you to get it back, or at least do they mention you being blacklisted from any other "serve" product?

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: March 05, 2015, 11:10:09 AM »
Try opening another RC and see what happens?
Interesting thing is I was told by rep I COULD reopen (I know they don't know what they're talking about). When I tried the system says I can't because i have an existing one. Now the account is definitely closed as you'll see in the pic so that makes no sense.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: March 05, 2015, 11:13:06 AM »

Wheres auto correct when you need it? >:( Fixed it

Offline D.

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: March 05, 2015, 11:14:44 AM »

Hmm maybe he should give it a few days to flow through the system. Or call in a week and ask innocently for help opening. 

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: March 05, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »

Did they say that you would get a letter detailing their decision? I would not expect this from a bank like AMEX......now BMO Harris is another story  >:(

Also on a side note.....Aj3042....with the shutdowns etc and strange wording in the email(s) I was skeptical. Sorry to hear your account was closed. Hope there is a way for you to get it back, or at least do they mention you being blacklisted from any other "serve" product?
Nope no mention at all. Look at what D93 quotes from me in the post after yours. The whole thing with my RC's is very strange no question about it.