Topic Wiki

Since October 12, 2015, the prepaid REDcard (Redbird) can only be loaded at Target with cash. It can still be loaded online with a bank-issued debit card, up to $200/day and $1K/month.

Therefore, for MS (manufactured spending) Redbird is now considered dead. RIP!

Author Topic: The Target Prepaid REDcard  (Read 1892275 times)

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
Re: The Target Prepaid REDcard
« Reply #6600 on: March 05, 2015, 09:25:58 AM »
How many reports have you seen at FT? The first poster is a troll and is part of a MS group that puts out miss information.
I hear I have no idea about that. But I saw at least one other guy say it a few pages down.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: March 05, 2015, 09:29:25 AM »
I hear I have no idea about that. But I saw at least one other guy say it a few pages down.
IIRC it was his first post.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #6602 on: March 05, 2015, 09:51:09 AM »
a
IIRC it was his first post.
Nope look again the OP has 1271 posts and has been there since 2011. Also #159 there is from a guy with 2562 posts from 2003.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: March 05, 2015, 09:53:10 AM »
aNope look again the OP has 1271 posts and has been there since 2011. Also #159 there is from a guy with 2562 posts from 2003.
Forget about the OP, he can't be trusted. I will check the other post.

ETA: Ouch I know that poster.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:59:37 AM by ChaimMoskowitz »

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: March 05, 2015, 10:02:58 AM »
Forget about the OP, he can't be trusted. I will check the other post.

ETA: Ouch I know that poster.
which one? the second one?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: March 05, 2015, 10:04:36 AM »

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: March 05, 2015, 10:06:21 AM »
deant
Hmmm so you see legit guys are saying it. 

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: March 05, 2015, 10:10:33 AM »
Here is the full text of my RC emails. Compare them to the FT one. Keep in mind again that the chargebackwas only on one and that the 2 were under different names. They're compressed hopefully they'll be clear enough.

Offline STP

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: March 05, 2015, 10:35:06 AM »
Here is the full text of my RC emails. Compare them to the FT one. Keep in mind again that the chargebackwas only on one and that the 2 were under different names. They're compressed hopefully they'll be clear enough.

Why is it when you go to read the prepaid red card terms and conditions, there is no section 15 E?
There are only A-D for section 15. Leads me to believe more and more this is a hoax.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: March 05, 2015, 10:36:25 AM »

Why is it when you go to read the prepaid red card terms and conditions, there is no section 15 E?
There are only A-D for section 15. Leads me to believe more and more this is a hoax.
Yes that's what I said before there's no E. But Serve T&C's have E which somebody mentioned before.

Offline kangarruu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: March 05, 2015, 10:37:51 AM »

I'm also uncertain about the shutdowns, but the Serve T&C do have a section 15(e). Could be that they're all the same internally, maybe.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: March 05, 2015, 10:40:05 AM »

As you can see above even CM has come around because he says he knows a guy who posted in FT. So you can believe all you want. I'm telling you mine are real. First off if they were fake I would've made them both the same. Second off I have better things to do than make up emails like that. Of course mine were not shut down over target loads but you can still examine the emails and see that the FT ones are identical to mine.

Offline STP

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: March 05, 2015, 10:50:35 AM »
Why would they use a section that does not exist for the product at hand? So if Serve has a section 15 E, that should only apply to that product.

Have you considered calling (I know never call) and just mention your account was shut down for being in violation of a policy that does not even exist? I would think AMEX would be smarter than to use a section from another product unless all three products (BB/Serve/Red Card) have the exact same T&C, word for word.

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: March 05, 2015, 10:54:10 AM »
Why would they use a section that does not exist for the product at hand? So if Serve has a section 15 E, that should only apply to that product.

Have you considered calling (I know never call) and just mention your account was shut down for being in violation of a policy that does not even exist? I would think AMEX would be smarter than to use a section from another product unless all three products (BB/Serve/Red Card) have the exact same T&C, word for word.
RedCard's website is Amex.serve.com/prepaidredcard, so maybe the T&C's on serve.com should apply to RedCard as well.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:57:15 AM by D93 »

Offline STP

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: March 05, 2015, 10:57:36 AM »
So after reading the Serve T&C section 15 E, it still does not make any sense (mind you, I am not smart  :P )

But section 15 E just mentions it is their right to shut you down.
The email states you are in violation of section 15 E.
How can you be in violation of their right to shut you down?

Wouldn't they say something to the affect that they are invoking Section 15 E to close your account?

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6615 on: March 05, 2015, 10:58:56 AM »

Yes I already did they said they had no info to give me.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: March 05, 2015, 11:01:38 AM »
RedCard's website is Amex.serve.com/prepaidredcard, so maybe the T&C's on serve.com should apply to RedCard as well.
Oh so you see that's what I said before there is no 15 E-but yes given that RC and Serve are almost the same your explanation must be right.

Offline STP

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: March 05, 2015, 11:02:08 AM »

I'm aware that it runs on the serve platform but the T&C should match word for word, I'm just saying that it seems odd that he is shut down for a product he is carrying based on the T&C of a different product. Even though they both run on the same platform, they are still separate products and if the T&C could be enforced on both products, they should either merge the two T&C or just copy and paste Serve's over to Red Card.

Just seems like a loop hole where if somebody wanted to contest this, they could and would actually have a leg to stand on.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: March 05, 2015, 11:02:48 AM »
So after reading the Serve T&C section 15 E, it still does not make any sense (mind you, I am not smart  :P )

But section 15 E just mentions it is their right to shut you down.
The email states you are in violation of section 15 E.
How can you be in violation of their right to shut you down?

Wouldn't they say something to the affect that they are invoking Section 15 E to close your account?
Yes I agree with what you're saying but we've been through this before yesterday I believe on this thread. They must be invoking 15E just to say they can shut you down.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:12:36 AM by Aj3042 »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: March 05, 2015, 11:03:19 AM »
As you can see above even CM has come around because he says he knows a guy who posted in FT.
Hold your horses there. I said I knew the poster, nothing more. I am still in the hoax camp.