Topic Wiki

Since October 12, 2015, the prepaid REDcard (Redbird) can only be loaded at Target with cash. It can still be loaded online with a bank-issued debit card, up to $200/day and $1K/month.

Therefore, for MS (manufactured spending) Redbird is now considered dead. RIP!

Author Topic: The Target Prepaid REDcard  (Read 1891835 times)

Offline bigbadmoish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Target Prepaid REDcard
« Reply #7040 on: March 17, 2015, 03:28:50 PM »
I've been using my EDP to load RC and I keep on getting FA'd I verify my info and do it again the next day. Yesterday I loaded 4k+ (in Howell) and then hit an alert I called them up today and they said I need to send in a pic of my ID in order to verify my account. Ever had this?

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #7041 on: March 17, 2015, 06:41:48 PM »
Monsey
wonder what will happen when I want to pay off my actual target card.
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: March 17, 2015, 10:15:49 PM »
Manager at East Harlem (NYC) today checked my ID multiple times (for multiple swipes).  She also noticed that I was holding a VGC and preemptively told me that I couldn't use it.  And she somehow misheard my last load amount - only off by a dollar, and I didn't want to make a fuss, but it looks like I'll only be loading $4999 this month.

Offline Welder

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: March 17, 2015, 10:29:00 PM »
Newbie report here :)

Just did my first ever loads tonight at targets on 2 REDcards! I'm currently in So. Florida, but north of Miami (not Boca) so I doubt many have gone here before (if any?) to ruin it. Indeed, everything went smoothly, exactly as described in wiki. I got quite a few fraud alerts and declines, called Amex, cleared it and was successful. Throughout the whole process and learning curve - both for me and the store staff! - they were very helpful and patient, and I was very grateful.

Started off with a cashier who was obviously new. She called over the manager who said she hadn't seen those but knew how they worked and showed the cashier. She wanted to know if I got it locally. She looked a bit suspicious but was curious, almost eager, to see if and how it would work, especially with a CC load. I, of course, mentally smirking with knowledge, wasn't curious - just trying to stay casual and innocent.  Manager then asked for my ID and I freaked out because I was using the REDcard in someone else's name. Turns out, she was only verifying that it was my CC. Anyways, it was declined, I tried another few rimes, then another card, and left to go call Amex. I cleared it up and returned to same cashier and successfully loaded 1000, 1000, and 500, much to the cashier's astonishment and amusement. Then I met manager and she asked if it worked and was happy to hear it did. Then went to Customer Care and did again there with my other REDcard (also with a break to take care of Fraud alerts - they are easily triggered apparently).
V'dover Shalooooooooooom L'chol Zar'oh... 

Thanks for reading the whole Megillah.
"We need more welders and less philosophers" — Marco Rubio

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: March 17, 2015, 10:45:18 PM »
Newbie report here :)

Just did my first ever loads tonight at targets on 2 REDcards! I'm currently in So. Florida, but north of Miami (not Boca) so I doubt many have gone here before (if any?) to ruin it. Indeed, everything went smoothly, exactly as described in wiki. I got quite a few fraud alerts and declines, called Amex, cleared it and was successful. Throughout the whole process and learning curve - both for me and the store staff! - they were very helpful and patient, and I was very grateful.

Started off with a cashier who was obviously new. She called over the manager who said she hadn't seen those but knew how they worked and showed the cashier. She wanted to know if I got it locally. She looked a bit suspicious but was curious, almost eager, to see if and how it would work, especially with a CC load. I, of course, mentally smirking with knowledge, wasn't curious - just trying to stay casual and innocent.  Manager then asked for my ID and I freaked out because I was using the REDcard in someone else's name. Turns out, she was only verifying that it was my CC. Anyways, it was declined, I tried another few rimes, then another card, and left to go call Amex. I cleared it up and returned to same cashier and successfully loaded 1000, 1000, and 500, much to the cashier's astonishment and amusement. Then I met manager and she asked if it worked and was happy to hear it did. Then went to Customer Care and did again there with my other REDcard (also with a break to take care of Fraud alerts - they are easily triggered apparently).
V'dover Shalooooooooooom L'chol Zar'oh... 

Thanks for reading the whole Megillah.
The manager had never seen a REDcard ? Wow, wish I lived near there.

Offline the best

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: March 17, 2015, 10:46:30 PM »
just went out the target store from queenes ny . and they say thats its a new role that
they not excepting credit cards any more to load . and even not gift cards .
only debit cards checkes ans cash .
so are the game start to finish ?

Offline yudamaan

• View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: March 17, 2015, 10:49:14 PM »
I've been using my EDP to load RC and I keep on getting FA'd I verify my info and do it again the next day. Yesterday I loaded 4k+ (in Howell) and then hit an alert I called them up today and they said I need to send in a pic of my ID in order to verify my account. Ever had this?
same here,I just opened a edp account about two weeks ago did 1k tired another 1k but it got declined. So i called up amex had to verify info etc. and did another 1k now again they detected a fraud alert, but now they want me to send a notarized id of myself

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: March 17, 2015, 10:52:16 PM »
just went out the target store from queenes ny . and they say thats its a new role that
On this thread it's still alive.
Here it's finishing

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: March 17, 2015, 11:11:27 PM »

which one specifically?

Offline D.

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: March 17, 2015, 11:33:23 PM »

Anyone who lives in a state where Target Prepaid REDcard is not available can find one online at www.redcardresales.com
Can someone be banned for spamming?

Offline redcardresales

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
    • www.redcardresales.com
« Reply #7050 on: March 17, 2015, 11:42:22 PM »
This isn't SPAM. Spam is defined as "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients."

Our messages are not inappropriate or irrelevant. They are sent to a large number of people, just as your posts are.

We offer the Target Prepaid REDcard as a service to others, for competitive prices. These cards were selling for $70 on eBay just 1 month ago. Just because you don't like the post, doesn't mean it is spam.
REDCARD RESALES is proud to offer the Target Prepaid Redcard for sale online at www.redcardresales.com

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: March 17, 2015, 11:43:59 PM »
+1
This isn't SPAM. Spam is defined as "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients."

Our messages are not inappropriate or irrelevant. They are sent to a large number of people, just as your posts are.

We offer the Target Prepaid REDcard as a service to others, for competitive prices. These cards were selling for $70 on eBay just 1 month ago. Just because you don't like the post, doesn't mean it is spam.
you just said it yourself
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: March 17, 2015, 11:44:40 PM »

+25 (at least)

Offline D.

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: March 17, 2015, 11:55:05 PM »

I don't have a problem with the post, it's that you've made 3 posts about your site, including making a brand new thread (seems to be deleted now) when one dedicated to selling RCs already existed.

And I could give you the benefit of the doubt of being new to the forums and being unaware of how it works but I believe in that deleted thread you were educated on the separations of discussion and selling threads.

Also, you should think of less desperate aggressive ways to trumpet your site. A little subtlety goes a long way.

Offline David1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: March 18, 2015, 12:00:50 AM »
Went to load RC at target near Woodbury commons and manager said the max you can load is $500 per day.

Offline killamatic12

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: March 18, 2015, 12:09:19 AM »
Went to load today. So, first of all they had to bring the CS Supervisor to do it and he asked for photo ID. Then when I told him to load 250 he says that there's a max of 1000 daily. After some confusion I had to explain that I'm loading only two hundred and fifty dollars at which point he laughs and says "Oh my bad, cuz people are coming in here everyday trying to load $2,500 in one shot."  ;D
monsey is getting annoying with that. When I went to load 500 the manager told me (right before I swiped) "I almost added an extra zero, that would've been good" I just replied "good for you". and he said "no for you" and I said "have a nice day" with a smile and left. I bet it was the same manager

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: March 18, 2015, 12:25:16 AM »
Went to load RC at target near Woodbury commons and manager said the max you can load is $500 per day.

+5000 on Target next to woodbury used to be a breeze less then 2 weeks ago!
Now they limited it to $500!
Thank you very much to whoever killed for me/us much appreciated!!!

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: March 18, 2015, 12:42:42 AM »
Closest Target to Woodbury Commons is Monroe then Newburgh.

Are you referring to Target in Woodbury NY?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: March 18, 2015, 01:05:44 AM »
Closest Target to Woodbury Commons is Monroe then Newburgh.

Are you referring to Target in Woodbury NY?
Isnt there one in Middletown?
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: March 18, 2015, 01:34:31 AM »
Anyone who lives in a state where Target Prepaid REDcard is not available can find one online at www.redcardresales.com
See signature.
I just found a new supply of forks!