Topic Wiki

Since October 12, 2015, the prepaid REDcard (Redbird) can only be loaded at Target with cash. It can still be loaded online with a bank-issued debit card, up to $200/day and $1K/month.

Therefore, for MS (manufactured spending) Redbird is now considered dead. RIP!

Author Topic: The Target Prepaid REDcard  (Read 1892234 times)

Offline reed

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Target Prepaid REDcard
« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2014, 07:55:34 PM »
The making of a gadol....megillas lester.....etc. etc.

lord

Offline arid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2014, 08:17:06 PM »
the app for a REDcard®: Target Debit Card asks for alotta info. are we sure there is no credit check to get one?

Offline MC

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2014, 08:19:11 PM »
the app for a REDcard®: Target Debit Card asks for alotta info. are we sure there is no credit check to get one?
This isn't the same card

Offline yudamaan

• View Profile

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2014, 08:23:42 PM »

The card thats being handeled yetzt is the american express prepaid redcard. This is not a card that can be singed (or signed for that matter) up for online rather only purchased in a participating target store. Uber hub nisht kain moireh i made the same exact mistake.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:55:05 PM by reed »

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2014, 08:26:05 PM »

Thanks, so the nafka minah between the prepaid redcard and the AFT seems to be the fees.

Offline Hatastah

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2014, 10:21:18 PM »
I have somebody in MD picking up a RedCard for me. Are they meant to activate it? Does that mean it's under their name? Can they take it without activating it? In short...How does it work? :)

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 23, 2014, 01:25:45 AM »
I have somebody in MD picking up a RedCard for me. Are they meant to activate it? Does that mean it's under their name? Can they take it without activating it? In short...How does it work? :)

C'mon dude read the thread. It's all been asked before

Offline jsmithj88

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 23, 2014, 01:27:58 AM »
since u can load with CC's and GC's
is it safe to assume AGC's can be loaded as well?

Offline dudi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
« Reply #209 on: October 23, 2014, 07:10:52 AM »
http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/prepaid-redcards.9382/ read the third part it seems to be that the loading by credit card is not officially supposed to happen the question is if it's a mistake or are they just waiting to get it rolling and then they will block CC's (Chas veshalom).
Also if you read more some of them seem to think you can use it out of target did anyone else know this? Is it true?
ETA: a good point is that no one on those forums is mentioning that people are using it for spending thresholds.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 07:22:44 AM by dudi »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2014, 07:39:08 AM »
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2014, 07:45:19 AM »
http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/prepaid-redcards.9382/ read the third part it seems to be that the loading by credit card is not officially supposed to happen the question is if it's a mistake or are they just waiting to get it rolling and then they will block CC's (Chas veshalom).
Also if you read more some of them seem to think you can use it out of target did anyone else know this? Is it true?
ETA: a good point is that no one on those forums is mentioning that people are using it for spending thresholds.
Firstly, that person who mentions the $3.00 load fee is clearly mixing it up with the Amex for target.

And yes, it can be used outside of target because it's just like any other prepaid reloadable card that can be used anywhere. Only loadable via cc at target.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline SRM

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2014, 08:02:02 AM »
going to MD this weekend hope to stock up if ill have any left ill post here and will be giving them out for free! please don't PM me now

Please have me in mind as well. I would love one. TIA

Offline SrulyP

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Emerald EE; Hertz five star; Avis Five Star
« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2014, 09:37:07 AM »
Can you open up more than one redcard at a time?

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2014, 09:55:27 AM »
Can you open up more than one redcard at a time?
One per social security #.
however, unregistered, you can get more than one. even with using your same ss # at the register. (But per Dan's experience, not on the same day)
^^^

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 23, 2014, 10:12:09 AM »
They say negative publicity is the best advertisement!! Thanks it really helped!!!
I doubt anyone says that
Burger King, Spirit Air

Offline gavhaller

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
« Reply #216 on: October 23, 2014, 10:32:03 AM »
If anybody else lives on those areas and would love to help out a fellow MSer pm me. I'll pay for the card,  not a lot lol. But something

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2014, 10:32:19 AM »
I am having some difficulty with registering my new Target RedCard PrePaid.  I'm hoping someone can help me, and maybe this will be useful data point for others.

I purchased the (temporary) card at a MA Target yesterday. $5 fee.  Loaded it with $500 from a Chase CC.  The purchase of the temporary card required them to scan my driver's license, which brought up my name and address.  I entered my real birthdate but entered my social security # off by one digit.  (not sure that was a good or bad idea, but it didn't seem to matter at the time.). 

After I got the card home, I went online to register it.  I entered the card number, the 4-digit security code, and my birthdate.  It found my account, prepopulated with my name, address and birthdate.  I changed all the information to my wife's information.  I got to the end and submitted the information to register.  It gave me the error that "you have a BlueBird account and can't have both."  I then had my wife cancel her BlueBird by phone with the BlueBird agent, and her BlueBird account seems closed (I have checked online, but she never got the email that Dan mentioned he got).  I tried to register it again for her, but it still says she has Blue Bird.

So, I'm wondering if the RedCard is actually seeing MY BlueBird account and preventing the registration on that basis?  It seems unlikely, because I never entered my real Social into RedCard.  I called RedCard people and they say you can't switch information from what is entered in the store...but that flies in the face of what I'm reading online, so I suspect the CSA is wrong.

I may be stuck with this temporary card and need to just unload it and start over with a new RedCard for my wife (having her accompany me to target so they can scan her DL).  I know Dan says he has never had to show ID, but that seems not to be the case in MA.  I wonder what would happen if I said I didn't have a DL?

I hope this is helpful.  If anyone has suggestions, please fire away, but I think I'll just need to start over.
--Zow

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2014, 10:34:21 AM »
I am having some difficulty with registering my new Target RedCard PrePaid.  I'm hoping someone can help me, and maybe this will be useful data point for others.

I purchased the (temporary) card at a MA Target yesterday. $5 fee.  Loaded it with $500 from a Chase CC.  The purchase of the temporary card required them to scan my driver's license, which brought up my name and address.  I entered my real birthdate but entered my social security # off by one digit.  (not sure that was a good or bad idea, but it didn't seem to matter at the time.). 

After I got the card home, I went online to register it.  I entered the card number, the 4-digit security code, and my birthdate.  It found my account, prepopulated with my name, address and birthdate.  I changed all the information to my wife's information.  I got to the end and submitted the information to register.  It gave me the error that "you have a BlueBird account and can't have both."  I then had my wife cancel her BlueBird by phone with the BlueBird agent, and her BlueBird account seems closed (I have checked online, but she never got the email that Dan mentioned he got).  I tried to register it again for her, but it still says she has Blue Bird.

So, I'm wondering if the RedCard is actually seeing MY BlueBird account and preventing the registration on that basis?  It seems unlikely, because I never entered my real Social into RedCard.  I called RedCard people and they say you can't switch information from what is entered in the store...but that flies in the face of what I'm reading online, so I suspect the CSA is wrong.

I may be stuck with this temporary card and need to just unload it and start over with a new RedCard for my wife (having her accompany me to target so they can scan her DL).  I know Dan says he has never had to show ID, but that seems not to be the case in MA.  I wonder what would happen if I said I didn't have a DL?

I hope this is helpful.  If anyone has suggestions, please fire away, but I think I'll just need to start over.
--Zow
When people were switching from BB to serve I know people were having issues even after closing their BB account, so maybe this is the same type of thing.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2014, 10:37:29 AM »
I had that yesterday too. You can also give them something a few other documents instead ask them to send you the email

Just social Sec card or medicare insurance card for that section. Doesn't help me.
"Not all who wander are lost"