Author Topic: 1,000,000 SPG Points - Good Use  (Read 7923 times)

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 1,000,000 SPG Points - Good Use
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »
Like i said, unless you have a very large business you can run through the card, it is not so easy to amass such a large SPG balance. SPG does not really offer bonus categories or really allow for churning the relatively low signup bonus. Other programs are much easier to accrue miles/points in.

+1 unless they are selling visa gift cards at SPG hotel gift shops, you are churning for 1 point per dollar, and they're not worth 2 cents... so it's not worth putting 6 mil spend on versus united club, or even arrival or 2% cb cards. If this is true and not photoshopped then it just shows tens of thousands of dollars in value being left on the table. Unless someone can solve this riddle and show me where I'm missing something.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Re: 1,000,000 SPG Points - Good Use
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2014, 10:30:56 AM »
+1 unless they are selling visa gift cards at SPG hotel gift shops, you are churning for 1 point per dollar, and they're not worth 2 cents... so it's not worth putting 6 mil spend on versus united club, or even arrival or 2% cb cards. If this is true and not photoshopped then it just shows tens of thousands of dollars in value being left on the table. Unless someone can solve this riddle and show me where I'm missing something.
It could be the person did not/does not understand the value of points and is just using the SPG card as they know no better.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
1,000,000 SPG Points - Good Use
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2014, 10:36:34 AM »
are there other cards from AMEX that are better to put the spend on?
Also without bringing CB in the equation if I had a chance to get that quantity of miles I would go for Starwood