Topic Wiki

https://squareup.com/i/40456CBB
Square Up is now offering to process $1,000 in credit card sales without fees (both swiped and key-ed in transaction fees will be waived)  for new Square customers.
You will receive free processing on up to $1,000 (total, not per month)in credit card transactions for the first 180 days. Afterwards, you pay the standard 2.75% per swipe for all major credit cards. 3.5% + $0.15 for manually entered transactions.
« Last edited by freddy on February 04, 2017, 04:44:50 PM »

Author Topic: Square Up - Process $1,000 in credit card sales without fees for new customers  (Read 146434 times)

Offline princea143

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
How many accounts can one person open? Tied to SS# or phone number?

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Tied to SS#
Need a link?  :D

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
How many accounts can one person open? Tied to SS# or phone number?
Tied to SS#
true that you can only make one personal account under your SSN, but if you have a few EIN's, you can make a new account for each EIN

Offline princea143

• View Profile

Tied to SS#
Need a link?  :D
I apparently already had one since March. Found out when I used someone's referral code from here. Contacted CS and they won't give me a credit. Haha will try again. Worst case, I just use this to refer with.

Offline princea143

• View Profile

true that you can only make one personal account under your SSN, but if you have a few EIN's, you can make a new account for each EIN
I only have one but my parents have a few. Let me try to maximize. How many do you have? Lol

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
IMHO 2-3 a day (and mix a real cc into the transactions every now and then). But maybe I'm just being paranoid!
You are not paranoid I got shut down after 3 days of just 1-3 gc without any cc's
(I'm not sure if I even did 3 in one day it may have only been 2)
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline YG

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Any info on whether it's a risk to have two square accounts linked to same checking account t?

Offline Miracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Any info on whether it's a risk to have two square accounts linked to same checking account t?
I have mine and my wife's and so far no issues... bli ayin hara, poo poo poo :)

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile

Hello B,

To ensure the financial security of both you and your customers, we need to verify some additional information about your account.

Unfortunately we cannot deposit funds to your bank account until we verify this information, although you will still be able to accept payments using Square during this period. Our goal is to resume deposits to your bank account as quickly as possible. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

For more information about this form and the verification process, please see the following article: Support Center.

To verify your account, please do the following:

1.Log in to the "Square Dashboard": https://squareup.com/login from a computer.
2.Click "Begin verification" next to the alert icon at the top of the page.
3.Please answer the verification form with as much detail as possible. If you are unsure what to send, provide any documentation relevant to your business or transactions. You can upload documents directly through the questionnaire or fax them to us. Please make sure your documents are clear and legible.
4.Click "Submit."

Once you've completed the form, you'll receive an email confirmation and should expect to hear back from us within one to two business days.

If you have questions regarding the form, or are unsure what documentation to send, please call +1-855-700-5000 and have your customer code ready: 389-951-879-832. We're available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT. Please note that our Account Services representatives can only assist with the verification process and not with any other issues.

We realize the difficulty this may cause and we want to resume deposits to your bank account as soon as possible.

You can also visit our "Support Center": https://squareup.com/help.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. We hope to make this process as easy as possible so you can get back to business.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Square Account Services

Offline ah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile

Hello B,

To ensure the financial security of both you and your customers, we need to verify some additional information about your account.

Unfortunately we cannot deposit funds to your bank account until we verify this information, although you will still be able to accept payments using Square during this period. Our goal is to resume deposits to your bank account as quickly as possible. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

For more information about this form and the verification process, please see the following article: Support Center.

3.Please answer the verification form with as much detail as possible. If you are unsure what to send, provide any documentation relevant to your business or transactions. You can upload documents directly through the questionnaire or fax them to us. Please make sure your documents are clear and legible.
4.Click "Submit."

Once you've completed the form, you'll receive an email confirmation and should expect to hear back from us within one to two business days.

If you have questions regarding the form, or are unsure what documentation to send, please call +1-855-700-5000 and have your customer code ready: 389-951-879-832. We're available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT. Please note that our Account Services representatives can only assist with the verification process and not with any other issues.

We realize the difficulty this may cause and we want to resume deposits to your bank account as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. We hope to make this process as easy as possible so you can get back to business.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Square Account Services
Sorry buddy

Offline Miracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile

Hello B,

4.Click "Submit."

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Square Account Services
Why's this a problem? They just want to verify your bank account because they automatically deposit your funds. It takes a day or two. I don't think this is a problem. They're just going to deposit like $0.49 and take it out to confirm it's legit.

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
Seems like more than bank account verification.

They sent me to a form asking for documents verifying nature of business. I used my fathers business name, the business hasn't operated in about 10 years. I don't think I'm even gonna try.

I did a single key-in transaction via invoice for $492.96 from TD GO about 5 minutes after opening the account.

Can I just refund the card at this point?

Offline D93

• View Profile
Can I just refund the card at this point?
yes. And the refund will post on your card in 2-3 days

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
So I filled out the form,  put in blank images saying "NONE AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT" where they requested documents, and provided a Yelp url showing the business existed but is closed.  I initiated a refund.

2/3 accounts still ok, bH.

Offline D93

• View Profile
So I filled out the form,  put in blank images saying "NONE AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT" where they requested documents, and provided a Yelp url showing the business existed but is closed.  I initiated a refund.

Why? Just ignore the email and no need to fill out any forms

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
Nothing to lose, maybe they'll approve the account.

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Will amex or MC gift cards work as well?

Offline princea143

• View Profile
for Android? This should work - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squareup
If it doesn't, first download "fake GPS" - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lexa.fakegps - set your location to USA and then download the square app

Any apps for iPhones similar to this?

Offline D93

• View Profile
Will amex or MC gift cards work as well?
yes. i've done them also

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile

Turns out, I shouldn't have rushed to refund.

Hello B,

We’re sorry to inform you that we are deactivating your account. Our Account Services team reviewed your account and found a pattern of transactions associated with high-risk activity.

For further information about our policies, you can review section 42 of the Square Seller Agreement.

We regret that, starting today, you will no longer be able to process transactions using Square.

Any funds currently in your account will be deposited to your linked bank account within one to two business days. Typically funds will be shown in your account the following business day after they have been deposited, but keep in mind that each bank's policies are different so it may take a little longer. You'll receive an email as soon these funds have been sent to your bank.

Unfortunately, our decision to deactivate your account is final. Due to security reasons and the obligations of our agreements with card networks and other financial institutions, we cannot reverse this decision and are unable to provide additional details.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Square Account Services