Author Topic: Costco Furniture  (Read 1595 times)

Offline eis517

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG, United
Costco Furniture
« on: April 23, 2015, 10:26:25 AM »
Hi,

Has anyone bought furniture from Costco or Costco.com/.ca? I am looking to buy a dining room set and am interested in the quality.

Thanks!

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Costco Furniture
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »
Hi,

Has anyone bought furniture from Costco or Costco.com/.ca? I am looking to buy a dining room set and am interested in the quality.

Thanks!
Although I've never bought furniture from Costco, IME everything they sell is usually high quality. And if not, or something happens to it along the way, you can always return it.

I'll sometimes buy a similar item, even when it costs a little more, from Costco rather than elsewhere. This way if anything happens, or I decide I don't want it at any time in the future, I can always return it.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline somefield

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 01:22:34 PM »
Hi,

Thanks!

I purchased a dining room set from Costco about 4 years ago. The table top came scratched so we called and they sent a replacement within 2 days.
I am not sure which set you are looking at but overall the set I purchased is comparable in quality to others that i looked at that were 2k-3k more expensive. The wood in both the armchairs and tabletop are solid and are pretty heavy and i added coasters/sliders to make the table move around easier.  The tabletop is really easy to pull apart and add the leaf. Since the design pattern was really nice I had someone make a custom glass tabletop cover so that I can "show" it without a tablecloth on and not worry that it'll scratch.
As for the chairs...
I've found that the armchairs needed frequent tightening of the hex screws until i dabbed a couple of drops of loktite and that seemed to fix it. The cushions are nothing to write home about and they "sank-in" and did not bounce back after about 6 months of use. I plan on reupholstering the cushions and possibly add springs in the future.
Good luck!

Offline eis517

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG, United
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 01:36:29 PM »
I purchased a dining room set from Costco about 4 years ago. The table top came scratched so we called and they sent a replacement within 2 days.
I am not sure which set you are looking at but overall the set I purchased is comparable in quality to others that i looked at that were 2k-3k more expensive. The wood in both the armchairs and tabletop are solid and are pretty heavy and i added coasters/sliders to make the table move around easier.  The tabletop is really easy to pull apart and add the leaf. Since the design pattern was really nice I had someone make a custom glass tabletop cover so that I can "show" it without a tablecloth on and not worry that it'll scratch.
As for the chairs...
I've found that the armchairs needed frequent tightening of the hex screws until i dabbed a couple of drops of loktite and that seemed to fix it. The cushions are nothing to write home about and they "sank-in" and did not bounce back after about 6 months of use. I plan on reupholstering the cushions and possibly add springs in the future.
Good luck!

Thanks so much for the info. Can I ask which set you got?

Offline somefield

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 01:58:26 PM »
Thanks so much for the info. Can I ask which set you got?
Your welcome! Addison 9 piece collection.