Author Topic: Nashville  (Read 17071 times)

Offline Adam101

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Nashville
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 09:00:47 PM »
When I was in Nashville last day of chanukah I went to the big Shul there for mincha/maariv. They did two things that were really interesting but I didn't ask as no one came over to say hi. Peculiar. I just heard that the rabbi there is a asher weiss 'talmud' (lehavdil). Of course if I would have known I wouldn't have gone. The fact is most of the community is elderly and wouldn't know exactly what's going on. They're just happy to have someone young and fresh. Anyone in the know?

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2016, 09:08:26 PM »
I was surprised to see this thread in my recent updates topics. Then I remembered... LOL
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline ethana

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2016, 08:18:53 PM »
highly recommend aryeh's kitchen- a kosher food truck that just opened.

Offline Adam101

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2016, 08:59:46 PM »
highly recommend aryeh's kitchen- a kosher food truck that just opened.
Couple months too late. Interesting they didn't open in the Kroger where they have a surprisingly large kosher selection already.

Offline ethana

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2016, 09:09:23 PM »
sorry, my first foray here. think its meant for the college crowd.

Offline Adam101

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2016, 09:16:25 PM »
sorry, my first foray here. think its meant for the college crowd.
So it's near Vanderbilt U. Stayed NY the Chabad there. Nice. Not such a large crowd... Hope they have hatzlacha.

Offline DP7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2017, 07:56:34 AM »
Google turned up Grins Vegetarian Cafe (at Vanderbilt's Hillel)

Is Grins hecsher reliable?

Offline ygygold

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2019, 05:58:49 PM »
Is Grins hecsher reliable?
Bump. Anyone knows?

Offline David1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2019, 07:37:46 AM »
Anyone know of kosher restaurant in Nashville? What recommendations do you for must do’s?

Offline ethana

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »
used to be a food truck and indian place

Offline David1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2019, 09:32:30 AM »
Just got back from our trip to Nashville. Really enjoyed and toured around to many sites. Regarding kosher food, We ate at Grins, Aryeh's Kitchen (Food Truck), AVO, and Woodlands Indian. We were also able to get wine at Wine Chap next to Publix Belle Meade. Grins had dairy food; sandwiches, wraps, mac and cheese, and salad. Food was good but expect a long wait to order and to receive order. Restaurant is in the Vanderbilt College campus. Aryeh's Kitchen (food truck) is also on the Vanderbilt campus. He has a couple items on the menu but food was good and the only meat place in or around Nashville. We happened to go on a day when he was extremely busy and he ran out of bread and forks :D We ordered the Shawarma and pulled beef sandwich. Portions are not very large even though we paid for double the beef. Avo is a very unique place. Its a fully vegan restaurant with a very interesting menu, unlike any I have seen before. We ordered the nachos and a different sandwich for each of us. Three out of four of us were happy with our meal. People were nice and food was good. Lastly we went to Woodlands Indian Cuisine. So to preface this, I have never been to an Indian restaurant before. The people are really nice and helpful but the food was not something we really liked. I guess I'm just not a fan of Indian food. It wasnt that the food was bad it just wasnt flavors and foods I really enjoyed.

In regards to tours, we traveled and toured everyday. On the first day we landed in BNA and checked into our hotel. After checking in and settling in we made our way to Nashville at about 4pm. We took a walk on Broadway passing all the bars and musicians playing stopping at a couple places to listen to the bands play. We then went over to the Music City Walk of Fame which is in a park near the Country Music Hall of Fame. Many stars of Country music singers, reminded me of the Hollywood walk of fame. At this point the sun began to set so we decided to take a walk over to the John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge to catch the gorgeous sunset. With the sun reflecting off the water and Nissan stadium in the background on one side and the trees on the other side this was an awesome site to see. At this point we were hungry after a day of traveling we went on our way to Woodlands Indian.

The next morning we went on our way back to Nashville to began a full day of touring. We started with the RCA Studio B Tour and Country Music Hall of Fame ticket combo. We boarded a bus to RCA Studio B. Took a guided tour explaining the history of the studio. After the tour ended we were taken back to the Country Music Hall of Fame and spent the next couple hours going through the museum. Very interesting museum with so much to see. I am personally not a big county music fan but found this museum to be really nice and enjoyable. We then made our way over to Antique Archaeology (American Picker's Store) in the Marathon Motor Works building. Since we enjoy the tv show we figured why not check out the store. Things at the store are mostly pricey but we went to just take a look as fans. After we walked through the building stopping at a couple of stores and stumbled upon a Moonshine tasting. Tried some moonshine and continued onto our next stop the Parthenon. I visited the Parthenon in Greece but was really cool to enjoy this full size replica in Nashville. A great site to see. Made our way to AVO to eat and then went back to the Hotel for Shabbos.

After Shabbos we pre-purchased tickets to the Grand Ole Opry. If your able to go you should go. Packed house and a great experience. Singing was awesome and the place was rocking. Sunday Morning we began our trip to President Jackson's Hermitage. Huge piece of land Jackson purchased and lived on. Really enjoyable and historical. Guided tour through Jackson's Mansion and I recommend you take the Wagon tour as well through the property. We then went back to Broadway to listen to some more bands and called it a night. On Monday we started with the Nashville Zoo. Very big zoo with a lot to see. Some animals werent out because it was too hot. Overall really nice place. We then made our way to Nelson's Green Brier Distillery for a tour and tasting. Would highly recommend. Fun place, great guide, and great tasting. We then went to Aryeh's Kitchen for some food and went souvenir shopping and went back to the hotel. On Tuesday, out last day in Nashville we pre-booked a tour to Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg, TN. One of the highlights of the trip. We booked the Angel tour and had a guided tour through the distillery and ended off with a tasting in the barrel house. This was Awesome, Fun, Enjoyable and worth the drive. At the end of the tour after you tasted five Jack Daniels Products you get to keep a really nice Glass bourbon cup. We shopped at their gift shop and had a bottle engraved for us. We then made our way to Grins to eat before we went to the Airport.
Overall we really enjoyed Nashville.

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2019, 12:33:17 PM »
Great TR! I loved Nelson's Greenbrier Distillery and they had a groupon when I went that made it basically BOGO. There is also a groupon for the Belle Meade Plantation Segway Tour which I would highly recommend. If you want to try shooting, we had a great time at the Nashville Gun Club. When we went on a weekday afternoon, it was empty and the staff were friendly and welcoming to us Yankee Yidden.

Offline jewdkoff

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2020, 05:04:35 PM »
This is really amazing! Thank you for the TR
Just got back from our trip to Nashville. Really enjoyed and toured around to many sites. Regarding kosher food, We ate at Grins, Aryeh's Kitchen (Food Truck), AVO, and Woodlands Indian. We were also able to get wine at Wine Chap next to Publix Belle Meade. Grins had dairy food; sandwiches, wraps, mac and cheese, and salad. Food was good but expect a long wait to order and to receive order. Restaurant is in the Vanderbilt College campus. Aryeh's Kitchen (food truck) is also on the Vanderbilt campus. He has a couple items on the menu but food was good and the only meat place in or around Nashville. We happened to go on a day when he was extremely busy and he ran out of bread and forks :D We ordered the Shawarma and pulled beef sandwich. Portions are not very large even though we paid for double the beef. Avo is a very unique place. Its a fully vegan restaurant with a very interesting menu, unlike any I have seen before. We ordered the nachos and a different sandwich for each of us. Three out of four of us were happy with our meal. People were nice and food was good. Lastly we went to Woodlands Indian Cuisine. So to preface this, I have never been to an Indian restaurant before. The people are really nice and helpful but the food was not something we really liked. I guess I'm just not a fan of Indian food. It wasnt that the food was bad it just wasnt flavors and foods I really enjoyed.

In regards to tours, we traveled and toured everyday. On the first day we landed in BNA and checked into our hotel. After checking in and settling in we made our way to Nashville at about 4pm. We took a walk on Broadway passing all the bars and musicians playing stopping at a couple places to listen to the bands play. We then went over to the Music City Walk of Fame which is in a park near the Country Music Hall of Fame. Many stars of Country music singers, reminded me of the Hollywood walk of fame. At this point the sun began to set so we decided to take a walk over to the John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge to catch the gorgeous sunset. With the sun reflecting off the water and Nissan stadium in the background on one side and the trees on the other side this was an awesome site to see. At this point we were hungry after a day of traveling we went on our way to Woodlands Indian.

The next morning we went on our way back to Nashville to began a full day of touring. We started with the RCA Studio B Tour and Country Music Hall of Fame ticket combo. We boarded a bus to RCA Studio B. Took a guided tour explaining the history of the studio. After the tour ended we were taken back to the Country Music Hall of Fame and spent the next couple hours going through the museum. Very interesting museum with so much to see. I am personally not a big county music fan but found this museum to be really nice and enjoyable. We then made our way over to Antique Archaeology (American Picker's Store) in the Marathon Motor Works building. Since we enjoy the tv show we figured why not check out the store. Things at the store are mostly pricey but we went to just take a look as fans. After we walked through the building stopping at a couple of stores and stumbled upon a Moonshine tasting. Tried some moonshine and continued onto our next stop the Parthenon. I visited the Parthenon in Greece but was really cool to enjoy this full size replica in Nashville. A great site to see. Made our way to AVO to eat and then went back to the Hotel for Shabbos.

After Shabbos we pre-purchased tickets to the Grand Ole Opry. If your able to go you should go. Packed house and a great experience. Singing was awesome and the place was rocking. Sunday Morning we began our trip to President Jackson's Hermitage. Huge piece of land Jackson purchased and lived on. Really enjoyable and historical. Guided tour through Jackson's Mansion and I recommend you take the Wagon tour as well through the property. We then went back to Broadway to listen to some more bands and called it a night. On Monday we started with the Nashville Zoo. Very big zoo with a lot to see. Some animals werent out because it was too hot. Overall really nice place. We then made our way to Nelson's Green Brier Distillery for a tour and tasting. Would highly recommend. Fun place, great guide, and great tasting. We then went to Aryeh's Kitchen for some food and went souvenir shopping and went back to the hotel. On Tuesday, out last day in Nashville we pre-booked a tour to Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg, TN. One of the highlights of the trip. We booked the Angel tour and had a guided tour through the distillery and ended off with a tasting in the barrel house. This was Awesome, Fun, Enjoyable and worth the drive. At the end of the tour after you tasted five Jack Daniels Products you get to keep a really nice Glass bourbon cup. We shopped at their gift shop and had a bottle engraved for us. We then made our way to Grins to eat before we went to the Airport.
Overall we really enjoyed Nashville.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2020, 05:07:06 PM »
What's not to miss in Nashville?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2020, 01:02:16 PM »
The Grand Ole Opry and Ryman Auditorium are big draws. Check the schedule for performers/tickets and to be aware of potential kol isha. Honky tonking down Broadway going into different bars with live music is everyone's favorite pastime in Nashville. If you want to hear great country music without all the noise on Broadway, check out the Station Inn which is a little bit off the main drag but still walkable to downtown. If you like history, Belle Meade Plantation and Fontanel Mansion provide insight into the Antebellum South. Country Music Hall of Fame is a big attraction but tickets are pricey and frankly, unless you're a big fan you will probably have more fun going to hear the music in bars than learning about it.

Offline ltttc

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2020, 04:34:11 PM »
I wouldn't miss the tour of Andrew Jackson's house. Also we stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel (Marriott) and loved every minute of it

Offline tmendy226

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2020, 09:34:25 PM »
Bump. Anyone knows?

It’s not.

Chovevei Torah...

Only reliable is Aryeh’s kitchen food truck

Offline ltttc

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 09:49:18 PM »
I met the guy who runs the food truck. Nice, young, helpful Chabad guy. IMHO the food is simple and overpriced. We bought pom frozen food and it worked out great. (Actually the Chabad guy helped us reheat it in the shul's kitchen and we ate it in their huge dining room)

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2020, 06:37:03 PM »

Only reliable is Aryeh’s kitchen food truck
Who is the Rav Hamcashir?

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2022, 10:55:25 AM »
I'm glad the Grand Hyatt know how to treat Globalist.