Topic Wiki

The AA Advantage Executive Platinum number with almost no waiting time has ended. Had to wait 16 minutes. Does anyone have the new good number?

According to Wiki in "Starwood Starpoints Transfer To Airline Miles Master Thread" Starwood > Aerplan transfers..."Aeroplan - Names don't need to match. - Usually takes about a day and half to 2 days to transfer."

Author Topic: Aeroplan Master Thread  (Read 210440 times)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: Aeroplan Master Thread
« Reply #520 on: February 06, 2018, 10:42:31 PM »
There is availability on UA on every flight from KRK to WAW for 8k on the date I'm looking at and no availability on AC at all. There is also availability in J for WAW-JFK on UA and on LH but not on AC.   
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Online travel agent

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 07, 2018, 07:12:26 AM »
There is availability on UA on every flight from KRK to WAW for 8k on the date I'm looking at and no availability on AC at all. There is also availability in J for WAW-JFK on UA and on LH but not on AC.

from KRK to WAW you can take the train for $10, its only 2 hours, so its the same time as a flight + checkin time.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 07, 2018, 07:15:02 AM »
from KRK to WAW you can take the train for $10, its only 2 hours, so its the same time as a flight + checkin time.
Missed the point entirely.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Online travel agent

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 07, 2018, 07:16:49 AM »
just explaining, that its not worth to bother about booking the flight.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 07, 2018, 07:20:11 AM »
just explaining, that its not worth to bother about booking the flight.
I appreciate that there are alternatives. The point was that AC cannot book LO, short haul or long haul. I dont specifically need just KRK-WAW. I need KRK-WAW-JFK. And whether you split them or marry them AC cannot book LO, period.

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: February 07, 2018, 07:41:01 AM »
Missed the point entirely.
Would you rather they book you what UA shows and awhile later LO come back and cancel your segments?

It makes sense they closed that bridge (hopefully temporarily) while they sort out their issues.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 07, 2018, 07:49:01 AM »
Would you rather they book you what UA shows and awhile later LO come back and cancel your segments?

It makes sense they closed that bridge (hopefully temporarily) while they sort out their issues.
So you're saying I shouldnt bother booking on LH either? Shows availability on LH and was gonna use 52.5k + ~$130. Wouldnt mind being reaccomodated on LH without the YQ.

Trying to make sure my son doesn't end up stranded in Poland near the Polish death camps. There, Duda, I said it. Arrest me.  ;D

Offline lubaby

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 07, 2018, 07:52:28 AM »
So you're saying I shouldnt bother booking on LH either? Shows availability on LH and was gonna use 52.5k + ~$130. Wouldnt mind being reaccomodated on LH without the YQ.
If you’re open to flying on LO, then I’d certainly book with LH. If they honor it, you get what you paid for. If they don’t, you get a happy alternative.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 07, 2018, 07:56:50 AM »
If you’re open to flying on LO, then I’d certainly book with LH. If they honor it, you get what you paid for. If they don’t, you get a happy alternative.
Its the best alternative. Just need to call M&M because its a mixed cabin booking not showing up online.

Offline Coinguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 11, 2018, 01:11:01 PM »
If I find LH availability on UA and AC can I book with AC? Or are they still unable to?

What’s Aeroplan’s cancellation policy for flights a few days out?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 11, 2018, 01:18:14 PM »
If I find LH availability on UA and AC can I book with AC? Or are they still unable to?

Why not? They are unable to book LO, not LH. And there is a fee to cancel close in $150CAD IIRC

Offline lubaby

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 11, 2018, 01:51:50 PM »
And there is a fee to cancel close in $150CAD IIRC

250 CAD.

Aeroplan does not allow redeposit of miles within 22 days of travel, so you’d first have to pay 100 CAD to change the flight to outside of the 22 days, then pay 150 CAD redeposit fee. Reps will usually do this all for you in 1 transaction / phone call, however it’s still the 250 CAD fee.

You also have the option of cancelling and leaving the miles as a credit (to be used within 1 year), and then at the time of rebooking just pay the 100 CAD change fee. If in 11 months you still haven’t used the credit, you can pay the 250 CAD then to redeposit.

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 11, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »

250 CAD.

Aeroplan does not allow redeposit of miles within 22 days of travel, so you’d first have to pay 100 CAD to change the flight to outside of the 22 days, then pay 150 CAD redeposit fee. Reps will usually do this all for you in 1 transaction / phone call, however it’s still the 250 CAD fee.

You also have the option of cancelling and leaving the miles as a credit (to be used within 1 year), and then at the time of rebooking just pay the 100 CAD change fee. If in 11 months you still haven’t used the credit, you can pay the 250 CAD then to redeposit.
Can often get them to waive one of the two fees if you do both at the same time.

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 14, 2018, 05:49:21 PM »

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 14, 2018, 05:54:30 PM »
First off it would be 85k at a minimum. And it would be an invalid multi-city itinerary.
So what does it mean that "Some agents may allow you to stopover in Israel on the way to another region for the lower cost of flying to the other region.”?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 14, 2018, 06:02:06 PM »
So what does it mean that "Some agents may allow you to stopover in Israel on the way to another region for the lower cost of flying to the other region.”?
I have no clue what he meant. I can speculate that if the third region is cheaper than the second then you get the lower fare. I tried doing something like that last week JFK zrh lhr zrh tlv JFK was the only valid routing they would allow me. Any other combination of those created open drawers that were impermissible. Agent was very knowledgeable and knew exactly what created an open jaw or stop over which is not allowed on a OW.

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 14, 2018, 06:14:22 PM »
I have no clue what he meant. I can speculate that if the third region is cheaper than the second then you get the lower fare. I tried doing something like that last week JFK zrh lhr zrh tlv JFK was the only valid routing they would allow me. Any other combination of those created open drawers that were impermissible. Agent was very knowledgeable and knew exactly what created an open jaw or stop over which is not allowed on a OW.
It's a quote from Dan, which to me sounds like some agents will let you stopover in Israel and then continue to Europe for the price of NYC-Europe??

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 14, 2018, 06:18:42 PM »
It's a quote from Dan, which to me sounds like some agents will let you stopover in Israel and then continue to Europe for the price of NYC-Europe??
Its a quote from where? Dan never says those words in the post. He is also asking a question based on the quote.

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 14, 2018, 07:08:59 PM »
Its a quote from where? Dan never says those words in the post. He is also asking a question based on the quote.
Dan says it in the post, read it again.