Topic Wiki

-Use VRBO/Airbnb and rent a condo with a private pool

-Try to avoid the larger touristy locations. I.E., when travelling to the Bahamas instead of going to Nassua try a different, more secluded island.

-Try colder destinations (E.G. Canada, Alaska, Mountain areas, etc.)

-Even in warmer areas, non beach destinations are always better (E.G. Arizona, Utah, etc.)

Author Topic: Pritzus Free - Tznius Getaways and Tips  (Read 34154 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Pritzus Free - Tznius Getaways and Tips
« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2022, 03:38:33 PM »
Still not as tznius as this guy:

Ami would make those into capris and add a yarmulka.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2022, 06:44:25 PM »
Ami would make those into capris and add a yarmulka.

And tzitzis inside the shirt
Visibly Jewish

Online jye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Kashrus of exotic destinations- shemiras einayim
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2022, 10:47:21 AM »
Agreed.

@jye Please let us know what your standards are.

Going to Miami is ok not on the beach, what about the women not tznius on the plane at the airport?

Last time I was at MIA there were multiple women in swimsuits at baggage claim. Does that rule out the destination in the future for you?

The more we know the more we can help find the right place for you.

All jokes aside I’d like to address a common misconception about these halachos.
The Gemara is undisputed and is brought down in שולחן ערוך and all later poskim without dispute:
עוצם עיניו מראות ברע א"ר חייא בר אבא זה שאין מסתכל בנשים בשעה שעומדות על הכביסה היכי דמי אי דאיכא דרכא אחריתא רשע הוא אי דליכא דרכא אחריתא אנוס הוא לעולם דליכא דרכא אחריתא ואפ"ה מיבעי ליה למינס נפשיה

What is considered ליכא דרכא אחריתא is a huge gray area with far reaching implications that is discussed in the poskim. For example Rav Moshe in אהע״ז נ״ז allowed Rabbi Bursztein (Rabbi Burztein of Lakewood fames father), an older man, to go to a beach (Rabbi Bursztein’s brother told me it was the Rockaways) despite the clientele there for specific health needs. See there for Rav Moshe’s idea that in some cases the איסור may be דרבנן.

There are a wide range of halachic opinions on the issue that have implications for going to trade shows, working in mahhattan, going on a bus or plane, etc. Many of these situations are indeed considered ליכא דרכא אחריתא particularly where Parnassa is concerned, even if there is a kosher (but more onerous) workaround. Obviously many people will have different standards in this area, and each can be valid  al pi halacha.

This does not mean that everything in this area is personal choice and preference so one guy takes off his glasses on Forest Ave in Lakewood, another goes to the airport where there are immodestly dressed women, and a thirds simply takes it up a notch and hangs out at an immodest venu without further thought. Rather there is a definite level of איכא דרכא אחריתא that is not subject to personal choice and preference and is אסור without dispute. This level should of course be clarified with ones Rav and moreh derech.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 10:50:24 AM by jye »

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2022, 11:28:00 AM »
For this reason I book a window seat whenever possible.  Much easier to avoid seeing things I don’t want to see even if they are right next to me.  I fly approximately twice a month.
Why I only fly J or more lechumra, AA F transcontinental single seats
Great place for this thread - and the reason it's extremely popular - Banyan Tree Mayakoba.

Recently my friend pointed out how he felt much more comfortable on his Mexico vacation than his trip to Miami. And he's right.
Cabo is not Cancun and Mexico is a large and varied country, as is Miami vs NMB.
steer clear of the clothes optional pool at the Ventana
Before you get scared, it's more like don't seek it out than steer clear in my experience.

In general, I find that classy, expensive places are generally more tzniusdig

Online elazarb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2022, 10:35:48 PM »
for a private beach near lakewood, after 5:30 you can go to beaches in mantaloking by going straight down cedarbridge untill the end, then turn right or left and find a private spot. Been there and you can find empty beaches. Not on Sunday

Offline Aps

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2022, 12:41:47 PM »
Are the private pools truly private there?
Not all of them are completely private, most are and mine was. But on the free gondola boat ride that the hotel offers through the river that goes around the hotel you pass some other roooms and theres trees blocking them, but not all of them are blocked do well.
my room was blocked well and it also wasnt on the route of the boat

Offline luv2trvlwithfam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2022, 05:04:03 AM »
Great place for this thread - and the reason it's extremely popular - Banyan Tree Mayakoba.

Recently my friend pointed out how he felt much more comfortable on his Mexico vacation than his trip to Miami. And he's right.

are there outdoor activities in the mayakoba area?
hiking, bike riding, scuba, ziplining?

thanks!