Author Topic: CVS to impose $2,000/day limit as of 10/27/14  (Read 31011 times)

Offline David R

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: CVS to impose $2,000/day limit as of 10/27/14
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2017, 02:58:49 AM »
Ok, I'll ask the stupid question. What's the benefit here for adding funds to a Vanilla gift card? I assume that's what everyone is talking about. Is there a card that gives 5x points for drug stores? Is there some way to cash out without simply spending the money?
Benefit might be to quickly meet a spending requirement for a signup bonus or retention bonus or to earn points on cards where the percent earned exceeds the fee. Yes and yes.

Offline David R

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2017, 02:55:52 PM »
Do the CVS locations inside Target in Colorado sell Visa gift cards?

Offline lechatchileh ariber

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2017, 03:20:35 PM »
Can use DL for $2k and Passport for another $2k

Just an FYI for people that care. I am not recommending this, but came across it on the interwebs.

i think they only accept state issued id

in our's they swipe the license, so this way all CVS's are made aware of the daily $2k limit. Perhaps the passport cannot be scanned by CVS?

They can manually enter the info but AFAIK it is extremely difficult to get more than one form of ID to work.

+1

from all my reading it seems if they enter your address once with the passport and it matches the DL then you are out of luck

it's just meant as a method of an individual's ID to limit to $2K per day instead of people going to 3 cvs locations....

So all this sounds like talking, does anyone have experience using a passport?

Not going to look for my old posts right now, was either here or in the serve thread, but I successfully circumvented the 2k limit in this manner. I have an Australian passport so the guy had no clue what to do with it, but eventually he figured it out. (At first he actually didn't think I was allowed to use a passport as id, then he had to manually enter it or override? because only us (and Canada?) passports scan in their system.
I don't sin, I give myself opportunities to repent.

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2017, 03:31:28 PM »

Not going to look for my old posts right now, was either here or in the serve thread, but I successfully circumvented the 2k limit in this manner. I have an Australian passport so the guy had no clue what to do with it, but eventually he figured it out. (At first he actually didn't think I was allowed to use a passport as id, then he had to manually enter it or override? because only us (and Canada?) passports scan in their system.

Glad I have 3 passports then...Not worth it for me though generally to hit up multiple stores in one day... Did you do it with the same cashier as the first 2k on DL?

Offline lechatchileh ariber

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »
Glad I have 3 passports then...Not worth it for me though generally to hit up multiple stores in one day... Did you do it with the same cashier as the first 2k on DL?
That much I can't remember
I don't sin, I give myself opportunities to repent.

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2017, 05:28:20 PM »

so is the state driver's license linked up digitally with the US Passport at 2 CVSs for purchase history?
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2017, 05:38:31 PM »
i have 2 passports and 2 state id's
so i can buy x4 ? ???

Offline David R

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2019, 05:09:11 AM »
CVS declined my credit card when I tried to pay for about $1K of GC. When I called the bank that issued it, they saw the attempt but insisted that it was the store register that rejected it, not the bank.

I can speculate on what may have caused them to reject it but I was wondering if anyone can provide some concrete information about which of these (or which combination of these) would actually cause it to be rejected.
The card is an Amex issued by Citi.
It does not have an EMV chip.
The transaction was about 1:30am.
After I swiped, the display prompted me to hand the card to the cashier, who was prompted to enter the last 4 digits of the card number. It is possible that the cashier mistakenly entered the 4 digits printed above the card number instead. On the second attempt when the correct digits were entered, it may have already been flagged.

Do the CVS locations inside Target in Colorado sell Visa gift cards?
Last time I checked, they didn't.
I also tried to buy GC at what was at the time (and may still be) the first and only CVS in CO outside of Target. The cashier refused to accept credit card payment, but it was in the middle of the night; perhaps the day shift would have accepted it.