Author Topic: List of all Credit Card Master Threads  (Read 691006 times)

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: List of all Credit Card Master Threads
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 04:04:10 PM »
I vote make @Yehuda a mod!

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 04:09:57 PM »
Woohoo I second that!

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
You mean he isn't yet?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 09:27:23 PM »
Took 5 hours and this thread is already on the second page on the board, in effect lost into oblivion. Guess that proves it isn't so useful after all.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 09:30:19 PM »
Took 5 hours and this thread is already on the second page on the board, in effect lost into oblivion. Guess that proves it isn't so useful after all.
It's now back on the first.  :). That's why it's gotta be stickied at the top. It's a very useful thread.

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 11:49:20 PM »
It's now back on the first.  :). That's why it's gotta be stickied at the top. It's a very useful thread.
i guess someone should bump every day  ;)
#TYH

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 12:41:12 PM »
i guess someone should bump every day  ;)
Bump? I think this is my last time. If the mods don't think it's useful enough, then I'm not going to keep trying.

Offline Welder

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 01:09:10 PM »
"We need more welders and less philosophers" — Marco Rubio

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 01:11:49 PM »

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 01:19:44 PM »
Bump? I think this is my last time. If the mods don't think it's useful enough, then I'm not going to keep trying.

I'll give a bump from time to time  :)

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 01:22:56 PM »
This is the only eitzah

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2014, 01:49:47 PM »
Wow, nice wiki!
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 08:29:21 PM »
Wow, nice wiki!
Thank you. Just used this thread the find the BA thread, but I had to scroll down to find this thread, so that didn't really save much time.

Ok, maybe I should just outright ask for it. I didn't put this wiki together for the fame of saying I got a wiki stickied (that sounds funny). I'm also not asking to be a mod. I just think this thread would really be helpful if it was stickied to the top of the board. Could you please do that?

/RTM

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 09:24:46 PM »
Thank you. Just used this thread the find the BA thread, but I had to scroll down to find this thread, so that didn't really save much time.

Ok, maybe I should just outright ask for it. I didn't put this wiki together for the fame of saying I got a wiki stickied (that sounds funny). I'm also not asking to be a mod. I just think this thread would really be helpful if it was stickied to the top of the board. Could you please do that?

/RTM
Awesome wiki!!  If it were stickied I'd use it.  I now 1) click on CC comparison chart page 1 to see what exists then 2) I back click to the CC category, 3) type in the name of the CC in the search box, 4) need to READ THROUGH all the listings, 5) click on the master thread.

Instead, I could just click on your CC master thread sticky and then on my specific CC master thread link.  This is a no brainer efficiency step IMO.  OTOH, you or the mods could make a little box next to each CC that is part of a master thread on the already existing CC comparison chart.  If no one is willing to do that addition to that wiki, this thread is the answer.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »
Awesome wiki!!  If it were stickied I'd use it.  I now 1) click on CC comparison chart page 1 to see what exists then 2) I back click to the CC category, 3) type in the name of the CC in the search box, 4) need to READ THROUGH all the listings, 5) click on the master thread.

Instead, I could just click on your CC master thread sticky and then on my specific CC master thread link.  This is a no brainer efficiency step IMO.  OTOH, you or the mods could make a little box next to each CC that is part of a master thread on the already existing CC comparison chart.  If no one is willing to do that addition to that wiki, this thread is the answer.
Thanks. The Comparison wiki also doesn't have links for most of the DDF threads.

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 10:45:52 PM »
Thanks. The Comparison wiki also doesn't have links for most of the DDF threads.
Correct.  That is why either it has to be added to it (since that sticky exists already) or use this thread (which has the wiki links already in place).

Offline mawmaw

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 11:23:03 PM »
i was looking for this thread today this should be added to the top

Offline how

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 12:56:43 AM »
Boy a whole thread discussing the merits of sticking the thread

Great wiki it should be added to an existing sticky thread

to many stick threads crowds up the board

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 01:08:21 AM »
I just spent too much time analyzing the existing threads that list links to CCs.  My conclusion is that this thread has the most complete list that has been put together thus far, but would be redundant if an existing wiki were modified.

The CC Comparison Chart and DD's CC Applications Link threads are only for current CC links.  That defeats our purpose of a comprehensive list of reference links.  The obvious place to put this list would be the Start Here: Links to CC Threads thread.  It has most of Yehuda's thorough list, but it is intermingled with other CC links. 

If the Start Here wiki were modified to add 1) one heading for all the CC Bank threads, 2) the additional US Bank link and 3) master thread links that Yehuda painstakingly found, then Yehuda's wiki  has been replicated.  :'(  (Will you  still talk to me @Yehuda? Your TRs are awesome too!)

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 10:43:26 AM »
Great wiki it should be added to an existing sticky thread
to many stick threads crowds up the board
It's not related to any of the existing stickied threads, so it would not make sense to add it to any of those.
I agree, there are too may stickied threads (already, forget adding this one). I would vote to remove the others. (Yeah! That's how obnoxious I am!)

The obvious place to put this list would be the Start Here: Links to CC Threads thread.
But then, as I said before, it wouldn't be anywhere near DDFers who don't check the newbie thread and are in the CC board looking for the Hyatt Master Thread. No offense taken, as you'll see in a second, I think you can question the value of something without attacking its creator.

Essay Time

Shall we go through it? (This is not at all an attack against the creators of those threads, just against the need for them.)

1) PSA - do we really need an entire line of the CC board dedicated to reminding us not to be idiots and swipe cards for other people? Maybe that thread is relevant to the 10 newbies who show up here a month, but to make it stickied? C'mon.
2) CC Comparison Chart - with all due respect to yuneeq, this is a cool chart, but it's simply too hard to maintain as the information changes so often. I don't think it should be solely his responsibility to maintain, but I also don't think it's even worth maintaining as it's easier just to go into a CC's thread and ask "what's the current offer?" Many of the links in the wiki are dead and many offers are not updated to what they currently are. Take a look if you don't believe me. Additionally, why is this wiki "sticky-worthy"? We'll get to that in a minute.
3) DD Links - Obviously, Dan would like to have a stickied thread of his links, and I hope people do click on them when applying for cards. Although, I think the thread should be just that. A wiki of his current links (obviously his job to update them), but none of the other random posts in there. I think that thread should be locked.

So what's the point of stickied threads in a forum?
I think a stickied thread should serve the function of (1) making a board easier to navigate (2) bringing something to the reader's attention that may otherwise go unnoticed and is useful for most people while being hard to find a search.

1) PSA - accomplishes neither of these purposes.
2) CC Comparison - a useful chart that people may not know exists if it wasn't stickied. However, again, because of its maintenance difficulty, I don't think it should remain stickied.
3) DD Links - without being stickied, people may not know it exists and will be unlikely to search the forums for Dan's links, if they could even find them. They will likely just Google "current BA offer" and go to Chase's direct link. Hence, I vote it stays - for the sake of the man who runs the show.
4) CC Master Threads - accomplishes the purpose of making the board easier to navigate. Perhaps, if the wiki could be organized into a cleaner table, more links should be included - like a section on MS threads, Retention threads, etc. But if it starts to look anything like this, I'd delete it and just stick to the CC thread links.
5) Random Q's - something that's useful for people (and I bet would see a lot more use if it was stickied) while also being practically impossible to find in a search (as you'd have no idea what search terms to use).

My two cents.