Author Topic: Trip for Kohanim  (Read 1040 times)

Offline pbitcke

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Trip for Kohanim
« on: October 20, 2014, 06:08:34 PM »
Total Noob here, but I've been reading/following for a long time.

Anyone know of an organized trip to Poland, Germany, Lithuania, Hungary etc that is specifically designed for Kohanim? I know there a variety of tour groups out there (Heritage, Nesivos, Mesorah, March of the Living) that do special tours for groups and many kohanim go and sit out on the parts they cannot do... but as a kohen, I've never wanted to pay for a trip that requires sitting on the side for the most powerful moments.

I've always wanted to go on an organized tour where everyone has the same concerns and it's focused on the parts that are okay for kohanim. If none exists, anyone think there's a market for it and it'd be worth trying to get others to join (and working with a travel agent)?

Offline VacationLover

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Trip for Kohanim
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 07:25:04 PM »
Total Noob here, but I've been reading/following for a long time.

Anyone know of an organized trip to Poland, Germany, Lithuania, Hungary etc that is specifically designed for Kohanim? I know there a variety of tour groups out there (Heritage, Nesivos, Mesorah, March of the Living) that do special tours for groups and many kohanim go and sit out on the parts they cannot do... but as a kohen, I've never wanted to pay for a trip that requires sitting on the side for the most powerful moments.

I've always wanted to go on an organized tour where everyone has the same concerns and it's focused on the parts that are okay for kohanim. If none exists, anyone think there's a market for it and it'd be worth trying to get others to join (and working with a travel agent)?
I've never seen an ad for a trip for Kohaanim. But why go with a tour? Do it yourself! Its cheaper and muuuuuch more fun!

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:27:24 PM »
What would exactly be the point of such a tour for you, if you wouldn't be able to go to any of the Kevorim?

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:31:06 PM »
The holocaust history (the camps).

I went with heritage and although one of the rebbeim on the trip was a kohen and I only went where he went, I didn't feel comfortable at all. Eastern Europe is covered in our ancestors blood and really not a place for kohanim
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »
Tours are sometimes really nice. Especially for these sort of trips.
"Not all who wander are lost"