Author Topic: Best Way Transfer Contacts from Android to IOS  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Best Way Transfer Contacts from Android to IOS
« on: May 06, 2015, 10:50:54 AM »
I'm trying to help someone out setup their new iPhone. I didn't realize you can can't bluetooth them. It doesn't seem that they are save to the SIM, and we already cut the Micro SIM to a NANo SIM. Besides for that the simplest way would be if the contacts where all synced to his Google/Android account, but their not. I tried connecting his Galaxy S3 via wifi to have it sync, but I cant seem to get it done. Are contacts unable to be synced over Wifi? Is there any other way to transfer all his contacts?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Best Way Transfer Contacts from Android to IOS
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 10:55:46 AM »
I'm trying to help someone out setup their new iPhone. I didn't realize you can can't bluetooth them. It doesn't seem that they are save to the SIM, and we already cut the Micro SIM to a NANo SIM. Besides for that the simplest way would be if the contacts where all synced to his Google/Android account, but their not. I tried connecting his Galaxy S3 via wifi to have it sync, but I cant seem to get it done. Are contacts unable to be synced over Wifi? Is there any other way to transfer all his contacts?

Download a contacts backup app and then attach them to an email account. Then you can just add the account to the iphone.
That's one way to do it.

There may be an easier way. I'm just not super iphone savvy.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 11:07:52 AM »
Any recommendation for such an app?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline yitrap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 11:11:08 AM »

Contacts can definitely be synced over WiFI go into the account settings make sure contacts are enabled and hit sync now

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 04:13:26 PM »
He switched phones because the galaxy got damaged. The wifi doesn't seem to be working. Would he be able to get a new Micro SIM, copy contacts to SIM, cut to nano SIM size, install to iPhone, and copy contacts? or because its differen format that wont help?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:45:08 PM by Thingywingy »

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 06:05:03 PM »

He switched phones because the galaxy got damaged. The wifi doesn't seem to be working. Would he be able to get a new Micro SIM, copy contacts to SIM, cut to nano SIM size, install to iPhone, and copy contacts? or because its differen format that wont help?
I wouldn't transfer via SIM card, it'll mess up the contacts, borrow someone's SIM and use cellular data to back it up.

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 06:46:03 PM »
I had an issue with android not syncing names so I used this app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.ivary.ContactsSyncFix
Once it's synced to Google it should be simple

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 11:03:23 AM »
The wifi doesn't seem to be working. Would he be able to get a new Micro SIM

You can get an adapter for the sim card so that it will fit into the S3.

I got one from the T-Mobile store for $10.

Offline Iassdft

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 10:03:26 PM »
Using Google account (like Gmail, Google Play ) to help transfer contacts from android to iPhone. So make sure you have backed up your Android phone. Go to Settings on your Android phone and choose "Accounts and Sync" or similar. Enter your GMail account details and enable synchronisation. Your android phone contacts will synchronise Google Contacts .
Then go to your new iPhone. Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and add your Gmail account. Then you can sync your Google contacts to iPhone.
how to transfer contacts to new phone

Offline satturn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kotel Security Pass
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 03:27:30 AM »
Using Google account (like Gmail, Google Play ) to help transfer contacts from android to iPhone. So make sure you have backed up your Android phone. Go to Settings on your Android phone and choose "Accounts and Sync" or similar. Enter your GMail account details and enable synchronisation. Your android phone contacts will synchronise Google Contacts .
Then go to your new iPhone. Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and add your Gmail account. Then you can sync your Google contacts to iPhone.
how to transfer contacts to new phone

In google contacts you can export the contacts as a file that can be uploaded into icloud etc. Or i think if you set your google account as your main iphone account- i think it can syce in place of the icloud account. But you cant have both.