Author Topic: Free Verizon Unlimited Data Plans  (Read 16854 times)

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Free Verizon Unlimited Data Plans
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 10:21:35 AM »
Thanks.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline jdougal

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • Webdesign
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 10:22:11 AM »
I'm also interested to know.

If I'm reading correctly, if I wanted 450 mins talk & text on a single line $60/mo (talk and text) + $30/mo (for unlimited data) for a total of $90/mo?

What if wanted two phones, that would cost $180/mo?

ETA: If I understand your post above, if I wanted two phones, I'd get, say, 700 minutes for $100/mo (talk & text) + $30/mo (unlimited data) + whatever data the second phone wanted, right? So $130 + whatever per month?

Correct, the 700 min tal/text would be $100, your second line is already included in that price. You then would have $30/mo unlimited and $30+/month for 2GBs and the options go up for the second line. So you'd be at $160+ for two lines. Now if you wanted I could just transfer you two unlimited lines and then it'd be $160 no matter what and your bill would never go uo unless you went over your minutes. But as far as text and data you'd have no limits.

Offline jdougal

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • Webdesign
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 10:23:11 AM »
Just wanted to add I don't work for Verizon so I'm just going off my previous knowledge and experience.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 10:24:12 AM »
I don't understand. How many can you handle? At the moment is seems you are just selling 1 or 2 of them? http://www.cafr.ebay.ca/usr/jmcdougal02?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
This makes it seem very shady. Without knowing where these came from and why one would give them away I'd be very skeptical of this.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline jdougal

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • Webdesign
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 10:27:18 AM »
I don't understand. How many can you handle? At the moment is seems you are just selling 1 or 2 of them? http://www.cafr.ebay.ca/usr/jmcdougal02?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

What do you mean by how many can you handle?
The auction you posted is for a double plan I currently have. Overnight I sold 2 single lines.

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »

Correct, the 700 min tal/text would be $100, your second line is already included in that price. You then would have $30/mo unlimited and $30+/month for 2GBs and the options go up for the second line. So you'd be at $160+ for two lines. Now if you wanted I could just transfer you two unlimited lines and then it'd be $160 no matter what and your bill would never go uo unless you went over your minutes. But as far as text and data you'd have no limits.
But then i cant use upgrades.

If i have one 2gb phone qand one unlimited phone ur always eligable for the two upgrades ;)
am i wrong?
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline jdougal

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • Webdesign
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 10:31:05 AM »
But then i cant use upgrades.

If i have one 2gb phone qand one unlimited phone ur always eligable for the two upgrades ;)
am i wrong?

Nope not wrong at all :)
That is the downside with the unlimited. You have to buy your own phones. That means prior to transferring you need a Verizon phone to transfer the line to it. Then whenever you want to buy a new phone you have to turn to Swappa or eBay because you can not upgrade the unlimited line as they will force you to a newer plan.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 10:39:44 AM »
What do you mean by how many can you handle?
The auction you posted is for a double plan I currently have. Overnight I sold 2 single lines.
You said you have more than you can handle. So why do you only have 2 auctions on your eBay account?

It's like I told you I have too much money to handle so please take some. Is it not?

Why all of a sudden do you have to unload these? Is Verizon catching on to something?

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 10:56:36 AM »
Nope not wrong at all :)
That is the downside with the unlimited. You have to buy your own phones. That means prior to transferring you need a Verizon phone to transfer the line to it. Then whenever you want to buy a new phone you have to turn to Swappa or eBay because you can not upgrade the unlimited line as they will force you to a newer plan.
or i can transfer my upgarde to another line?

Offline jdougal

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • Webdesign
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »
You said you have more than you can handle. So why do you only have 2 auctions on your eBay account?

It's like I told you I have too much money to handle so please take some. Is it not?

Why all of a sudden do you have to unload these? Is Verizon catching on to something?

Oh I see what you meant. The thing is I am getting more of these then I can unload. You can only have 5 lines on your account, I have three phones myself. So that leaves 2 lines to move around. I have several people who I buy this for in bulk and recently they're bringing in more then I can unload. Also with the eBay sales people are slow to act. So that leaves me with a line stuck for 2-3-4 days and I can't do anything while they sit and wait to transfer. With only two openings that's a big deal. So that's why I have more coming in then I can handle. That's where the freebies come in. If you can take it over within a few hours of me contacting you, its yours for free. It's win win for everyone in my eyes.

Offline jdougal

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • Webdesign
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2014, 11:16:41 AM »
or i can transfer my upgarde to another line?

You can transfer upgrades. There was a loophole, where you kept a dumb phone line, then bought a new smartphone and moved it to your UDP line. However they recently closed that where if you buy a smartphone the data plan comes with it for two years. However this doesn't close the loophole that you would create. If you have a line already on 2GB tiered data, you wouldn't care if it stayed on 2 GB tiered data for two more years. So you could have two upgrades every two years.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 12:37:31 PM »
Oh I see what you meant. The thing is I am getting more of these then I can unload. You can only have 5 lines on your account, I have three phones myself. So that leaves 2 lines to move around. I have several people who I buy this for in bulk and recently they're bringing in more then I can unload. Also with the eBay sales people are slow to act. So that leaves me with a line stuck for 2-3-4 days and I can't do anything while they sit and wait to transfer. With only two openings that's a big deal. So that's why I have more coming in then I can handle. That's where the freebies come in. If you can take it over within a few hours of me contacting you, its yours for free. It's win win for everyone in my eyes.

Ok starting to make some more sense. Still not sure where these are coming from...

If I add this to a line on a family account where most phones have unlimited. Will this effect anything of the main account?

Does adding this to an account restart the 2 year contact phone upgrade?

Offline jdougal

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • Webdesign
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »
Ok starting to make some more sense. Still not sure where these are coming from...

If I add this to a line on a family account where most phones have unlimited. Will this effect anything of the main account?

Does adding this to an account restart the 2 year contact phone upgrade?

Since most phones are unlimited, I'm assuming that you have an old Nationwide plan? If that is correct, then you can easily add one of these lines. You could add it to a sub-account on your line or you can just add it to your family account.

On your other numbers? The upgrade would not be effected. The line has a two year contract, which after two years will have its own upgrade. The other numbers are not effected.

Offline braves18

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 05:56:56 PM »
Spoke to someone on ebay he told me that in order to keep my same Verizon # I need to transfer my # to google voice and the next day can transfer it back to vzw that would mean I would have to pay the early termination free of $350 being that I just going an upgrade
Is there any way around that?

Offline Aaaron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2014, 06:24:15 PM »
You can transfer upgrades. There was a loophole, where you kept a dumb phone line, then bought a new smartphone and moved it to your UDP line. However they recently closed that where if you buy a smartphone the data plan comes with it for two years. However this doesn't close the loophole that you would create. If you have a line already on 2GB tiered data, you wouldn't care if it stayed on 2 GB tiered data for two more years. So you could have two upgrades every two years.

I just did this about 2 months ago.  When did they close the loophole?

Offline jdougal

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • Webdesign
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2014, 09:26:13 AM »
Spoke to someone on ebay he told me that in order to keep my same Verizon # I need to transfer my # to google voice and the next day can transfer it back to vzw that would mean I would have to pay the early termination free of $350 being that I just going an upgrade
Is there any way around that?

There is no way around paying the termination fee if you're going to be closing that line. Taking over a line is just like going to the store and creating a new account/line. The only difference is that you're getting unlimited data which they haven't offered for about three years.

Now depending on your current bill and usage it may make sense to add a UDP line with your current line and make a family plan. Again this depends totally on your usage.

For example, you can create a 700 Talk & Text for $130. That would be 700 mins, unlimited text, for TWO lines and then $30 data on the one line. The second line you can put a "dumb" phone and keep for emergencies or give to an older relative/child that just needs an emergency phone or doesn't want/need a smartphone.

Offline jdougal

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • Webdesign
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2014, 09:27:24 AM »
I just did this about 2 months ago.  When did they close the loophole?

I want to say it was last month, but I honestly forget. They made it that so when you use an upgrade to buy a smartphone the data plan is part of the contract. You can no longer switch it to a dumb phone and drop the extra data package.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 10:22:02 AM »
There is no way around paying the termination fee if you're going to be closing that line. Taking over a line is just like going to the store and creating a new account/line. The only difference is that you're getting unlimited data which they haven't offered for about three years.

Now depending on your current bill and usage it may make sense to add a UDP line with your current line and make a family plan. Again this depends totally on your usage.

For example, you can create a 700 Talk & Text for $130. That would be 700 mins, unlimited text, for TWO lines and then $30 data on the one line. The second line you can put a "dumb" phone and keep for emergencies or give to an older relative/child that just needs an emergency phone or doesn't want/need a smartphone.
I thouhght you cant have a dumb phone only a smartphone (even with the 2gb)

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 10:25:41 AM »
There are still ways to use an upgrade on an unlimited data line and keep unlimted data. I recently did it to get the iPhone 6.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:41:57 AM by jj1000 »
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2014, 10:29:29 AM »
I thouhght you cant have a dumb phone only a smartphone (even with the 2gb)
The 2nd line is the dumb phone line on a 2 line share plan.
My favorite cause: cssy.org