Author Topic: Project Management Software  (Read 20160 times)

Offline jackofall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Project Management Software
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2019, 01:47:01 PM »
Put on your todolist to find a better todolist option :)

If you post a bit of what you're looking for maybe we can give suggestions?
Thanks.

The key for this to work for us is simplicity. There are some tech challenged individuals that will have to use this.
Specifically, I am looking for a tool to help manage one-off tasks that frequently pop-up. Because these "to-do" items are one-off and not daily/monthly, they get lost in the shuffle. Additionally, some of these items are recurring on an annual basis. So I would like the option of having recurring tasks populate automatically.
Some of these items have  a workflow. Meaning, person A does part number 1, then person B has to do part number 2 etc. But some don't, just need to get done.
Another important component, is a high level dashboard. So management can get a feel, overall, what's going on with these items.

Thanks for all the help.
If you focus on being a boss, you will never be a leader. Leaders lead people to growth and improvement.

Offline DanH

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2019, 07:04:31 PM »
ClickUp is pretty new, I've been liking it a lot. They have a free version, and a paid version $5/user/month with more features.
Whenever they have a promo video that says and shows absolutely nothing about how it works it turns me off.
Did you see the video on their homepage? Disaster.
For tech help feel free to Telegram me @DanTechSupp

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2019, 07:28:52 PM »
Whenever they have a promo video that says and shows absolutely nothing about how it works it turns me off.
Did you see the video on their homepage? Disaster.
Yes most apps are like that. But the app itself is great!
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2019, 08:18:37 PM »
Thanks.

The key for this to work for us is simplicity. There are some tech challenged individuals that will have to use this.
Specifically, I am looking for a tool to help manage one-off tasks that frequently pop-up. Because these "to-do" items are one-off and not daily/monthly, they get lost in the shuffle. Additionally, some of these items are recurring on an annual basis. So I would like the option of having recurring tasks populate automatically.
Some of these items have  a workflow. Meaning, person A does part number 1, then person B has to do part number 2 etc. But some don't, just need to get done.
Another important component, is a high level dashboard. So management can get a feel, overall, what's going on with these items.

Thanks for all the help.
So you want recurring tasks, subtasks (I think that's what you mean by workflow) which can be assigned to different users, and a management dashboard. I don't think todoist can do #3. Asana might work but I found the interface confusing. ClickUp can do 1 and 2, I'm not sure about management but you can give it a try. I haven't used that area in any of the apps I've tried.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2019, 12:12:16 PM »
Is there a way to view Workflowy or Trello chronologically? I am looking to be able to track what was done on an item but also what was done each day.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2019, 08:19:36 PM »
It is looking to me like dynalist https://dynalist.io/invite/U6gHOg is much more full-featured than workflowy. @etech0 why do you prefer workflowy? Dynalist is even unlimited items without the referral in your sig :) the referral gives a discount on pro which does seem needed to be better than workflowy. I don't even know if I will use pro trial. Dynalist allows dates and numbered lists which can be sorted in various different ways. It looks like what I need.

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2019, 11:09:53 PM »
Is there a way to view Workflowy or Trello chronologically? I am looking to be able to track what was done on an item but also what was done each day.
Not that I know of... I haven't used Trello in ages so I can't say. With Workflowy you can filter by last-modified but I don't know of a way to sort otherwise (though you can always look through the emails they send you every day, letting you know what changed).

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2019, 11:10:17 PM »
It is looking to me like dynalist https://dynalist.io/invite/U6gHOg is much more full-featured than workflowy. @etech0 why do you prefer workflowy? Dynalist is even unlimited items without the referral in your sig :) the referral gives a discount on pro which does seem needed to be better than workflowy. I don't even know if I will use pro trial. Dynalist allows dates and numbered lists which can be sorted in various different ways. It looks like what I need.
So it's an interesting question. Dynalist seems to have more features, however, in my opinion (and this is strictly an opinion), it loses the simplicity and ease of use and navigation that Workflowy has. Are there a couple of features that I wish they would add? Yes, but I don't need them enough to justify switching. Plus they plan on adding move features over time. With referrals, I haven't needed to upgrade to the pro version yet, but if I did need to I would.

If Dynalist looks like what you need, by all means, go for it! And if one day you find yourself wishing it was a drop less clunky, come back and try workflowy again :)

Good luck!

PS: I have no business relationship with Workflowy, I just happen to like it!

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2019, 10:57:11 AM »
So it's an interesting question. Dynalist seems to have more features, however, in my opinion (and this is strictly an opinion), it loses the simplicity and ease of use and navigation that Workflowy has. Are there a couple of features that I wish they would add? Yes, but I don't need them enough to justify switching. Plus they plan on adding move features over time. With referrals, I haven't needed to upgrade to the pro version yet, but if I did need to I would.

If Dynalist looks like what you need, by all means, go for it! And if one day you find yourself wishing it was a drop less clunky, come back and try workflowy again :)

Good luck!

PS: I have no business relationship with Workflowy, I just happen to like it!

Workflowy does seem simpler and cleaner, but what I really need now is an ability to look at each item entered under the subject in which it was entered as well as by viewing a list of all items entered over a period of a week or 2. I am not even sure that dynalist will do what I need.

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2019, 11:48:51 AM »
Workflowy does seem simpler and cleaner, but what I really need now is an ability to look at each item entered under the subject in which it was entered as well as by viewing a list of all items entered over a period of a week or 2. I am not even sure that dynalist will do what I need.
Not sure either if dynalist is what you need, it sounds like you need a more robust project management system (as opposed to an outlining system like workflowy/dynalist). I would recommend checking out something like ClickUp or Asana and see if that does what you need (I've used both and like ClickUp better).

Offline jose34

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2019, 06:22:53 PM »
ClickUp is pretty new, I've been liking it a lot. They have a free version, and a paid version $5/user/month with more features.
How is Clickup different than Teamwork?
Todoist looks good but does have not the collaboration I need.
Looking for something like todoist with a file manager and chat (among team) option

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2019, 09:08:16 PM »
I haven't used teamwork so I don't know. Clickup lets you attach files, and you can post notes/messages which is kind of like a chat.

Offline jose34

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2019, 03:31:39 AM »
I haven't used teamwork so I don't know. Clickup lets you attach files, and you can post notes/messages which is kind of like a chat.
Does it have a task option?
Also it seemed like it had a learning curve while todoist was simple straightforward but it did not really seem like it was a business use though.

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2019, 05:27:37 PM »
Does it have a task option?
Also it seemed like it had a learning curve while todoist was simple straightforward but it did not really seem like it was a business use though.
Sure, tasks are the core feature. If you've tried it a while ago you may want to try it again, they recently put out ClickUp 2.0 which redid a lot of the design and made things more intuitive. As a general rule when you are setting it up you can choose "template" systems with their recommended fields, statuses, etc., or you can configure it yourself if you need something more specific.

Offline jose34

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2019, 06:08:27 PM »
Sure, tasks are the core feature. If you've tried it a while ago you may want to try it again, they recently put out ClickUp 2.0 which redid a lot of the design and made things more intuitive. As a general rule when you are setting it up you can choose "template" systems with their recommended fields, statuses, etc., or you can configure it yourself if you need something more specific.

I was looking at it but it seemed more  complicated to learn.

Offline Mikeoracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2020, 08:17:47 PM »
Has anyone tried out the Notion app?
I'm seeing a lot of hype about it, supposed to be very flexible with lots of features, and wondering what user experience is like in real life.
Notion.so
Thanks

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2020, 09:44:32 AM »
Has anyone tried out the Notion app?
I'm seeing a lot of hype about it, supposed to be very flexible with lots of features, and wondering what user experience is like in real life.
Notion.so
Thanks

love it
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline jose34

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2022, 12:10:07 PM »
Best Project Management Software( PMS) that integrates Google Forms.

What I am looking for is PMS to take Google Form ( request) and convert into a task, with the correct preset perimeters.
Looking for the PMS and Google Software to "talk to each other".

Offline lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2022, 04:35:27 PM »
Best Project Management Software( PMS) that integrates Google Forms.

What I am looking for is PMS to take Google Form ( request) and convert into a task, with the correct preset perimeters.
Looking for the PMS and Google Software to "talk to each other".
I would imagine most could do that, especially with tools like zapier, maybe some have native integrations.

If that is the primary source, I would imagine you need a ticket based system