6 (7.1%)
Yes but deals should not be posted.
3 (3.5%)
No but deals should be posted.
18 (21.2%)
Undecided.
9 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Is It "Wrong" To Post Turkish Air Deals?  (Read 8280 times)

Offline dovy2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Is It "Wrong" To Post Turkish Air Deals?
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2014, 08:48:57 AM »
Every additional traveller to Israel adds to Israel's revenue

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 08:54:13 AM »
Every additional traveller to Israel adds to Israel's revenue
AA, Delta, United fly there too.

Offline shtank

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 08:57:30 AM »
AA, Delta, United fly there too.
See my post above.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 01:27:59 PM »
Hamas is taking the top of the list of most hated in our world and its very hard emotionally to think that we are possibly supporting them in any way. while thy are butchering our brothers and sisters day after day in the holy-land  the wounds are just too fresh to forget. so i wouldn't call it politically rather emotionally   :'(   
That's your opinion and I respect it.
But I'm over the age of 18 to make my own decisions and neither you nor Dan has to do it for me. Let Dan post all deals and everyone to decide for themselves.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2014, 01:44:34 PM »
And I was talking to an executive at amazon who told me eBay is terrible

My thoughts exactly... :P

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2015, 10:43:44 AM »
I recently found out that Emirates owns part of several airlines, including Alitalia and Air Berlin. So, according to my past logic that I don't like to financially support an Arab airline that likely supports the Hamas (or the like), should I no longer fly AZ or AB? No, I'm not actually looking for someone to tell me what I should be doing :P just looking to start the discussion.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2015, 10:49:19 AM »
I recently found out that Emirates owns part of several airlines, including Alitalia and Air Berlin. So, according to my past logic that I don't like to financially support an Arab airline that likely supports the Hamas (or the like), should I no longer fly AZ or AB? No, I'm not actually looking for someone to tell me what I should be doing :P just looking to start the discussion.
Probably every major corporation in the world is owned in part by people that support those groups, so you should probably stop using your computer and pretty much anything at all.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2015, 10:50:30 AM »
Probably every major corporation in the world is owned in part by people that support those groups, so you should probably stop using your computer and pretty much anything at all.
Granted, but where does one draw the line?

Offline ShlockDoc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2015, 10:51:55 AM »
Granted, but where does one draw the line?

Everyone draws their own line wherever they want.  It's completely subjective...

Offline shwarmabob

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2015, 11:26:41 AM »
In a modern international economy, it's pretty difficult to draw those lines. Often the lines that people draw for themselves/families/groups don't make much sense logically. For example for several decades after WWII, most askhenazim would not buy "German" cars. It was very rare to see someone in these communities drive a BMW, Benz, Volkswagen. This is quite understandable. However, what do you do after Daimler-Chrysler? All the same people kept on driving and purchasing their new Dodge and Daimler-Chrysler minivans. What makes a Volkswagen manufactured in Tennessee or Kentucky more associated with the Third Reich than a Dodge/Daimler-Chrysler (traded in the Frankfurt exchange)? This is just in addition to the fact that today's Germany is obviously not of that in the past. Good luck figuring this and dozen of other examples out.

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Re: Is It &quot;Wrong&quot; To Post Turkish Air Deals?
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2015, 11:50:14 AM »
Its Etihad, not Emirates

Offline DMYD

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2015, 11:57:10 AM »
Computer I would say that is more of Israeli stuff.

Offline Hershelsdeals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2015, 12:05:34 PM »
Any time you pay for transportation, part of the money goes to the Persian Gulf.

Also, if you can get an airline deal, money wise or better product, and don't take it because your worried that part of the money is going to the middle east, IMHO is your loss, not the airline, it's actually more likely that someone out there in the middle east is laughing at you,  especially if you choose an American carrier VS one of the 3 Big Gulf carriers for more points and less value
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 12:12:26 PM by Hershelsdeals »

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »
Computer I would say that is more of Israeli stuff.
Then you definitely shouldn't use it

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2015, 04:01:19 PM »
Its Etihad, not Emirates
Whoops.

In a modern international economy, it's pretty difficult to draw those lines. Often the lines that people draw for themselves/families/groups don't make much sense logically. For example for several decades after WWII, most askhenazim would not buy "German" cars. It was very rare to see someone in these communities drive a BMW, Benz, Volkswagen. This is quite understandable. However, what do you do after Daimler-Chrysler? All the same people kept on driving and purchasing their new Dodge and Daimler-Chrysler minivans. What makes a Volkswagen manufactured in Tennessee or Kentucky more associated with the Third Reich than a Dodge/Daimler-Chrysler (traded in the Frankfurt exchange)? This is just in addition to the fact that today's Germany is obviously not of that in the past. Good luck figuring this and dozen of other examples out.
I would say good point, but at the same time, today - buying a Benz is not going towards anything bad. Booking a ticket on Etihad however...

Any time you pay for transportation, part of the money goes to the Persian Gulf.

Also, if you can get an airline deal, money wise or better product, and don't take it because your worried that part of the money is going to the middle east, IMHO is your loss, not the airline, it's actually more likely that someone out there in the middle east is laughing at you,  especially if you choose an American carrier VS one of the 3 Big Gulf carriers for more points and less value

Good first point. Goes along with filling up at the gas station. But I don't get the second point - they'll laugh because I'm flying an inferior product/paying more money for it? If the money actually supports terrorism, and I'm getting a "bad" deal in exchange for not supporting them, I'll take that...

Offline Hershelsdeals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2015, 04:54:45 PM »
Good first point. Goes along with filling up at the gas station. But I don't get the second point - they'll laugh because I'm flying an inferior product/paying more money for it? If the money actually supports terrorism, and I'm getting a "bad" deal in exchange for not supporting them, I'll take that...

What I mean to say, Boycotting the Gulf 3 is as useless as the Arab Boycott of Israeli goods.

No matter what airline you fly, the fuel charges that you pay will end up in the Gulf.

For example, Turkish Airlines has flights to Israel for $450, Elal has the same flight for $1200, you will be saving way more money than Turkish will be profiting.

Don't you think your enemies will ROTFAL in joy while you shoot yourself in the foot in the name of Boycotting them?

you'd be inconveniencing no one else but yourself

How about Israels plan on importing  water from Turkey? Will you boycott the water?

How about Israels Gas and oil imports from Egypt , Is it kosher because it's the state that imports it?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:07:41 PM by Hershelsdeals »

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2015, 06:15:05 PM »

What I mean to say, Boycotting the Gulf 3 is as useless as the Arab Boycott of Israeli goods.

No matter what airline you fly, the fuel charges that you pay will end up in the Gulf.

For example, Turkish Airlines has flights to Israel for $450, Elal has the same flight for $1200, you will be saving way more money than Turkish will be profiting.

Don't you think your enemies will ROTFAL in joy while you shoot yourself in the foot in the name of Boycotting them?

you'd be inconveniencing no one else but yourself

How about Israels plan on importing  water from Turkey? Will you boycott the water?

How about Israels Gas and oil imports from Egypt , Is it kosher because it's the state that imports it?
Ah, now I understand what you meant by traveling. I think that's a very good point. Thanks for the thoughts.