Topic Wiki

Hamodia Classifieds http://hamodia.com/classifieds-4/

Yated Classifieds - Submit classifieds here, read classifieds here

Good list of Jewish jobs sites: http://jicny.wordpress.com/job-sites/

http://poelgroup.com/home

luach.com

https://jewishjobs.com/jobs/list Doubt most people here would want to work at many of the jobs here. Director of JStreet?! Reform Rabbis and teachers etc. 

https://yidjob.com/

http://macherusa.com/jobs/g?pn=1#f

https://www.jobsgemach.com/

« Last edited by davidmal on March 15, 2021, 01:51:00 PM »

Author Topic: Dans Deals Employment Agency Thread  (Read 406732 times)

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile

Offline uo

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dans Deals Employment Agency Thread
« Reply #1501 on: October 27, 2021, 08:42:33 PM »
Bump

Please PM with any opportunities to work remotely (Diff time zone). Experienced in data entry, logistical coordination etc. Reliable hard worker available part-time.

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 27, 2021, 08:58:30 PM »
Responsible Warehouse Manager Needed In Edison, NJ.
5 Days a Week.
Sunday - Thursday.
8AM - 5PM.
Must have A Car Daily.
Available
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 29, 2021, 01:28:49 AM »
Bump

Please PM with any opportunities to work remotely (Diff time zone). Experienced in data entry, logistical coordination etc. Reliable hard worker available part-time.
+1

Offline Deals Fan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Spg Platinum, Avis Presidents club, Hertz PC Hyatt Platinum, United Silver
« Reply #1504 on: November 02, 2021, 12:09:02 AM »
Looking For P3 SETSS Provider In Flatbush
Enhanced Rate
Afternoon Hours

Offline Onefishtwofish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 11, 2021, 07:21:31 AM »
B&H has a few openings.
See Link
https://collive.com/classifieds/show-ad/86463/full-time-employment-opportunities-at-bh-photo/jobs-available/

If you want more information pm me and I'll send you the email for recruiting.

Offline Kvending

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 11, 2021, 07:48:17 AM »
Seeking Secretary for a clothing wholesale business.

Middletown NY.

Please pm if interested

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: November 11, 2021, 08:54:55 AM »
B&H has a few openings.
See Link
https://collive.com/classifieds/show-ad/86463/full-time-employment-opportunities-at-bh-photo/jobs-available/

If you want more information pm me and I'll send you the email for recruiting.

Countless of their employees have resigned over the last few months - great place to work, but very strict 9-6 hours and no remote allowed.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 11, 2021, 10:28:20 AM »
Countless of their employees have resigned over the last few months - great place to work, but very strict 9-6 hours and no remote allowed.

Interesting. Do they pay competitively in today's market? I had a really good interview there years ago and I think they didn't want to pay what I asked for/was worth?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 11, 2021, 10:32:06 AM »
The question I've heard,
Is there room for growth there?

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 11, 2021, 10:50:44 AM »
Interesting. Do they pay competitively in today's market? I had a really good interview there years ago and I think they didn't want to pay what I asked for/was worth?
In general they do not pay market. They know they have a "captive workforce" - people who would never be able to work for a non-frum company.

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: November 11, 2021, 10:56:44 AM »
Umm, don't most businesses have strict work hours? If I'm paying you to work, I expect you to be at work. And I see no problem with them requiring you to be on-site. Up until 18 months ago, that was the norm. And I expect it produces much better output.
As a side, I have a neighbor that works for them and is still working from home. But maybe he got a special exemption. IDK.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 11, 2021, 11:15:42 AM »
In general they do not pay market. They know they have a "captive workforce" - people who would never be able to work for a non-frum company.

Figured as much, so where did all the employees who resigned go? Are there that many opportunities in frum companies?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 11, 2021, 01:24:03 PM »
Maybe the covid bennies outweigh....

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 11, 2021, 03:37:42 PM »
Umm, don't most businesses have strict work hours? If I'm paying you to work, I expect you to be at work. And I see no problem with them requiring you to be on-site. Up until 18 months ago, that was the norm. And I expect it produces much better output.
As a side, I have a neighbor that works for them and is still working from home. But maybe he got a special exemption. IDK.

When one has to daven in the morning, and then a stressful hour to two hour commute into midtown Manhattan each way, each day -- it takes a toll on a person. As far as strict working hours, what I mean is there is absolutely no flexibility. ie - no option to work less hours for less pay.  And some departments - employees stuck working every night till extremely late hours - they never see their children except on shabbos. There were employees that accomplished ten times more than their entire teams, stayed very late everyday, but got fired because they came in late / failed to punch it by 9am. Even if you are a lawyer working in their legal department, you have to punch in like you work in a factory.

Most of the jobs there do not involve the physical store, B&H still requires employees to work onsite. During Covid, B&H finally let employees work remotely, but in the early Summer they put a stop to it, and that caused a mass of resignations.  At least if hundreds of employees live in Monsey or Kiryas Joel -- it would be great if there can be an office upstate for the workers to work in - but they want everybody physically in same building.

And yes, many were able to find employment elsewhere.  On the positive, it's a great place that gave countless of thousands of yidden a place to work over the decades - many whom were unemployable anywhere else. You can have all the degrees and skills and qualifications, but most goyishe companies do not want employees who where the entire levush and unreachable/unavailable on shabbos.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 05:09:22 PM by Saulius »

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: November 11, 2021, 04:31:27 PM »
When one has to daven in the morning, and then a stressful hour to two hour commute into midtown Manhattan each way, each day -- it takes a toll on a person. As far as strict working hours, what I mean is there is absolutely no flexibility. ie - no option to work less hours for less pay. There were employees that accomplished ten times more than their entire teams, stayed very late everyday, but got fired because they came in late / failed to punch it by 9am. Even if you are a lawyer working in their legal department, you have to punch in like you work in a factory.

Most of the jobs there do not involve the physical store, B&H still requires employees to work onsite. During Covid, B&H finally let employees work remotely, but in the early Summer they put a stop to it, and that caused a mass of resignations.  At least if hundreds of employees live in Monsey or Kiryas Joel -- it would be great if there can be an office upstate for the workers to work in - but they want everybody physically in same building.

And yes, many were able to find employment elsewhere.
I don't know. As an employer, I fully understand where they are coming from. If I'm hiring somebody to work X hours, I expect them to be there those hours. The fact that they have to daven, commute, are stressed, is willing to take less money is not the relevant. I'm hiring you because I need you there for that time. Everybody from all walks of life have valid excuses. So I should only accept the ones for the Jews? The city, state, federal justice systems will be all over it, not to mention class action. Every jew has davening issues and they work it out one way or another (speak to your rov about davening b'yichidus, daven more locally, etc).
In short, if you can't be there the full time I'm need someone there, I'll move onto the next person. If I have an opening for part time, then apply for that position. But you can't complain that they make you work the hours you signed up for.
In regards to punching in/out, been there done that too. You have to have the same policy for everybody or you're opening the door for easy abuse, problems. and/or discrimination. Ask anybody that has manages a large amount of employees or any HR person.

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #1516 on: November 11, 2021, 05:50:02 PM »
I don't know. As an employer, I fully understand where they are coming from. If I'm hiring somebody to work X hours, I expect them to be there those hours. The fact that they have to daven, commute, are stressed, is willing to take less money is not the relevant. I'm hiring you because I need you there for that time. Everybody from all walks of life have valid excuses. So I should only accept the ones for the Jews? The city, state, federal justice systems will be all over it, not to mention class action. Every jew has davening issues and they work it out one way or another (speak to your rov about davening b'yichidus, daven more locally, etc).
In short, if you can't be there the full time I'm need someone there, I'll move onto the next person. If I have an opening for part time, then apply for that position. But you can't complain that they make you work the hours you signed up for.
In regards to punching in/out, been there done that too. You have to have the same policy for everybody or you're opening the door for easy abuse, problems. and/or discrimination. Ask anybody that has manages a large amount of employees or any HR person.

I don’t think he says that it’s not right for them or you to require that. Everyone can require whatever they want but employees also can decide not to work in such a place and/or resign. Which is what happened in many places around the country/world where many employees were in these very tough cycles but didn’t consider resigning and with the pandemic things changed.

I don’t know b&h well but based on what’s written here I do know of other jewish and non Jewish companies who have different work requirement and they still manage to be profitable. For example, many companies are still allowing at least part time remotely, more flexible with the time you show up if you leave later, more flexible to employ part time, are more flexible with more crucial employees etc.

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 11, 2021, 06:13:52 PM »

That information is based on?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 11, 2021, 06:16:50 PM »
That information is based on?
I've heard it all the way over the Atlantic.
Low pay, but they accept everyone.
I've heard this from several independent sources.

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 11, 2021, 06:19:10 PM »
When one has to daven in the morning, and then a stressful hour to two hour commute into midtown Manhattan each way, each day -- it takes a toll on a person. As far as strict working hours, what I mean is there is absolutely no flexibility. ie - no option to work less hours for less pay.  And some departments - employees stuck working every night till extremely late hours - they never see their children except on shabbos. There were employees that accomplished ten times more than their entire teams, stayed very late everyday, but got fired because they came in late / failed to punch it by 9am. Even if you are a lawyer working in their legal department, you have to punch in like you work in a factory.

And yes, many were able to find employment elsewhere.  On the positive, it's a great place that gave countless of thousands of yidden a place to work over the decades - many whom were unemployable anywhere else. You can have all the degrees and skills and qualifications, but most goyishe companies do not want employees who where the entire levush and unreachable/unavailable on shabbos.

Employees forced to work late hours or compensated with overtime and incentives if they wish to stay late? I know many who work in some departments there. There is no forced overtime required. If you would like to earn overtime and dinner plus other incentives, there are busy seasons where that is requested. If an employee prefers to go home and spend time with their family that is totally fine.

As for flexibility on hours, I am quite sure you don’t have people fired because they came at 9:10. If you do come every day at 11 and that is disruptive to the work, then yes I can see that.