Author Topic: Suggestions on getting my perscription drugs in Israel  (Read 1181 times)

Offline CKohn

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Suggestions on getting my perscription drugs in Israel
« on: November 03, 2014, 07:44:59 AM »
I just got to Israel and realize the plan I was suggested for health insurance doesn't cover prescribed drugs.  If it helps I as still on medicaid back in NY.  I am right now testing out living in israel as my work is something I can do from anywhere.  Any suggestions?

Offline sammy n

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions on getting my perscription drugs in Israel
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 07:53:26 AM »

I just got to Israel and realize the plan I was suggested for health insurance doesn't cover prescribed drugs.  If it helps I as still on medicaid back in NY.  I am right now testing out living in israel as my work is something I can do from anywhere.  Any suggestions?
Sign up for insurance there. It's relatively cheap and covers proscribed medication.

Offline E R K

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 07:54:42 AM »
It might take lots of phone calls but you need to call your insurance co and tell them you're away for a few months. They have to approve you to get more than 1 month at a time and your doctor will have to call to get you new Rx for longer periods of time.  I had to do this for my kid who was in  Israel for year. I was able to get 3 months at a time and called doc every 3 months for the Rx. Good luck.

Offline dudi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:08:23 AM »
It might take lots of phone calls but you need to call your insurance co and tell them you're away for a few months. They have to approve you to get more than 1 month at a time and your doctor will have to call to get you new Rx for longer periods of time.  I had to do this for my kid who was in  Israel for year. I was able to get 3 months at a time and called doc every 3 months for the Rx. Good luck.
Just in case this doesn't work it will probably be worth it to talk to meuchedet and see what plans they can give you they have a dollar a day plan and they have one a bit more expensive that covers more

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 03:04:11 AM »
A lot of pharmacies in Israel will give you meds over the counter,  such as eye drops,  puffers,  creams etc.  Usually cheaper than the copay in the states

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 03:20:51 AM »
Sign up for Meuchedet. It's only around $25-$50 PER MONTH. And you can get all the prescriptions you want. :)