Author Topic: Amazon Refunds - Please read  (Read 14737 times)

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Refunds - Please read
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 04:55:50 PM »
Thats why I am still hesitant. But if a item, clothing for example, says free returns wouldn't that be different or it would be the same?
I'd think clothing would be different.

Offline MC

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 04:57:38 PM »

Thats why I am still hesitant. But if a item, clothing for example, says free returns wouldn't that be different or it would be the same?
I do it a ton with shoes, (I buy a few pairs in a few sizes to decide) and haven't had any problems.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2014, 04:59:20 PM »
I do it a ton with shoes, (I buy a few pairs in a few sizes to decide) and haven't had any problems.
+1
Maybe that looks less suspicious...
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline newcomer

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2014, 11:20:29 PM »
They shut my account a few weeks ago as well.  Don't do that many returns, but bought a few pairs of shoes there recently and did it the same way I always do on Zappos.  I buy a few sizes and return the ones that don't fit.  Seems they didn't like that.  But I would assume that's how most people buy shoes.  Zappos never shut me down.  I do have another account with them now, but am not using it so frequently.  Never got warning letters, just one informing me that my account was shut.

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2014, 12:32:10 AM »
Got the same email mainly because I returned a defective item 8x (out of 200-300 in 4 years)! (I loved it but it always broke within 2 months lol) So now I buy more from them to offset this and make sure to ask them to refund without having to send back the object for defective items.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
Don't want to start a new thread, and this is about an amazon refund so I will post it here.

Couple of weeks ago we bought a Mountain Buggy Free rider Kiddie Board and 2 connectors as we were not sure which would fit our stroller. I set it up and it was a PITA to use and push at the same time. Given it was baby store, Amazon has free returns, so I set up a return for all 3 using UPS pickup.  For whatever reason amazon did 3 separate RMA’s with a shipping label (to be provided by UPS upon pickup) for each item. Strangely enough, only one of them had an RMA barcode that printed out, the rest just had some general information and did not have anything that said it needed to be put into the box.
On Monday the UPS guy came and picked up one box but said he forgot the label for the other ones so he would come back the next day. On Tuesday he came back and said he forgot the labels again. He also asked if I could mark each box with the tracking number as they were going to different return centers. He offered to take them with him and figure out but we weren’t comfortable giving it to him (I have since spoken to UPS supervisor who said that would be OK). Yesterday we get home and the boxes are gone, so we assumed he came and picked them up.
Today at 11 AM I get a call from the driver asking where the packages are.  I was not pleased. He said he had not picked them up yesterday. In fact, when I checked the tracking information it showed a pickup attempt at 725PM last night which is ludicrous as I was home all evening and nobody rang the bell or knocked on our door.
I called the UPS 800 number to complain about the driver. I know they can’t do anything about the missing packages, but I was not pleased about how he forgot the labels the first 2 times and how he claimed he attempted a pickup a third time but never actually showed up. They forwarded the info to the local supervisor who would call me back.
In the meanwhile I called Amazon and got Genevive P, in what I assume is India based on her accent. I told her what happened, she understood the story exactly, I did not have to repeat it. She put me on hold for a good 10-15 minutes or so, and came back and told me that Amazon would issue a full refund for both items.  Honestly, I was floored. I did not expect that at all. I thought maybe I’d get a promo credit, or they would reach out to UPS in some way, but I was not expecting a full refund.  I was very impressed.

This is why I continue to buy almost everything that I can on Amazon.  Kudos for their excellent customer service!!

Got the same email mainly because I returned a defective item 8x (out of 200-300 in 4 years)! (I loved it but it always broke within 2 months lol) So now I buy more from them to offset this and make sure to ask them to refund without having to send back the object for defective items.
[/quote]
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2014, 11:15:37 PM »

Don't want to start a new thread, and this is about an amazon refund so I will post it here.

Couple of weeks ago we bought a Mountain Buggy Free rider Kiddie Board and 2 connectors as we were not sure which would fit our stroller. I set it up and it was a PITA to use and push at the same time. Given it was baby store, Amazon has free returns, so I set up a return for all 3 using UPS pickup.  For whatever reason amazon did 3 separate RMA’s with a shipping label (to be provided by UPS upon pickup) for each item. Strangely enough, only one of them had an RMA barcode that printed out, the rest just had some general information and did not have anything that said it needed to be put into the box.
On Monday the UPS guy came and picked up one box but said he forgot the label for the other ones so he would come back the next day. On Tuesday he came back and said he forgot the labels again. He also asked if I could mark each box with the tracking number as they were going to different return centers. He offered to take them with him and figure out but we weren’t comfortable giving it to him (I have since spoken to UPS supervisor who said that would be OK). Yesterday we get home and the boxes are gone, so we assumed he came and picked them up.
Today at 11 AM I get a call from the driver asking where the packages are.  I was not pleased. He said he had not picked them up yesterday. In fact, when I checked the tracking information it showed a pickup attempt at 725PM last night which is ludicrous as I was home all evening and nobody rang the bell or knocked on our door.
I called the UPS 800 number to complain about the driver. I know they can’t do anything about the missing packages, but I was not pleased about how he forgot the labels the first 2 times and how he claimed he attempted a pickup a third time but never actually showed up. They forwarded the info to the local supervisor who would call me back.
In the meanwhile I called Amazon and got Genevive P, in what I assume is India based on her accent. I told her what happened, she understood the story exactly, I did not have to repeat it. She put me on hold for a good 10-15 minutes or so, and came back and told me that Amazon would issue a full refund for both items.  Honestly, I was floored. I did not expect that at all. I thought maybe I’d get a promo credit, or they would reach out to UPS in some way, but I was not expecting a full refund.  I was very impressed.

This is why I continue to buy almost everything that I can on Amazon.  Kudos for their excellent customer service!!

Yes, Amazon is that great. Unfortunately I've heard stories of people abusing this.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 11:21:51 PM »
Amazon only links your accounts once you've been shutdown.
Once, you get such an email, you just move on to a new account.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2014, 11:23:43 PM »

Amazon only links your accounts once you've been shutdown.
Once, you get such an email, you just move on to a new account.

Good idea but I would have to wait for prime to finish. And don't you think I actually get better service since I have 30k+ of spending on that account?

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2017, 09:54:52 PM »
Am I risking getting shut down for getting too many Prime extensions for items delivered late?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2017, 09:58:16 PM »
Am I risking getting shut down for getting too many Prime extensions for items delivered late?
Haven't heard any such reports.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2017, 09:58:39 PM »
I am holding by almost 2 years
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2017, 12:54:09 AM »
Haven't heard any such reports.

I am holding by almost 2 years
Thanks.

Offline Miracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2017, 12:58:56 AM »
What's this mean?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2017, 01:00:25 AM »
What's this mean?
They offer additional months of prime as a compensation.

Offline Miracle

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2017, 01:01:46 AM »
They offer additional months of prime as a compensation.
Really? I didn't know that. Instead of $10 or something?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2017, 01:02:24 AM »
Really? I didn't know that. Instead of $10 or something?
Or in addition

Offline Miracle

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2017, 01:03:45 AM »
Or in addition
Cool, didn't know that. Do they tell you this? LoL.. never heard about it.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2017, 01:07:26 AM »
Cool, didn't know that. Do they tell you this? LoL.. never heard about it.
They might offer it or you can ask.

Offline Miracle

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2017, 01:17:15 AM »
They might offer it or you can ask.
thanks